Goodbye Jesus

Funny Youtube-er Private Message

Odin

He said:

When you die soon,you will then have respect for God,and his word,and you will never come out of hell,and the lake of fire where the worms will crawl through your bones for all eternity.

I replied:

Stop using mistranslations of the Holy Bible as fear tactics. Thou shalt not bare false witness, remember?

Hell and the Lake of Fire are mistranslations of the word Gehenna (Hebrew: גהינו×). Gehenna is a garbage dump outside of Jerusalem, where executed criminals are cast there to burn with the organic and non-organic garbage. And we know worms like to eat garbage and human bodies.

Check this video for more info:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pO9N3T5fZoQ

(Finally. An educated Christian institution...)

If you know Hebrew and Aramaic and you were there, listening to what Jesus was saying, you'd realize exactly what he was talking about.

The other type of Hell is Sheol (Hebrew: ש×ול), which means the grave, the abode of the Dead. Not a place of torture. Similar words: Hades (Greek: á¾Î´Î·Ï‚) which means the same thing, the abode of the dead. Also another one is Tartarus (Greek: ΤάÏταÏος) which is the deepest pit of the underworld, where demons are cast to be contained. It's so they won't reek havoc on the upper world.

I was a well read, well educated theist before I became an atheist, you know.

Use the Oxford Bible Translation. Its translators actually did their jobs right.

Your second mistake in your fear tactic is... I'm an atheist and I just don't believe in all that.

And a question, if there is a God, how do you know He's the Christian God?

He could be Allah. He could be Odin, Zeus, Veles, Ra, etc.

The Creator of the Universe might be none of the gods in the known religions.

no reply yet.

But, man. I needed to slam another Christian fundie with my superior bible knowledge. It gives me so much laughs of ownage.

Nicely pwned!!!1111

One (minor) crit.... the word is 'wreak' not 'reek'... the latter is a stench, not the verb meaning 'to inflict' :D

Lol. My mistake.

I'm not really a native English speaker and I'm like 15. lol

Lol. My mistake.

I'm not really a native English speaker and I'm like 15. lol

Well, for that young, and not having a grasp on the language, I would say you did a superior job of slammin da fundie! Don't worry, I wreck the language all da time, and it bes mine native speakage...

DOH

We all butcher da language from time to time, seems like you understand it well enough!

Congrats, good job on the come back.

As I said, a minor criticism, no more... it's best not to give them ANY chink in the armour...

As I said, a minor criticism, no more... it's best not to give them ANY chink in the armour...

That is so true! I've been slammed on simply my grammer, instead of my "arguement" many times.

grammar

I love people who love language therefore I love Gramps. He's a language Nazi if ever there was one.

Damned colonial!

It took years of counseling and therapy before I could overcome the correct usage of grammar and correct spelling. Dammit, if I can do it, anyone can.

When it comes to arguing with christofascists church nazis, it's not what you say but how you say it. Guile in any language is admirable.

Odin, thanks for the link to the video! Very good overview of the Hell concept. :thanks:

grammar

LOL see what I mean?