Goodbye Jesus

Anyone Know Anything Know Anything About Cervical Cancer?

Warrior_of_god

Anyone have to deal with this thing? If so how'd you deal with it? I have a close friend who is going in for a biopsy on something the docs think is cancerous. Needless to say im worried, and shes worried. Ive just never had to deal with anything like this before and any help/advice would be great.

I had an ex-girlfriend with cervical cancer and I picked up a few things about it on the way.

First off, don't worry too much or panic. From what I understand cervical cancer has to go undetected for a long period of time for it to be harmfull enough to do any damage or become life-threatning. In most cases, it is usually treated once or twice and goes into remission with a very slight chance of ever returning. My ex had very aggressive cancer due to it going undetected for years, and it came back several times, but eventually after enough treatments it went into remission.

All I know is that I worried myself sick about it and it ended up being okay.

Thats just my own experience and what I've been told about it by somebody that has had it, so this is definitly not factual, just one account of it.

I wish the best of luck to you and your friend :)

Thanks for the advice. Although telling me not to worry is like telling the wind to stand still. :shrug: I'm worried and I care about her. Shes worried too, although she seems fairly jovial all things considered. I'm just glad that if it does prove to be cancer that they caught it early.

Yeah, I apologize for that. I read it right after I posted it but I don't have the ability to edit it, yet. I wasn't implying that you shouldn't be worried, just that I know I was so freaked out I damn near had a nervous breakdown and it ended up being fine. For me the worrying just brought on more "what if" thoughts which in turn brought on more worrying :P

Sorry if that came out wrong :)

• Super Moderator

My mother was cured of that about 40 years ago. No problems at all.

Now medicine is that much better, so stay positive!

It is an 'easy' cancer to cure if caught early. As long as she has been getting yearly Paps, they should have no problem getting rid of it. I wish her the best.

Hopefully they will be able to kill this thing dead the first time around. This is really not the kinda news she needs, or that I need for that matter. It is early and the docs arent sure even if it is cancer yet, hence the need for a biopsy. Hopefully that wont be that bad, for her or me.