Goodbye Jesus

Creationists-will They Ever Give Up?

Apostate called Jimmy

It infuriates me to no end whenever I'm Googling for something about evolution and I always end up getting several sites that say "Evolution Debunked!" or "Evolution Exposed!" or "Evolution a Hoax!" (have you also noticed that they always end with an exclamation point?). So then I think to myself "Okay, I'll bite" so then I click on it and their "rebuttals" are the same old song and dance.

-There are no transitionals in the fossil record

-Evolution defies the second law of thermodynamics

-The human eyes is too complex to have evolved on it's own

-If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

-Life is too complex to have evolved through natural processes

And of course you can always expect the usual strawmen and quote-mining and mixing the Big Bang theory in with evolution and taking commentary from Darwin out of context. These dumbfucks never learn, no matter how many times their already weak arguments are shot down they just keep using them over and over and over again. And every goddamn time they actually think they've won. Why won't they just stop already?

I think it's embarassing, because you're so clearly right and they are so clearly wrong. Yet after making such arguments they puff up with pride, convinced, I suppose, that they have defended the faith. It's shameful.

Every one of them that I've talked to personally always say the same thing. "I ain't no monkey." I think it really is that simple. It's pride mixed with stupidity. I used to get angry about it. I'm past that now. I think I'll just start shaming them.

It infuriates me to know end whenever I'm Googling for something about evolution and I always end up getting several sites that say "Evolution Debunked!" or "Evolution Exposed!" or "Evolution a Hoax!" (have you also noticed that they always end with an exclamation point?). So then I think to myself "Okay, I'll bite" so then I click on it and their "rebuttals" are the same old song and dance.

And of course you can always expect the usual strawmen and quote-mining and mixing the Big Bang theory in with evolution and taking commentary from Darwin out of context. These dumbfucks never learn, no matter how many times their already weak arguments are shot down they just keep using them over and over and over again. And every goddamn time they actually think they've won. Why won't they just stop already?

They are morons.

There's really no other way to put it. This goes beyond mere ignorance, as you have to actively rationalize and defy obvious evidence to reach the conclusions they've reached.

It even goes beyond lacking a basic understanding of how science works. Not really understanding the concept of a 'theory' pales in significance to the amount of stupid required for creationism.

I mean, theology has its own word already. Why try to claim it as science?

Every creationist I've ever met has been a class A moron. Well, all the sincere ones anyway. There are the sleazy book writing type, who seem to be honestly trying to cash in on the subculture of stupid in their own [supposed] faith.

At any rate, creationist can be proven wrong at every turn. They can be exposed to mountains [literally] of evidence, details can be explained to them in simple to understand ways, and all of it will be put here by god to trick us and test our faith.

What kind of unreasonable standard is that anyway? Make it obvious that the truth is wrong, just to have a laugh at us "Ha! Ha! Fooled you!" just before sending us to hell forever because we fell for it?

There's a reasonable and loving deity for ya.

Creationists are by far, the most ignorant people in the planet.

Let me goggle some answers, in grade-school level wording so as not to confuse the tiny specks of grey matter in their heads they call brains:

There are no transitionals in the fossil record

Answer: The creationists are fond of stating that there are "no transitionals in the fossil record". One of the best fossil transitionals, however, is that of Icthyostega, which combines the traits of both fishes and amphibians, and represents the transition between aquatic and terrestrial vertebrate life. More detail here: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Han...2437/icthyo.htm

Evolution defies the second law of thermodynamics

Answer: The Second Law of Thermodynamics -- that closed energy systems tend to fall into disorder -- is not applicable in the case of life on earth. The earth is an open system, not a closed one, since it gets an endless supply of energy from the sun.

http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-thermodynamics.htm

The human eyes is too complex to have evolved on it's own

The vertebrate 'design' can easily be explained by the theory of evolution - a proto-eye evolved which was simply an area of light-sensitive skin. By chance, nerve endings happened to be between the light sensitive area and the light sensitive cells - it was 50/50 how the cells were developed. Since the light sensitive cells gave the individuals which possessed them a slight selection advantage they stuck, and developed into an eye.

