Goodbye Jesus

The Original "lord's Prayer"

Guest Freepagan

Guest Freepagan

Here's some interesting info:

The Original "Lord's Prayer"

O cosmic birther of all radiance and vibration!

Soften the ground of our being and carved out a space within us where

your presence can abide.

Let each of our actions bear fruit in accordance with our desire.

Endow us with the wisdom to produce and share what each being

Needs to grow and flourish.

Unite the tangle threads of destiny that bind us, as we release others

From the entanglements of past mistakes.

Do not let us be seduced by that which would divert us from our true purpose,

But illuminate the opportunities of the present moment.

For you are the ground and the fruitful vision, the birth power and the fulfillment,

An all is gathered and made whole once again.

This is a translation of our father directly from the Aramaic in to English(rather than from Aramaic to Greek to Latin to English..

Aramaic Language, Semitic language closely related to Hebrew. Originally the language of the Aramaeans, an ancient Middle Eastern people, it was used, in many dialectical forms, in Mesopotamia and Syria before 1000 BC and later became the lingua franca of the Middle East (see Assyro-Babylonian Language), supplanting the Akkadian language.

Aramaic survived the fall of Nineveh (612 BC) and Babylon (539 BC) and remained the official language of the Achaemenian Persian dynasty (559-330 BC) until it was displaced by Greek following the conquests of Alexander the Great. Ancient inscriptions in Aramaic have been found over a vast area extending from Egypt to China; the oldest written texts date from the 9th century BC.

Before the Christian era, Aramaic had become the language of the Jews in Palestine. Jesus preached in Aramaic, and parts of the Old Testament, notably the books of Daniel and Ezra, and much of the rabbinical literature were written in that language.

Dialects of Aramaic comprise Ancient Aramaic, Imperial Aramaic, Western Aramaic (including Palestinian and Galilean), and East Aramaic (including Syriac). Syriac, or Christian Aramaic, also developed an extensive literature, especially from the 3rd to 7th centuries.

The influence and diffusion of Aramaic began to decline in favour of Arabic at the time of the Arab conquest in the 7th century AD. Aramaic survives today in Eastern and Western dialects, mostly as the language of Christians living in a few scattered communities in Syria, Lebanon, Turkey, Iraq, and Iran while Syriac has about 1 million speakers in the Middle East and United States.

There is also a word for word version of that as a prayer to Amun in the Pyramid texts...

Is that one of the Douglas-Klotz versions?

Gee...

The version I'm familiar with is rather poetic and rythmic.

Not knowing much about translations of these documents I can't explain the difference but it certainly makes me wonder how it managed to get that way.

Mongo

If you cast back the KJV to Aramaic (as in you take the Greek, and compare it forward to the KJV and then take the commonest origin words in Aramaic that gave the the Greek that gives the KJV... not the clearest explanation... I'll try again it you don't follow) and you take it to 12 line version as above, you have something like 8.91610045 × 1012 possible readings of the Lord's Prayer... then there are the possible meanings of the pyramid text version...

Basically, Aramaic was an indefinite language, when applied in a religious connotation, thus each person in a crowd would take the menaing that resonated with them at that time...

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh! This might be fun, as if I had my way I would play with languages all day!

Here's one of the first rules of Introduction to Linguistics: don't translate word-for-word, ya lose the meaning. It's all the problems with grammar, word-order, and that words have underlying meanings aside from immediate definitions. I.e. the usage of slang and how words can take on different connotations over time. Also, since Aramaic is a language family - not a language with dialects. It's like how there are Romance languages, and Celtic languages, but there is no one who speaks "Celtic" as a language; it's many related languages on twig of a branch of a tree, basically.

language-tree.gif

For instance: this language web shows JUST the development of languages from Proto-Indo-European, whereas Aramaic falls under Afro-Asiatic.

This one below, shows Afro-Asiatic:

Afroasiatic.png

This is an EXAMPLE (emphasized because I don't see it as being complete) of all the language families:

Languengl.gif

For more info, I'd suggest checking out what Wikipedia has to say. :)

I believe the correct translation can only come from extensive research into its original Klingon language:

tlhob rur vam: ‘ maj vav Daq chal, may lIj pong taH polta' le'. 10 chaw' lIj Kingdom ghoS. chaw' lIj DichDaq taH ta'pu', as Daq chal, vaj Daq tera'. 11 nob maH DaHjaj maj daily tIr Soj. 12 Forgive maH maj debts, as maH je forgive maj debtors. 13 qem maH ghobe' Daq temptation, 'ach toD maH vo' the mIghtaHghach wa'. vaD yours ghaH the Kingdom, the HoS, je the batlh reH. Amen. (Note: NU omits “ vaD yours ghaH the Kingdom, the HoS, je the batlh reH. Amen.”) Matthew 6:9-13

Only by embracing the purity of its native language can one truly appreciate the overall truth of the babble.

I believe the correct translation can only come from extensive research into its original Klingon language:

tlhob rur vam: ‘ maj vav Daq chal, may lIj pong taH polta' le'. 10 chaw' lIj Kingdom ghoS. chaw' lIj DichDaq taH ta'pu', as Daq chal, vaj Daq tera'. 11 nob maH DaHjaj maj daily tIr Soj. 12 Forgive maH maj debts, as maH je forgive maj debtors. 13 qem maH ghobe' Daq temptation, 'ach toD maH vo' the mIghtaHghach wa'. vaD yours ghaH the Kingdom, the HoS, je the batlh reH. Amen. (Note: NU omits “ vaD yours ghaH the Kingdom, the HoS, je the batlh reH. Amen.â€) Matthew 6:9-13

Only by embracing the purity of its native language can one truly appreciate the overall truth of the babble.

Well, maybe culturally to YOU it's pure... but everyone knows that Quenya is the original language of the Divine. ;)

Attolma i menelessie, nai airitainiéva esselya.

Nai ardalya tuluva.

Nai írelya tyarniéva mardesse ve menelesse.

Anta men síre ilyaurea mastalma.

Ar avanta men raikalmar ve avantalme raikatyarolmain.

Ar nai útukuvalye me mailenna

ná fainu me ulkallo. Amen.

Ok, Bullshit - are you serious??

Is that REALLY the actual translation of the lord's prayer in scripture?

It sounds very different from the written lord's prayer that most people are familiar with... why so different? and also , why no mention of a male god, etc...

or were you joking... I may just have no sense of humor and not have gotten the joke?