Goodbye Jesus

Huge Black Hole Catapulted Through Space

hereticzero

By Andrea Thompson

updated 5:13 p.m. CT, Tues., April. 29, 2008

A colossal black hole has been spotted exiting its home galaxy, kicked out after a huge cosmic merger took place.

The event, seen for the first time, was announced Tuesday.

"We have observed the pre-merger stages of black holes," said Stefanie Komossa of the Max Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics, part of the team that made the new discovery. "But we haven't seen the actual merger event."

Komossa and her team have now detected the consequences of such a merger: a 100-million-solar mass black hole in the process of leaving its home galaxy.

Go here for more: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24375102/

========================

This story was just too cool to pass up. The size of the black hole is incredible. I think our sun is only one solar mass.

Neat! I love reading about black holes. They are such an interesting phenomenon.

They'll probably have to get a permit.

They'll probably have to get a permit.

:lmao: Signed in triplicate and taken to the correct office on the Vogon homeworld.

I don't see a hundred million solar mass black hole getting "ejected" except by something a lot more massive. It more than likely went on it's own way. Some science fiction too:

"a giant burst of gravitational waves is emitted," ha! ha!

The biggest black hole so far, discovered earlier this year, "weighs in" at 18,000,000,000 solar masses. A small galaxy.