Goodbye Jesus

Intelligence And Wisdom

Ahh!

I just saw a Christian say online that, "we don't need intelligent leaders, we need wise leaders." He then went onto imply that a religious leader was better than a smart one.

I've heard stuff like this enough to decide to dedicate a post to it.

I'd like to take a minute to point out that stupid people are NEVER wise. I can't think of one example of a wise idiot. It's self-contradicting!

And yes, you can be very intelligent and lack wisdom BUT THE BIBLE WON'T FIX THAT!

This is all assuming there is any separation of the two. The only real definition of wisdom that I can think of is something along the lines of "common sense" and that increases with intelligence, education and life experiences.

1 Corinthians 1:21For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

This scripture just about sums it up - god was so wise, that he made fools his representatives on earth!

Xians love it! They love that any fool with a nice suit can be better than a man with a brain. It is honestly the most anti-intellectual religion ever! (that may be hyperbole).

The rest of that chapter of Corinthians just goes on and on about how everyone is a fool unless he believes god, and wise people are going to perish. So no, I don't think xians really want wisdom, either.

This scripture just about sums it up - god was so wise, that he made fools his representatives on earth!

Hey, idiots need something to do too!

Hey, idiots need something to do too!

I need my house cleaned, if you are volunteering ! :P

Having knowledge does not imply that one also has understanding, and being intelligent does not imply that one is also wise in my opinion.

1 Corinthians 1:21For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

Everytime I hear this it reminds about the history. Christianity became what it is as a means to enslave, ensheep and/or pacify the masses. And what better way than to create a flock of sheep, than to make them as dumb & unambitious as possible?

I think wisdom is the ability to apply knowledge to life intelligently. In other words, if you know when and how to apply the knowledge you have to your life situation for the best possible effect, in my opinion you are acting wisely. God, bible, and religion, however, have little or nothing to do with it; they have been known to hinder the process.