Goodbye Jesus

Bizarre Dreams

PandaPirate

Early this morning I was having some wild dreams. In one of my dreams I was in love with a vampire. One night, my vampire hubby came home after a kill and I kissed him and said, "I'm so glad you can't kill me."

WTF??????? At any rate, the vampire in my dream was Peter Steele, the lead singer for Type O Negative.

Upon awakening, I kept thinking, "I wonder what happened to that band? Are they still around?"

Enter GOOGLE. As I was reading a Wikipedia article, I came across this and just thought it was ironic.

In April 2007, Steele revealed that he began identifying as Roman Catholic in recent years, after decades of self-professed atheism. In an interview with Decibel magazine, Steele explains “There are no atheists in foxholes, they say, and I was a foxhole atheist for a long time. But after going through a midlife crisis and having many things change very quickly, it made me realize my mortality. And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what’s after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it’s a frightening thought to go nowhere. I also can’t believe that people like Stalin and Hitler are gonna go to the same place as Mother Teresa.â€[7]

The term xtians use:

"There are no atheists in foxholes."

This saying is one of my pet peeves. I actually believe the opposite. There are ONLY atheists in foxholes. Why else are they in the hole to start with? Not running, all full of the holy spook, charging headlong into battle? Nope, scared, praying, trembling... Someone who believes they are not only protected, but destined for a better place should not have this level of fear.

The term xtians use:

"There are no atheists in foxholes."

This saying is one of my pet peeves. I actually believe the opposite. There are ONLY atheists in foxholes. Why else are they in the hole to start with? Not running, all full of the holy spook, charging headlong into battle? Nope, scared, praying, trembling... Someone who believes they are not only protected, but destined for a better place should not have this level of fear.

Ahhh....good point. And this post goes along with my earlier post about God being a drug. Seems like everyone who is addicted to drugs or alcohol needs to find God when they get clean. Why is that?

Ahhh....good point. And this post goes along with my earlier post about God being a drug. Seems like everyone who is addicted to drugs or alcohol needs to find God when they get clean. Why is that?

Well, even AA tells them to embrace "powerlessness". They want you to surrender to a "higher power of your understanding". Seems people are always looking for that mysterious "auto-pilot" switch. Thinking is an effort, more so then physical effort on many levels. It is attractive to some to be spoon fed answers, rather then struggle with either not knowing, or coming up with their own theories.

That said, it's also hard to find inner strength on your own. But that's where it comes from. It's a psychological game people play on themselves, I think.

WTF? You cannot "identify" as Catholic. You are or you aren't, and there's rules for that shit.

WTF? You cannot "identify" as Catholic. You are or you aren't, and there's rules for that shit.

I "identify" as a human being when in reality I'm convinced I'm from Gargonzola the Supreme Cheese Planet. I'm a Goddes there.

Seriously though. This guy has been seriously depressed for decades and all the stupid drugs he's taking doesn't help. I'm in recovery and if I've relapsed and gotten depressed over it I had no one to blame but myself. I think the poor guy is confused and looking for something to help him. Bless his heart.

... [this] post goes along with my earlier post about God being a drug. Seems like everyone who is addicted to drugs or alcohol needs to find God when they get clean. Why is that?

I can agree, it's kind of like an addiction thing (if you can't have one, why not have another? ) -- Though recently I've found SOS. It's kind of like AA and NA but without the "Surrendering to a Higher Power" thing...

Although I identify as a byproduct of sperm and egg. I find that's the best answer for my being.

EDIT: if anyone needs the actual website for the program, it's http://www.sossobriety.org if I'm correct...