Goodbye Jesus

Who Else Has An Intense Desire To Beat The Holy Shit

AKR

I find the whole 'well you are not praying hard enough' routine insulting. Also it is assuming that God has the same sense of morality that we do and that it gives a flying hooey about us. Why not rocks or stars? Our lives are so short, why would it notice us as anything other then bacteria infecting its beautiful rock garden?

I find the whole 'well you are not praying hard enough' routine insulting. Also it is assuming that God has the same sense of morality that we do and that it gives a flying hooey about us. Why not rocks or stars? Our lives are so short, why would it notice us as anything other then bacteria infecting its beautiful rock garden?

And then they try and tell us that we're too proud to believe in their god...who thinks humans are sooooo speshul that he created an entire universe with millions of galaxies none of us will ever see, and then murdered his own son/self for us. Yes, they are definately humble.

This "god" dude seems to reveal himself in some pretty horrible ways, so the asshole had better try harder!

:scratch: You didn't approach God with enough humility?

Here's a place where you can get a few things to show God you really mean it.

Get you one of these to wear around your thigh. Made by Italian Nuns and only 89 bucks. God won't ignore you when you have this on.

NUN_CILICE_FULL_01.jpg

Those nuns are handy creatures... they do chainmail as well as S&M toys?

Please don't post unnecessary long quotes here. You can edit the post to have just the most recent quote. I know it's time consuming, but it saves storage space.

A god that has very little likelihood of existence is just as unlikely to "reveal" anything to anyone that is worthy of consideration. To the practical human being, the most rationale and productive alternative to the mystical, magical approach, is simply to live life in the reality of the day-to-day things that we need to do. Make every day the best that it can be...and if you have done that, what more is there without the gods unmasking themselves, and showing us something more??

Live life to its best, and you cannot lose a thing!....

Those nuns are handy creatures... they do chainmail as well as S&M toys?

I don't know, but I have this vision of a young shapely Nun pulling back her Christian Burka to reveal her cilice. All perfectly innocent of course. I'm too old for lustful thoughts.

:scratch: You didn't approach God with enough humility?

Here's a place where you can get a few things to show God you really mean it.

Get you one of these to wear around your thigh. Made by Italian Nuns and only 89 bucks. God won't ignore you when you have this on.

NUN_CILICE_FULL_01.jpg

Is that thing barbed? Does that mean god is sort of a super sadist and people should be the masochists? Celestial BDSM..

Add me to that list as well. There is nothing more infuriating then Christians trying to come up with reasons as to why Jesus never appeared or why one didn't get saved after going through all the motions. One of the things which made me realize what a crock of shit most of Christianity is was hearing how uncaring these assholes are when people are facing REAL problems, and either saying it's all a test from gawd, or that they shouldn't complain because Jesus died to pay the price for YOUR sins (implying that the worst they could go through on earth is nothing compared to what they truly deserve for offending god's ego)

It's exactly those type of Christians, that piss me off. Don't they realize, that other people don't share their exclusivist beliefs?

They act as though Christianity is... "the truth."

This "god" dude seems to reveal himself in some pretty horrible ways, so the asshole had better try harder!

Hey, channel 10 caught him "revealing" himself!

jesus_reveals.jpg

It's exactly those type of Christians, that piss me off. Don't they realize, that other people don't share their exclusivist beliefs?

They act as though Christianity is... "the truth."

Exactly, their use of the word 'truth' is sooooooooooooo annoying in Christianity since they have the least evidence. I'm am convinced that all fundies and a lot of Christians are living in the land of oz, only instead of the wicked witch of the west, it's Satan who's trying to screw around with them.

And don't tell me that Christianity isn't exclusive. Sure, anyone can come to Christ, but those that don't were never part of the flock and are looked down upon. I only need to deal with a few holy rollers in real life and see the utter controdictions found on the web to know this.

Christianity, like any other religion is an emotional comfort device (according to mythologist Joseph Campbell). It no longer controls the social realm (we have secular government to make laws) and it no longer controls science.

All it has is the interior landscape of the individual, and their emotions, to work with. (and even this is being taken over by psychiatry).

If you are well balanced emotionally, you don't need the emotional comfort, the emotional womb, religion provides.

It is why, especially Christianity, is perfect for people with no self-esteem or have hit bottom in their personal life. Because it tells its followers, "yes, you are right, you suck (are a sinner), and you are a child (non-functional adult), and you need us (a strong father figure).

For those of you who grew up (and out) of that, how amazing it is that you were strong enough to be emotionally stable enough to see through and not be trapped in the Stockholm Syndrome.

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere already, but it pretty much sums everything up for me.

post-4217-1210786928_thumb.png