Goodbye Jesus

Oh, how I wished I were Vulcan

Caretaker

Then I would be able to mind meld these fundies into logical beings.

Would that actually work, though? I mean, I don't recall Kirk ever really turning logical, and when McCoy had Spock's entire consciousness melded into him, he was closer to stark raving nutters than "logical."

That said, I totally sympathize with the sentiment.

Eh, Vulcan society probably had a vow against that. Just look what Sybok did. IIRC, that was a big no-no.

Wouldn't that be like Spock trying to make Klingons into logical creatures?

Matthew

Hold up there, Matt. That's an insult to Klingons.

:P

and Kirk was never a fundy, Spock loved him just the way he was.

but also as a Vulcan....you will only have sex every 7 years....or something like that

No no...they can have sex whenever they want. They only go through the whole "heat" thing every seven years.

That's HOTT.  :HaHa:   :Love:

I always knew that those ears had a purpose. :Hmm:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you'd first need to find any mind in there to meld.

Heh...unfortunately, that won't work because they're too gullible. They'd convert to another religious cult soon enough.

Besides, I think the Vulcans would have laws against taking away another person's free will, as tempting as it may be.

what? It was a brotherly love!!!
Er, you'd be *amazed* at the amount of Spock/Kirk slash fics on the Internet. Or maybe you wouldn't be. Not that I've actually *read* them all...most of the fans who write that stuff create horrible self-inserts and type as well as a fundy on a messge forum.

I always knew that those ears had a purpose.  :Hmm:

You know, I read this on Friday night and I just *now* got it.

You're *bad* Fwee! :lmao:

• 5 months later...
Besides, I think the Vulcans would have laws against taking away another person's free will, as tempting as it may be.

The logical flaw in your statement is that you are assuming that they had free will to begin with. :mellow:

The logical flaw in your statement is that you are assuming that they had free will to begin with.

How is that illogical? I don't mean it in a religious sense, of course, but the ability to make your own decisions is something every human has.

How is that illogical? I don't mean it in a religious sense, of course, but the ability to make your own decisions is something every human has.

Not if you're a totalitarian. Or have dementia. Or are severely mentally retarded. Or...

Not if you're a totalitarian. Or have dementia. Or are severely mentally retarded. Or...

You still have free will, but within the confines of the mental illness. Nobody is forcing you to do anything. You aren't somebody's puppet on a string.