Goodbye Jesus

What Is Your Bible Worth?

hereticzero

What is your Bible worth? Check out this site before you throw it out!

www.greatsite.com

Well, since I collect antique books, I was going to start this post by saying "You bastard!!!" for tempting me with with this crap. But fortunately, most of their wares are still beyond my price so It's kind of a moot point. :P

At any rate, it's still a neat site. Thanks for it.

I especially like their "Greek Papyrus Fragments from 148 AD"

These papyrus fragments are 148 to 149 AD. While these are not writings of a Biblical nature (they are from a private lease agreement for land in Israel), they are nevertheless, the same type of manuscript material that the New Testament was origianlly penned upon... and within a single century of when the New Testament was originally written.

Oops! They seem to imply that the the NT was written a century BEFORE these fragments, not AFTER. Silly Xtians!

ETA: Was there even such a thing as "Israel" in 148 C.E.?

My bible isn't worth very much. Makes an effective doorstop, though.

Guest eejay

I don't have any bibles of my own right now, but there is a possibility there may be one in my storage unit which I haven't been able to get to in years. However thanks to skiergirl i have found great opportunity in placing warning labels on those I encounter in hotel rooms. Having a great time with it! I guess they're worth some entertainment value in a sense.