Goodbye Jesus

I Have Something To Confess

Trev

and threw them out so they couldn't influence anyone. It was a few months ago and they were giving them away because I think even they knew their hope of selling them was nil.

Thanks all, I've been wanting to tell that to people who understand.

I've done that before with free shit at the library. I also take the bibles out of hotel rooms. I used one a few years ago for starting fires. I just got one last week end and I thought it'd be cool to carve it out and make one of those secret stash books, where you put something in the middle. Maybe I'll carve the pages in the shape of a sex toy and store one in there, just for the sake of irony.

You should carve it out, put the sex toy inside, then put it back in the hotel room for someone else to find!

:lmao:

I was going to throw my Bible out, but I was afraid someone might find it, so I shredded it instead. Provided much stress relief.

I see nothing wrong with taking free books and discarding them. Maybe eventually I'll grow out of this but for now I'm keeping my bibles because they give me excellent ammunition for fighting the Christians. There's just nothing quite like the satisfaction of defeating them with their own tools at their own game on their own turf. Since it's so hard to be sure whether or not I won this might grow old. But the books you destroyed and threw out will never destroy anyone's life. :3:

and threw them out so they couldn't influence anyone. It was a few months ago and they were giving them away because I think even they knew their hope of selling them was nil.

Thanks all, I've been wanting to tell that to people who understand.

My parent's bookcases, my garage, my basement, even the shed behind my house is full of boxes of SDA lit. It's so uncomfortably demeaning. Everywhere I walk is a knock in the face. And some days when I'm especially peeved I take a box out into the woods and burn the fucker, save as many minds as there are issues.

But let's be thankful, the internet is expansive and a larger spreader of truth than a few tracts can ever hope to be.

Nietzsche declared the death of god in 1882, what we're witnessing are the last remaining twitches of his corpse.

We will see the US secularize in our lifetime.

You should carve it out, put the sex toy inside, then put it back in the hotel room for someone else to find!

lol - thanks for letting me offload everyone

I killed a centipede the other day with my bible. Hey, I needed something heavy that I didn't care if got wrecked by centipede guts.

I honestly think you are to be commended for that.

As a matter of principle I can't destroy a book, even if it's some seriously fucked up shit like 'Mein Kampf' or 'the Turner Diaries.' Although I used to throw away Jehovah's Witness tracts, because someone was always leaving them on the city buses.

It's an interesting dilemma. On one hand it seems perfectly reasonable to protect people from harmful material. On the other hand, it's censorship, and could be construed as being close minded to allowing people to make up their own minds. Of course, most people being sheep who prefer to have their minds made up for them, where's the harm? Yup. It's a toughy. If it's merely propaganda materials I probably would lean towards throwing them away too, given the nature of people.

i order free tracts in large quantity's off the internet all the time, i have a little folder with about 600+ in about 20+ languages. probably make good fuel this winter.