Goodbye Jesus

Carl Sagan

mentalhh

Found this video on youtube:

I can#'t believe that I never got to hear about this guy before- and hes been dead for over 10 years. I bet alot of people have read his book here, heres a video with him reading from his Book in the narration.

Breathtaking. He's a fantastic writer. Are there any particular works any fans could recommend?

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Guest shadyk8
Found this video on youtube:

I can#'t believe that I never got to hear about this guy before- and hes been dead for over 10 years. I bet alot of people have read his book here, heres a video with him reading from his Book in the narration.

Breathtaking. He's a fantastic writer. Are there any particular works any fans could recommend?

I am currently reading "The Demon Haunted World". I downloaded it free. I can get the site if you want. Great read

Carl Sagan is cool and he is one of the best dead speakers I've heard without channeling!

:lol:

I posted a thread on him recently... I've been a fan since 1979 when he did the Faraday Xmas lecture over here...

I strongly second the recommendation for "Demon Haunted World".

I used to be a bit of a fan of "woo-woo" crap. I just happened to read this book just before reading a book on alien abductions. The Sagan book showed how people have been misinterpreting common phenomena throughout history and the alien book showed him to be right.

It's a great way to learn how to see some of the silliness in the world, including religion.

I was in love with Carl Sagan when I saw his Cosmos series. Then I read " The Dragons of Eden" and just couldn't get enough. He was truly a great man.

"The Demon Haunted World" should be required reading for all HS students.

• 2 weeks later...

at my job training program. they had a poster of this quote. But it does make you think. Islam claims that they control 3/4 of the world, The Chinese with their immortal Empire, the Japanese their 4 corners under a Japanese roof, and Rome the Eternal Capital.... lol.... all just a tiny speck on a clover. (Horton Hears a Who). lol.