Humans' eyes are even worse design than just having a back-to-front retina. Many animals have bi-focal lenses and are able to magnify objects much further away than humans are capable of seeing.

http://wiki.cotch.net/index.php/Eye

If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

The main point against this statement is that many evolutionists believe that a small group of creatures split off from the main group and became reproductively isolated from the main large population, and that most change happened in the small group which can lead to allopatric speciation (a geographically isolated population forming a new species). So there's nothing in evolutionary theory that requires the main group to become extinct.

http://creationontheweb.com/content/view/2996

Life is too complex to have evolved through natural processes

Complexity from simplicity

``There was no primordial chaos before the big bang - not really. Instead, everything was neatly concentrated in one location. Then it scattered, and is still scattering, a disorderliness far exceeding the structural order of galaxies, stars, planets, and life forms which have appeared in the course of the process.'' [Poul Anderson "Science & Creation" Analog, Sept 1983]

Ref the information example. It is easy to get VERY complicated systems containing a tremendous amount of information starting from very simple, low information systems. Two methods:

1. fractal structures - start with a very simple rule and repeat it over and over and over. The resulting structure can be (usually is) VERY complicated, but the formation equations can be very, very simple. And the universe has had a long time to do so. Example: Look at a snowflake.
  2. chaos - You can get very, very complicated systems if you use nonlinearities in the progression. That is why weather forecasting doesn't work.

Complexity does not imply design. Recursion or nonlinearity work quite well. And the world is recursive and very non-linear.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-meritt...ty.html#complex

Ok, Ok... I guess it is not exactly "grade school level" answers, but what does that tell you? It tells me that "understanding" evolution requires more thought, then debunking it does. Since most creationists in my experience are rather "dim bulbs", it's exceedingly hard to explain it to them in a language that they can wrap their head around.

Creationism is dumb science, for dumb people. And encountering a "creationist" is truly an experience in encountering a pretty dim witted person...

Every one of them that I've talked to personally always say the same thing. "I ain't no monkey." I think it really is that simple.

Ha. That's what my mom says (or the minor variation "I didn't come from no monkey."). I just ask her that even if she did how does that change who she is right now, at that moment. She concedes it doesn't and so I just add "So you just don't like the idea that you come from a monkey (even though that's not really what happened)" and that's the case.

It's a pride thing. Being "made" special is always nice. The funny/ironic thing is...she has no problem informing me that I was an "accident." So I wasn't made special (and I hear my dad wasn't all that evolved). :(:HaHa:

mwc

It's a pride thing. Being "made" special is always nice.

I agree MWC. It is a pride thing. Although I got to tell you. I feel pretty proud about having survived for 3.5 billion years. I think all of us deserve to feel proud about that.

We humans are merely a sparkling silver of time in the ancient and grand flow of evolution. Indeed we can be extremely proud that we ever existed at all. Why waste what little time we have left debating creationism while we can rest and have a can of beer?

Cheers for the universe, evolution and life!

We humans are merely a sparkling silver of time in the ancient and grand flow of evolution. Indeed we can be extremely proud that we ever existed at all. Why waste what little time we have left debating creationism while we can rest and have a can of beer?

Cheers for the universe, evolution and life!

Because then the lawn never gets mowed, and if you have a woman around, she'll make you do it during a game and yell at you while you have a hangover.

• 2 weeks later...

So Christians are saying that life is worthless, as we are created from manuer and mud.... Yet they claim that our evolved bodies made up of cells that cooperated and synergized over the millions of years to for complex organs, is devalued?

Why won't they just stop already?

To understand why evolutionary theory (well, and the rest of good science) is true you need to have something they not only don't have, but are proud of not having. Something called "education".

They are brainwashed into seeing rejection of science and reason as a good thing, as a badge of honor. Damn hard to penetrate that armor of proud ignorance. And if you finally succeed in making one of them understand... three new victims have been brainwashed already into using The Damning Claims Against Ebilushen ™, new people using the same old crap.

We're fighting the hydra.

Why won't they just stop already?

