Goodbye Jesus

The Pope wears funny hats

webmdave

• Admin

Whenever a cult leader sets himself up as God's infallible wingman, here on Earth, lock away the kids. Which is why I'd like to tip off law enforcement to an even larger child-abusing religious cult. Its leader also has a compound, and this guy not only operates outside the bounds of the law, but he used to be a Nazi and he wears funny hats. That's right, the Pope is coming to America this week and ladies, he's single!

Now I know what you're thinking: "Bill, you shouldn't be saying that the Catholic Church is no better than this creepy Texas cult." For one, altar boys can't even get pregnant. But really, what tripped up the little cult on the prairie was that they only abused hundreds of kids, not thousands, all over the world. Cults get raided, religions get parades. How does the Catholic Church get away with all of their buggery? Volume, volume, volume!

If you have a few hundred followers, and you let some of them molest children, they call you a cult leader. If have a billion, they call you "Pope." It's like, if you can't pay your mortgage, you're a deadbeat. But if you can't pay a million mortgages, you're BearStearn and we bail you out. And that is who the Catholic Church is: the BearStearns of organized pedophilia. Too big, too fat. When the current pope was in his previous Vatican job as John Paul's Dick Cheney, he wrote a letter instructing every Catholic bishop to keep the sex abuse of minors secret until the Statute of Limitations ran out. And that's the Church's attitude: "We're here, we're queer, get used to it..."

Mahr got some flak from the Catholic League for that bit of humor, so he apologized -- sort of.

tag: atheism, theocracy, Catholicism, Pope, Bill Mahr, pedophilia, agnosticism, rationalist, reason,

http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2008/04...funny-hats.html

Whenever a cult leader sets himself up as God's infallible wingman, here on Earth, lock away the kids. Which is why I'd like to tip off law enforcement to an even larger child-abusing religious cult. Its leader also has a compound, and this guy not only operates outside the bounds of the law, but he used to be a Nazi and he wears funny hats. That's right, the Pope is coming to America this week and ladies, he's single!

Now I know what you're thinking: "Bill, you shouldn't be saying that the Catholic Church is no better than this creepy Texas cult." For one, altar boys can't even get pregnant. But really, what tripped up the little cult on the prairie was that they only abused hundreds of kids, not thousands, all over the world. Cults get raided, religions get parades. How does the Catholic Church get away with all of their buggery? Volume, volume, volume!

If you have a few hundred followers, and you let some of them molest children, they call you a cult leader. If have a billion, they call you "Pope." It's like, if you can't pay your mortgage, you're a deadbeat. But if you can't pay a million mortgages, you're BearStearn and we bail you out. And that is who the Catholic Church is: the BearStearns of organized pedophilia. Too big, too fat. When the current pope was in his previous Vatican job as John Paul's Dick Cheney, he wrote a letter instructing every Catholic bishop to keep the sex abuse of minors secret until the Statute of Limitations ran out. And that's the Church's attitude: "We're here, we're queer, get used to it..."

Mahr got some flak from the Catholic League for that bit of humor, so he apologized -- sort of.

http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2008/04...funny-hats.html

Personally, I can't stand Bill Maher (sp). I'd rather listen to a cat get sodomized with a white hot soldering iron than listen to him whine. However, I have to say that IF these kids in Texas are being abused, then I have to agree with him on this topic. At least to a certain degree. And while I can't stand Bill Maher, I freaking loathe the pope. This fucktard waltzes around our country and the mind-numbed masses treat him like a rock star. He has the fucking balls to give lip service to catholics by pretending to be concerned about child molestation, while he hides those who have raped children behind the safety of the Vatican doors. The next time you eat a host, I hope you choke on it, you piece of trash!!!

*ahem* Sorry for that little outburst.

Anyway, the pope wears the mitre, which is directly influenced by an ancient sect of priests of an ancient deity named Dagon who was supposed to be a fish/agriculture god. These priests were robes resembling fish scales and a hat resembling the head/mouth of a fish.

http://www.jordanmaxwell.com/articles/reli.../religion2.html

I think I might be going a bit overboard, but I couldn't help myself.

So the man was voicing his opinion - last I checked, that was still legal. He poses a valid, yet crude point. I think that it takes a bit of talent to make light of such matters in a witty and jokingly amusing manner. If people don't want to hear what a man has to say, just plug your ears - people know his show is contraversial. If someone says something that hurts my feelings, I do my best to just go along with the flow of the joke, and in this I learn to be humble - isn't that what the Catholic church teaches? Humility? They know they did something wrong, so they should have to deal with the conserquences even if it means getting made fun of by a COMEDIAN none the less - I mean people don't base their world views on a silly man's comedy routine do they?

Talk about funny hats, somebody buy that guy a real Stetson!

pope_hat_769068.jpg

Sometimes... Not necessarily often, mind, but every now and then I love Bill Maher.