Goodbye Jesus

Good Article On Arthur C. Clarke

par4dcourse

Par4dcourse, did you know that Arthur C. Clarke was accused of being a pedophile? He spent almost all his life in Sri Lanka. Here are some links to these stories:

Here: http://everything2.com/node/37438

it says this:

On February 1, 1998, a British Tabloid newspaper (The Sunday Mirror) reported that Clarke, then a recent candidate for knighthood, was a pedophile and was living in Sri Lanka in order to facilitate that lifestyle. The Mirror article quoted a supposed interview with Clarke: "Once they have reached the age of puberty, it is OK... It doesn't do any harm.'' and "I am trying to think of the youngest boy I have ever had because, of course, you can't tell it here. I think most of the damage comes from the fuss made by hysterical parents afterwards. If the kids don't mind, fair enough.". The newspaper account also claimed that Clarke had links to well-known paedophile rings operating in Britain and Europe

Here: http://www.useless-knowledge.com/1234/feb/article248.html

it says this:

Sri Lanka is one of the most the preferred destinations in the world for pedophiles. Pedophiles of all sexual preferences can find their requirement fulfilled in the beach resorts of Sri Lanka.

It is very fashionable in Sri Lanka to invite friends over for an extravagant night life that includes ‘services’ from elementary school students. Arguing the negativity of this behavior does not provide any results. Further, the patronage of this activity includes a highly respect writer of international repute and a former head of a G7 nation.

When Arthur Clarke on a BBC interview acknowledged his acceptance of a pedophile lifestyle, it did not trigger any investigation. When Helmut Kohl got stuck in a tourist resort during the tsunami, he was accorded an official ‘rescue’. The only time you hear a story on this topic is when a tourist neglects to pay courtesy to the officials. In some cases the kids do not even get paid for their work. They do this to make the leaders of their neighborhood attain favors from a tourist.

It seems he was able to escape these alledged incidences, however, I hold the dismissal of these charges in high suspect. Too many people had too much invested in him to allow this story to be known as true. They just didn't want to belive it. So, IMO, he is probably as innocent as Michael Jackson. It does have to make one wonder why he would choose to live in Sri Lanka for most of his life... :Hmm:

It does have to make one wonder why he would choose to live in Sri Lanka for most of his life...

Uh...., beautful country, low taxation, high dollar exchange rate, relatively few xtians, friendly people.............

I didn't know the man personally, I just liked his writing.

I think the Sunday Mirror being threatened with High Court action, it publishing an apology and settling out of court *may* have some bearing, but hey, why let the fact get in the way of some salacious gossip? After all it never stopped the Sunday Mirror...

No one has ever heard this tape... and it wasn't the BBC...

Uh...., beautful country, low taxation, high dollar exchange rate, relatively few xtians, friendly people.............

I didn't know the man personally, I just liked his writing.

Yeah, I liked his TV series that use to run here, although I have forgotten the name of it. Maybe "Mysteries of the Unknown" or something like that. :shrug:

I like Michael Jackson as a singer/dancer too... however, I think he has had some pedophile tendencies too.

When Arthur Clarke on a BBC interview acknowledged his acceptance of a pedophile lifestyle, it did not trigger any investigation. When Helmut Kohl got stuck in a tourist resort during the tsunami, he was accorded an official ‘rescue’. The only time you hear a story on this topic is when a tourist neglects to pay courtesy to the officials. In some cases the kids do not even get paid for their work. They do this to make the leaders of their neighborhood attain favors from a tourist.

:eek: Yuk !!! ... Where is the link to this ?

http://www.useless-knowledge.com/1234/feb/article248.html

What is interesting is that he never got married... and it is suspicious that he would pick Sri Lanka to make his home. Who would opt to live there?

Here http://gvnet.com/childprostitution/SriLanka.htm it says this of Sri Lanka:

U.S. Dept of Labor Bureau of International Labor Affairs

INCIDENCE AND NATURE OF CHILD LABOR - The government estimates that more than 2,000 children are engaged in prostitution. The majority of children engaged in prostitution are victimized by local citizens, though there are reports of sex tourism as well. Trafficking of children typically does not cross national borders; children are trafficked within the country to work as domestic servants and for the purposes of sexual exploitation, especially at tourist destinations.

Concluding Observations of the Committee on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights

[13] The Committee notes with concern the plight of hundreds of thousands of Sri Lankan women working abroad as domestic helpers, many of them underpaid and treated as virtual slaves. The Committee regrets that the Government has not made a serious effort to assess the negative impact of this phenomenon on children who are left in vulnerable and difficult circumstances without their mothers and to take appropriate remedial measures.

Many Children Still Abused And Neglected In Sri Lanka

Child prostitution, child labor, violence against children and general inconsideration of children's feelings and views are evident in Sri Lanka. According to the Chairman of the National Child Protection Authority, nearly 20% of boys and 10% of girls get sexually abused in their own homes and schools at the hands of parents, teachers or someone known to them.

Millions Suffer in Sex Slavery

ï‚· Ten thousand children between the ages of 6 and 14 are in Sri Lankan brothels.

I'm sure, at the time of A. C. Clarke, it was basically impossible to prove foul play. The government was known to condone it, as it was a big tourism market. So, without substantial proof, accusations of Clarke were dismissed. It just seems suspicious to me.... Just read the articles on the place, considering the pedophile market, and who here would like to live there for most of your life?