Goodbye Jesus

Question For Christians

gabby

I would like to know what you squid posters think about "rebuking" people. Do you do it often? And if so, what do you think gives you the right to "rebuke" someone? Now, please don't bother telling me that it is biblical...I have a Strong's concordance and I am well acquainted w/ scripture so that's irrelevant. What I really want to know is if you can pull your heads out of your asses and look at this rationally. Doesn't the idea of rebuking your "brothers and sisters" go against what Jesus said about looking at the plank in your own eye before trying to pluck the splinter from another persons' eye? I think it's just an excuse for you x-tians to try to control others while attempting to justify your ego with the bible. Just a thought.

This is a genuine question since it is something that I dealt with a lot in the church. Please respond.

This is a genuine question since it is something that I dealt with a lot in the church. Please respond.

FYI: There are not very many Christians here. The few that are may not be interested in your question. Therefore the likelihood of a response directed at Christians is slim.

Guest Zenobia

They're freakin' cowards then - they just drop in to "preach" but they can't answer anyone's questions. Their actions speak for themselves. Hypocrites!

Damn straight, Zeno. Although my question was a bit harshly worded it is something I would really like to know about. I have seen the squids post here and since I cannot talk to x-tians in my daily life without ( :banghead: ), I was hoping that maybe I could glean some insight from the ones that come here to proselytize since they claim to be open to questioning. Obviously the ones that claim to to open to questions are liars or cowards, and it is my impression that they are both. Posting this has just reminded me that x-tians are obviously not worth my time.