Goodbye Jesus

A New Angle On Pyramid Construction

nivek

A new angle on pyramid construction

Boston Globe

"It's a theory that gives indigestion to mainstream archeologists.

Namely, that some of the immense blocks of Egypt's Great Pyramids

might have been cast from synthetic material -- the world's first

concrete -- not just carved whole from quarries and lugged into place

by armies of toilers. Such an innovation would have saved millions of

man-hours of grunting and heaving in construction of the enigmatic

edifices on the Giza Plateau. 'It could be they used less sweat and

more smarts,' said Linn W. Hobbs, professor of materials science at

Massachusetts Institute of Technology. 'Maybe the ancient Egyptians

didn't just leave us mysterious monuments and mummies. Maybe they

invented concrete 2,000 years before the Romans started using it in

their structures.'"

[editor's note: And MAYBE, just maybe, the alleged

tyranny of the Egyptians over their Hebrew slaves has been ... umm,

severely exaggerated for effect -- just like so much of so-called

"sacred history" from which we are supposed to derive all our beliefs?

- SAT]

http://tinyurl.com/3sxnfr

For a great overview of the whole history of Pyramid building by the guy who excavated the working crew 'town'

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Pyramids-So...s/dp/0500050848

Doesn't cover the 'concrete' idea, but Egyptian Chemistry was certainly equal to the task (The Romans made better concrete than we do now...)

I've heard the "concrete" idea before. It's interesting but they were also up to the task of quarrying some big chunks of rock too (just not at the break-neck pace the great pyramids would require with the current time-lines). I don't think anyone's getting their hands on any samples to do any tests if Zawi has anything to say about it (and he's the only one who does).

mwc

I know almost nothing about geology... but surely this would be fairly easy to confirm or deny by splitting open a couple of blocks.

It's the internal blocks that are the issue, not the ones that the face blocks keyed to. It's know that Gravel and sand are used as gap infil in numberous places in the Great Pyramd, and there is a hard, amorphous, matrix in some areas, that looks a lot like poured concrete.

On the subject of Dr Hawaiss, he gets an unfairly bad rap... I'd refer the interested to 'Giza - The Truth' which covers objectively as possible the politics and players of the Giza Complex in the late 20th and early 21st C... Surprisingly, the authors, neither of whom is an 'orthodox' Archaology bod end up largely agreeing with the 'accepted' view...

And if you are the type of person who watches more movies than bothering to study real history, you probably figure Mammoths were involved.

Fucking history rape and CGI whore = 10,000 B.C.

And if you are the type of person who watches more movies than bothering to study real history, you probably figure Mammoths were involved.

Yeah what was up with that?

'Splain?

'Splain?

10,000 B.C.

It's a movie that came out a couple months ago. Shows Mammoths being used to haul blocks for pyramid construction. Aside from beinge horribly and embarassingly inaccurate regarding history, it's main thing is being a 'Spectacularly' visual film...so big emphasis on CGI.

I don't have a problem with CGI...so long as it is not the point of the whole movie. If the plot is crap...no amount of special effects are going to save it.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/10mosthist...inaccurate.html

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10000_bc/

Is that related to my post, or just a tangential rant?

Rant.

The Egyptians were incredibly intelligent, and pushed civilization forward in leaps and bounds.

Yet modern media still tows the OT party line of making Ancient Egyptians a pack of slave driving villians.

And no, I'm not a big fan of the Stargate movie either.

All the evidence shows that the Pyramid workers were, far from being slaves, free men who regarded it as an honour. Based on Lehrner's findings, the pyramid builders ate better than I do (lots of fresh fish, meat, beer, bread, and vegetables) and excellent medical care.

And no, I'm not a big fan of the Stargate movie either.

Ahhh...I like Stargate. It's good fun. :)

mwc

All the evidence shows that the Pyramid workers were, far from being slaves, free men who regarded it as an honour. Based on Lehrner's findings, the pyramid builders ate better than I do (lots of fresh fish, meat, beer, bread, and vegetables) and excellent medical care.

Exactly my point.

Popular entertainment ignores all of that in favor of casting Ancient Egypt as bad guys. And where does the idea of Egypt as villian come from? The OT.

It just pisses me off.

:eek: I did not know this. Is this the standard of care? I recall hearing stories of slaves buried with broken and malformed backs from all the excruciating labor they undertook. Seems a little weird to me, since the Egyptians supposedly had a great understanding of mechanics and could probably have done it with fewer men and more pulleys, but I got it from a source that I trusted (a teacher).

Egypt wasn't a great slave owning culture, compared to the Greeks or Romans. Chances are the deformed bodies were just that; deformed bodies. The rest is a 19th C Christian spin on contextless information...

Guest Marty

I loved Stargate for the simple idea that advanced aliens used their superior knowledge of science to convince primitave humans they were gods. I had just left the church around the time, but not yet adopted the big A label. The idea Stargate put forth kinda blew my mind for a week or two.

The fact the Aliens were nasty parasites who'd sold the idea they were beneficent Gods sort of put a face to the allegory I'd got to viewing the Christian god :)

I took 10,000 B.C. as just being a really cheesy love story. :shrug: