Goodbye Jesus

We All Know Venomfangx

Internet Jesus

The one very best thing about ExChristians is that their arguements are so well informed on both sides.

That being said, VenomFangX an infamous apologist youtuber just posted a new video in response to '10 questions every Christian must answer'

He says that all atheist arguements are straw men. I thought I'd hop in my lollercopter and post A LINK TO HIS VIDEO HERE.

Detailed retorts shredding his knowledgeable fact-based truth-heavy arguements plz, and much appreciated.

[edit:: for the record, he does not allow comments on his videos that refute his side of the debate, no matter how enlightening]

Guest ChrisMR

I think I can address the "Why Won't God Heal Amputees?" and the "Christian Divorce Rate" one.

He fails to address the heart of the question and instead reaches for oversimplifications like "We're all sinners, ergo God is right to ignore our problems" and "We're sinners, so of course Christians get divorced too." The main point of the amputee and divorce rate questions is that, if God is real, why does he not have an impact on our lives in the ways we might expect him to?

For example, why are there no documented cases of an amputated arm regrowing? Are amputees less worthy of being made whole than, say, cancer survivors? Also, if we can only be righteous through Christ as the bible teaches, than shouldn't the "friction" between married couples be reduced in a manner that kept people from getting divorced? The fact that it is not suggests that there is no god making believers more righteous.

The fact that Christians are failing at the same, or worse rates than non-believers in areas that Christians care about (incarceration, STD infection, divorce rates) is a black mark on any claim of God's impact on a person's life that cannot be waived away by saying "We're sinners too." If god has enabled Christians to be more righteous, It should be evident in their lives. Even the bible and every Christian I've ever met agree with this statement. The fact that, on the whole, it does not make an impact is clear evidence that god does not exist.

We really should be making a different argument, though. If the key distinction being made is belief and non-belief, then Christians' greater incarceration rates, divorce rates, etc. should be considered evidence that their belief is in fact the cause of the problem.

Well, VenomFangX sure would be an expert on straw men and other logical fallacies. He certainly committed several in each answer. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I was a hell of a lot smarter as a Christian than he is.

Most of fangs vids have comments and ratings disabled, he knows a large group of people out there would love to rip him to shreds, that's why he disables that stuff. Being aware large number of people thinks he is an asshat, yet he adds youtubes anyway, shows he is just a youtube troll.

And I normally just ignore trolls. Why get worked up about it when most of the time you can't even comment on it anyway... His vids and logic suck so bad I never watch them anymore.

I like the one where vfx says that the flood would have formed the grand canyon in about 5 minutes, and then goes on to say that people think he looks like an idiot. The retort spliced those to statements to make it look like he says "I look like an idiot, within 5 minutes". :lmao:

Well, VenomFangX sure would be an expert on straw men and other logical fallacies. He certainly committed several in each answer. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I was a hell of a lot smarter as a Christian than he is.

De-converting increases your IQ at a minimum of 10-15%.

And I've seen videos from Vfx before, and he's actually stupidererer than any Christian apologist I've ever heard... Some arguments are so dumb that even most regular Christians realize how unintelligent he is. I think his videos works in our favor.

De-converting increases your IQ at a minimum of 10-15%.

And I've seen videos from Vfx before, and he's actually stupidererer than any Christian apologist I've ever heard... Some arguments are so dumb that even most regular Christians realize how unintelligent he is. I think his videos works in our favor.

I didn't watch the video but when I was a xtian, being associated with and being expected to cow tow to stupidity and illogical dogma embarassed me and is one of the important reasons I left the faith.

Mongo

OMG that guy is retarted. It brings the saying blind leading the blind to a whole new level.

I stopped at the amputees question. His answer, god never said he would heal them. :lmao: This answer doesn't even deserve a refute it's so dumb.

The problem here is that some people equate someone who is semi articulate with intelligence.

Let's see...

I have a mom and I have a dad.

You don't have a mom or dad if I can grab a cracker box.

You don't have a mom or a dad.

That was a horrible example of a straw man.

I find this guy offensive in all ways. His mannerisms, his speach patterns, his robochristian nonesense, and also even his dress sense, and no I don't usually stoop that low to judge anyone. I don't know what his problem is, but he's been raised in a very strict environment I guess, but instead of seening how it really is he would rather imagine all the bigotted rubbish he comes out with is sane and true.

I find this guy offensive in all ways. His mannerisms, his speach patterns, his robochristian nonesense, and also even his dress sense, and no I don't usually stoop that low to judge anyone. I don't know what his problem is, but he's been raised in a very strict environment I guess, but instead of seening how it really is he would rather imagine all the bigotted rubbish he comes out with is sane and true.

It is true. I know a blind transsexual Satanist who hates all women, fags, and people with disabilities.

I don't know him as well as I could but I know that for anyone's logic to come to rest in his position there must have been massive turbulence in the past.

This has been my biggest struggle as an ex-christian to guide myself away from extreme positions.

"Extreme positions are not succeeded by moderate ones, but by contrary extreme positions. "

~Friedrich Nietzsche