Goodbye Jesus

Evangelism

LtJayson

I was helping a friend (ok, not so much helping...more like sitting on my ass) as they cleaned out some of their storage unit. These friends and I were the Pentecostals of all Pentecostals. In the old stuff, we found a tract. I read it and it made me literally sick. I used to give stuff like this out to my peers in THIRD FUCKING GRADE! So, I thought I would share it with everyone on here since, it most assuredly does not have a copyright on it! yay! I would love to hear your thoughts on the wonderful, theological idea of evangelism based on this "beautiful" work of "literature" :-)

==============

Title: The Burning Hell: Tortured Lost Souls Burning Forever

(Picture on the front has people burning and a satan figure standing there grinning. The words "Thousands of degrees hot and not a drop of water" are on the front as well)

Jesus Christ believed in a BURNING HELL, that is why He left the Father's bosom and came into this world of sorrow. He left the streets of gold and the rejoicing of angels, to come to this earth to be crucified, so that you and I could escape THE BURNING HELL.

In Luke 16:23 & 24 the Bible says, "AND IN HELL HE LIFT UP HIS EYES, BEING IN TORMENTS, AND SEETH ABRAHAM AFAR OFF, AND LAZARUS IN HIS BOSOM. AND HE CRIED AND SAID, FATHER ABRAHAM, HAVE MERCY ON ME, AND SEND LAZARUS, THAT HE MAY DIP THE TIP OF HIS FINGER IN WATER, AND COOL MY TONGUE; FOR I AM TORMENTED IN THIS FLAME." The Bible says in MARK 8:36, "FOR WHAT SHALL IT PROFIT A MAN, IF HE SHALL GAIN THE WHOLE WORLD, AND LOSE HIS OWN SOUL?"

One day in HELL, you will not have to be bothered by some Christian trying to give you a gospel tract. Neither will you have to worry about a soul winner knocking on your door and inviting you to go to church. No sir, but you will be remembering every gospel sermon you ever heard, every gospel tract that you turned down or tore up, each kind word from a mother, preacher, or Christian friend pleading with you to be saved. You too, will one day be like the rich man you just read about in LUKE 16:23 & 24. You will be crying, and begging for one drop of water to cool your scorching tongue. But it will be too late!

The Bible says in MATTHEW 23:33; "YE SERPENTS, YE GENERATION OF VIPERS, HOW CAN YE ESCAPE THE DAMNATION OF HELL?" How about it Friend, is HELL the place where you want to spend eternity?

The Bible says in PSALM 9:17, "THE WICKED SHALL BE TURNED INTO HELL, AND ALL THE NATIONS THAT FORGET GOD." In MATTHEW 25:41 the Bible says; "...DEPART FROM ME, YE CURSED, INTO EVERLASTING FIRE, PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS." You see, HELL was originally prepared for the Devil and his angels. But if you die wicked and curses, by not being saved, you will be there with them!

My Friend, don't let anyone convince you that when you die it will be all over. The Bible says in HEBREWS 9:27; "AND AS IT IS APPOINTED UNTO MEN ONCE TO DIE, BUT AFTER THIS THE JUDGEMENT" God says judgement follows your death, so NOW is the time to get ready to meet Him, because Judgement Day could be TODAY. The Bible says in REVELATION 20:15; "AND WHOSOEVER WAS NOT FOUND WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE WAS CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE."

My Friend, I beg you in the name of Jesus, to turn from your sinful, wicked ways and claim a new life with Jesus Christ. One day I too was traveling down the road that led to a BURNING HELL. I thought to myself, "There must be a better way!" Well, I trusted my heart and soul to Jesus Christ, now I can claim this verse from the Bible for my life; II CORINTHIANS 5:17 "THEREFORE IF ANY MAN BE IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATURE: OLD THINGS ARE PASSED AWAY; BEHOLD, ALL THINGS BECOME NEW." Thank you Jesus.

(The back has a form to fill out and send in if you accepted Jesus and a prayer to pray to accept him)

---------------------

I was laughing so loud and hard I almost threw up!!! haha! Your thoughts?

One day in HELL, you will not have to be bothered by some Christian trying to give you a gospel tract. Neither will you have to worry about a soul winner knocking on your door and inviting you to go to church. No sir, but you will be remembering every gospel sermon you ever heard, every gospel tract that you turned down or tore up, each kind word from a mother, preacher, or Christian friend pleading with you to be saved.

This part of Hell sounds like a dandy place to me. Kinda wonder though exactly how a dead person retains all these memories without a brain and how they are going to burn without a body.

I have probably read hundreds of tracts and heard hundreds of sermons that sounded exactly like this. As an adult ex-christian it is laughably absurd.

One day in HELL, you will not have to be bothered by some Christian trying to give you a gospel tract. Neither will you have to worry about a soul winner knocking on your door and inviting you to go to church. No sir, but you will be remembering every gospel sermon you ever heard, every gospel tract that you turned down or tore up, each kind word from a mother, preacher, or Christian friend pleading with you to be saved.

This part of Hell sounds like a dandy place to me. Kinda wonder though exactly how a dead person retains all these memories without a brain and how they are going to burn without a body.

I have probably read hundreds of tracts and heard hundreds of sermons that sounded exactly like this. As an adult ex-christian it is laughably absurd.

Agreed, Deva. Along with the perceived loss of heaven when we de-convert, there's also a gain in the "no hell" dept. But no more fundies to irritate? That would be hell. :lmao:

I just cannot figure it out looking at it from this side...WHY would anyone want to serve a god who WOULD send you to hell? I mean, he created it for "satan and his angels" so why the hell does he send his children there. In most family situations, you do nothing to have your father be your father...it is part of a family unit...not in the "family of god" lol...then you pay your dues in your life to call him your father! Crock of shit if you ask me :-)

Great points

WHY would anyone want to serve a god who WOULD send you to hell?

Well of course God doesn't send anyone to hell Brother Jayson. We chose to go there ourselves when we reject Jesus' love and his Free Gift ™ of salvation :nono:

Don't tell you me you've never heard that one before? :grin:

I just cannot figure it out looking at it from this side...WHY would anyone want to serve a god who WOULD send you to hell?

you could want to serve him from fear of going there, but i dont know how you could LOVE a god like that. he is meant to love the world, all that sounds more like hate to me.