To understand why evolutionary theory (well, and the rest of good science) is true you need to have something they not only don't have, but are proud of not having. Something called "education".

They are brainwashed into seeing rejection of science and reason as a good thing, as a badge of honor. Damn hard to penetrate that armor of proud ignorance. And if you finally succeed in making one of them understand... three new victims have been brainwashed already into using The Damning Claims Against Ebilushen , new people using the same old crap.

We're fighting the hydra.

>>> Actually Thurisaz.... the Christians although ignorant robotic Golums made of Night soil ("S" -word), have educations. Living in Calgary, it would seem that they are all some sort of Petroleum Engineer, or Geologist, or MBA...... it's a pity that they don't use their educated Graduate minds to do something useful, and would rather ignore using the scientific method that they learned in University.

I'm just glad that as South America's economy improves (now that they flushed the shit in the toilet, ie dictators and what not), there is less chance for the Catholic church to hold on to South America.... Infact. Mormonism the church I believe in, are having a hell of a time in Brazil, and other places. The educated are teaching class after class of university students, they are able to earn more. So this is what the Renessance was like...... Awesome. On that same note though, Evangelising seems to be growing down there also..... We might lose. Humanism and education must prevail down there.

>>> Actually Thurisaz.... the Christians although ignorant robotic Golums made of Night soil ("S" -word), have educations. Living in Calgary, it would seem that they are all some sort of Petroleum Engineer, or Geologist, or MBA...... it's a pity that they don't use their educated Graduate minds to do something useful, and would rather ignore using the scientific method that they learned in University.

I'd like to meet some of these "educated cretinists", even if just online. All I've found so far gladly claim to be educated, have degrees in blah yadda, et cetera, ad nauseam... and then turn around and immediately prove all their bold claims to be worthless. :lmao:

What I commonly see is about as logical as (to take an example I found quite some time ago) the self-proclaimed educated person examining the statements of the "pro-homosexual crowd" and, after much worthless diatribe, simply claiming "Then I realized the truth - they want to make everyone homosexual."

Yeah right. What brilliant "logic". :banghead:

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity".

--Albert Einstein

Let's face it folks, ignorance about life, the universe and everything shall always be eternal as long we are living on this pixel-sized rolling rock.

I'd like to meet some of these "educated cretinists", even if just online. All I've found so far gladly claim to be educated, have degrees in blah yadda, et cetera, ad nauseam... and then turn around and immediately prove all their bold claims to be worthless. :lmao:

What I commonly see is about as logical as (to take an example I found quite some time ago) the self-proclaimed educated person examining the statements of the "pro-homosexual crowd" and, after much worthless diatribe, simply claiming "Then I realized the truth - they want to make everyone homosexual."

Yeah right. What brilliant "logic". :banghead:

That's why I said it's a pity that they lost their educated ability to think, and come up with stupid arguments, feeble apologetics that have nothing to do with reality. I recently posted a question in the collseum questioning the logic of an all powerful Father, allowing his Children to suffer. They come up with really stupid answers, something about winning the olympics or something.... Like what a stupid answer.

But the reality is there, especially in Calgary, or the South, or other places of Right winged, professional jobs. Like hell Texas and Florida launches spaceships. Like we should give these Christians credit and not just regard them as backwards, bucktoothed, tank top wearing mutants, with moustachs, the women... Infact, St Francis Xavier University (A Catholic University), is one of Canada's best schools.

But Like I said, it's too bad that they waste such talents saying stupid things, as you point out. They're educated.... but not logical. If they were logical they would see how their faith, is hurting the planet. And that wishing for their Heavenly Father, to change this polluted planet of toxic radioactive Barrels in a swamp, won't happen. And that having 35 children, is really really a bad idea. Like come on that's 35 Diapers they have to change! 35 times more stench of crap, can't they do the math? 35 times more inheritances they have to give out. and 35 sets of clothes they have to get and 35 mouths to feed.

Or hell if they were logical, they would see that Christianity and Zionism have nothing to do with each other! yet they combind two HOSTILE faiths, to form a very imcompatable disfunctional belief....

So conclusion. Christians are educated, but they're not logical.