Goodbye Jesus

I Just Don't Get It.

Guest Aosoth

Guest Aosoth

I left Christianity because I have questions it couldn't answer with anything but jargon. Such as, "Why would a loving God send (non-Cs, gays, etc.) to hell?" It just didn't make sense. Plus, the literal interpretation of the Bible was one I never quite understood. I also never understood why it was acceptable to hate people. Didn't help that the Bible contradicts itself all the time. Other than that, I just never felt anything. I wondered why "God" had put me in some nightmarish situations I couldn't get out of. I never felt the so called love of Jesus. I turned to Paganism, because there's no answer for everything, no blanket statements, nothing like that.

Guest Aosoth

I left Christianity because I have questions it couldn't answer with anything but jargon. Such as, "Why would a loving God send (non-Cs, gays, etc.) to hell?" It just didn't make sense. Plus, the literal interpretation of the Bible was one I never quite understood. I also never understood why it was acceptable to hate people. Didn't help that the Bible contradicts itself all the time. Other than that, I just never felt anything. I wondered why "God" had put me in some nightmarish situations I couldn't get out of. I never felt the so called love of Jesus. I turned to Paganism, because there's no answer for everything, no blanket statements, nothing like that.

Guest Net Eng

Welcome to ExC Aosoth!

I agree much of what xians spout does not make sense. I hope you'll find some kind of peace here.

Guest eejay

Hi and welcome. It is easy to see how messed up x-tianity is when you really open your eyes. It's good you were able to do that. I spent quite a few years as a pagan after I left x-tianity. It really is refreshing in comparison. No hellfire, only one rule. Enjoy the site.

Hello Aosoth and welcome!

Christianity preaches about offering peace and love, but the words of the Bible and the actions of Christians themselves so often contradict that nonsensical notion.

Plus, any religion that threatens an eternal hell certainly can't be headed by a loving, forgiving god!

I don't believe in a god personally, but if there is a god, it seems to make more sense that she, he or it would be as the deists have described. An entity that was involved in creation in some form or fashion, and then left the universe and humanity to its own devices.

As for paganism, it is a much more benign "live and let live" for of supernatualism, in my opinion. Not that I have any direct experience with it. My views are based on observation and anecdotal evidence.

Anyway, glad to have you as a member of this forum.

All the best,

Alpha Centauri