Goodbye Jesus

Xtianity Is Like A New Trend Now

Guest YoungandBroken

Guest YoungandBroken

What angers me the most about Xtianity is the phoniness of it all. It seems to be a trend, the new thing. When people get awards for movies they say "Thank god" trying to make them seem pure or trying to to make themselves feel like a better person. People i know always say "without god none of this would be possible". People get tatooes of Jesus, gold chains of him. This is common amongst alot of people i know since i used to live in a ghetto community and for some reason having jesus tatooed all over you makes you more of a thug. But it just seems like something people just do, there not even true to it. Alot of rappers and music artists talk about god a whole lot, im not sure if anyone is familiar with 50 cent but he wheres a cross chain and strongly believes in god. He believes hurricane katrina was an act of god. A few of my friends in school have Jesus chains and seem to get mad when people say bad things about Jesus, yet they are not christians and they do anything an athiest would do. It's like most of the world just made this seem like a good trend but it really isn't. What upsets me is alot of people i know talk about religon but they don't follow it, they don't know what it means. What scares me is if i was to tell people who i really was i don't think many people would like me.

What angers me the most about Xtianity is the phoniness of it all. It seems to be a trend, the new thing. When people get awards for movies they say "Thank god" trying to make them seem pure or trying to to make themselves feel like a better person. People i know always say "without god none of this would be possible". People get tatooes of Jesus, gold chains of him. This is common amongst alot of people i know since i used to live in a ghetto community and for some reason having jesus tatooed all over you makes you more of a thug. But it just seems like something people just do, there not even true to it. Alot of rappers and music artists talk about god a whole lot, im not sure if anyone is familiar with 50 cent but he wheres a cross chain and strongly believes in god. He believes hurricane katrina was an act of god. A few of my friends in school have Jesus chains and seem to get mad when people say bad things about Jesus, yet they are not christians and they do anything an athiest would do. It's like most of the world just made this seem like a good trend but it really isn't. What upsets me is alot of people i know talk about religon but they don't follow it, they don't know what it means. What scares me is if i was to tell people who i really was i don't think many people would like me.

I'm just waiting for the day when we can elect an atheist president.

A long long way off, but I'd vote.