Goodbye Jesus

Long Time Questions...

Guest sugRsuccubus

Guest lenbitme

So, after leaving Christianity, with the bad taste of religion in your mouth, why choose a different religion? Do you actually believe in your current religion or are you simply adopting it as a way of life?

I went from Christian to atheist, but I still think there is something "spiritual" about human beings, whatever "spiritual" is defined as since we can't seem to put our fingers on it yet, and so I would possibly consider trying a different religion or evena different philosophy on life, however, I will never believe in a god again, or the authority of any way of life over another.

Just curious about all of you and your decisions for leaving the faith for new ones. :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's the ones who don't have such a bad taste in their mouth that choose to retain a spirituality. For me, it's not been about replacing one thing wholly with another. It's about stripping back all the things I know to be bull but holding on to the things that have value or I know really existed and happened because I personally experienced it. I am walking forward with an open mind, not having decided that there is NOTHING, and leaving it open for the SOMETHING to continue revealing itself through whatever way it sees fit.

I am thinking that different forms of spirituality are like different exercises of that part of humans that can touch the divine.