Goodbye Jesus

Erratta

Zach

In the episode we recorded tonight, I conflated and confused the history of the Midianites with the Amalekites and the Canaanites. I owe John Ferrer an apology on this basis, however I uphold my contention that, even given the blood feud underway between the Midianites and the Israelites in the book of Numbers, genocide and forced pedophillic sexual slavery are still utterly without moral justification. Although such things were common in the warfare of the time, the fact that Yahweh both sanctioned and commanded these actions neuters the notion that he is somehow "good."

Zach - if you have a chance, could you place this errata at the front or back of the podcast?

View the full article

You are going to hell, dude. We all know how much god is luv in all things: He loves to kill children by dashing their heads against the stones, he loves to kill his creation for eating a piece of fruit, he loves to exterminate everything, including the livestock of nonbelievers. Therefore, the babble shows god's goodness and just how much god luvs us. The babble truly demonstrates how god kills us for our own good.