Goodbye Jesus

Grrrr!

Rhia

So as many of you may know - the US economy sucks, and I'm looking for a job with little success.

Well, after a particularly sucky interview that went NOWHERE today (except for my desire to punch the friggin' woman giving the interview), I decided to get desperate.

I've applied to work here as an adoption social worker.

I didn't just apply, I practically groveled in my cover letter. Shit about how I was adopted myself (true), and how "my life's goal and passion is my heart for children, love of those willing to sacrifice their own out of mercy, and desire to help children have new life" (puke).

I am by no means a cruel and heartless person, and I really wouldn't mind being a social worker - but I feel I've hit a new rock-bottom low by saying what I've said and applying where I have.

So, I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that I get an interview, and looking for a little gold cross to hang around my neck. How long ya wanna bet I can pull this Xn bullshit off before I crack?

Shit, I thought the social work sector would never fall victim to the economy, good or bad. Considering how the world of the teacher can suck, I'd figure the world of the social worker would be more in the hurt bag than my world. What do I know though?

Good luck on the job search, Rhia.

Guest eejay

It isn't too promising for us pilots either. I cannot stand the people I work for, but I have to tough it out. If they should decide to get rid of the plane (which wouldn't surprise me) I have no idea what I'll do. I really know the feeling and it's not getting any better out there.

I wish you well with the job. Desperate times....leads to desperate measures, you did what you feel you needed to do to get a job, once you get your foot in the door and get that interview, you probably can be more yourself, you are not lying when you say that you care and want to help children, you just embellished things a little with sickly sweet sentiments. :twitch: Good luck, let us know how it goes.

I wish you the best of luck with the job search, Sister Rhia! I'll be beseeching the Magic Sky Man in your behalf! Glory!

Good luck!

I am finding that the economy sucks more each day! I actually got a job offer (for Ashtabula County, Ohio that is a big deal) but I won't have a vehicle ready for me until June 1...and they want me NOW...oh it sucks to not have a vehicle and not have money! Keep your chin up, something will come along I am sure!

Condolences, I'm in about the same boat. Except I haven't finished my degree yet, so I'm just looking for part time work. Still its been a bitch finding any one thats even hiring. Just had to throw out endless applications and hope I get a hit.

((((Rhia)))))

I looked at the site. :repuke:

Not much advice here except focus on the humanity of the children. Jesus probably never existed so it's just a story. But the kids do exist and their humanity is the common ground of all life philosophies, nationalities, creeds, whatever. Don't know much more to say. This isn't what you worked so hard to get out of Christian school for. But you do know how to act the part if you have to. Let your humanity--the hugs, human touch, etc.--do the speaking rather than your tongue whenever possible. Oh Rhia, I just wish you the best. You're strong so please don't crack.

If you all think it's a sign of a new low when people have to do such desperate things for a job...

...over here some braindead TV channel has started a casting show that revolves about an available job. Imagine that - someone offers a vacant job and this scum of German TV starts a casting show a la "who of these 3 candidates will humiliate herself enough to... errr... will turn out to be best-suited to fill the position?".

:banghead:

If you all think it's a sign of a new low when people have to do such desperate things for a job...

...over here some braindead TV channel has started a casting show that revolves about an available job. Imagine that - someone offers a vacant job and this scum of German TV starts a casting show a la "who of these 3 candidates will humiliate herself enough to... errr... will turn out to be best-suited to fill the position?".

:banghead:

Unfortunately, we've had that for years; hence The Apprentice, Hell's Kitchen, et al.

Seriously though, I'm starting to wonder why I even bothered going to college - most employers that I've interviewed with think me "overqualified" (usually receptionist positions since I never chose a major with a "trade"), and then there's a few where I would love to apply, but I'm under-qualified due to a lack of a Master's Degree.

I don't really want to be a social worker, but it's better if I can get a job in that field rather than working hospitality or retail.

ETA: Thank you all for the support, I didn't know so many were in the same boat!

• Super Moderator

Sorry you're having such a tough time. I wish you well.

In the meantime, I thought maybe this organization might be a good place to seek employment:

http://medicaladoptions.com/

Stay positive!

I wonder, how long it would take and how far would the economies of the world slide, before, there is a Blood thirsty riot for food and necessities for life.... I get dibs on raiding Linsey Lohan's wine cellar.... except that she doesn't have a wine cellar..... it's all cheap booze. ah ha ha ha ha. Wasn't food riots what caused the French Revolution?

I wonder what these Calgarians are going to say, when they're precious "Red hot" Canadian economy, goes tits up. and the Price of Gas sky rockets to 2 bucks a liter (6 a gallon I think 3 liter is a gallon?, we go by liters here). All these people who refuse to hire me, even at Chapters books. (They're in for a biggg surprise). I'm going to boycot buying books, if I'm not good enough to get a job at Chapters... I'm certainly too low class to buy books.. so be it. It's Ograbme time. Caseyland just put Chapters on our Ogrambe (Embargo list). such a shame too. I was going to get into some books. really intelligent books too. Ie 3 nights in Havana. (about Prime Minister Treadau and Fidel Castro). Less and less Canadians are starting to have expendable money. So long... low umemployment rate, as us Calgarians love to brag about. (You can't build an economy with burgers).

America is in a better state (in the long run), or Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, and other economies that not just based on oil.... Alberta is abundant with resources, so we don't diversify. now it's biting the Albertans on the ass. All they do is put up bumper stickers that say "Please Lord send another Oil boom, this time I promise not to piss it away". Opps they pissed it away... Calgary and Edmonton, are just as economically viable as Dubai! silly sillly fools.

I'm glad to be leaving this Christian shit zone, worse!!! It's in the Mormon rectangle.... (Southern Alberta). Man are all the farmers and ranchers going to be shocked when price of food goes down, as the rates for transport goes up. and Suburbanite Calgarian Christians find out that going to their CAMA Mega church, is not worth their while. Or maybe they're jerking off, thinking that these are signs of the apocalypse..... lol.

But there is no magical god that's going to save them from their economic troubles, and their wasted money on gas, commuting back and forth along the Deerfoot 500 (Deerfoot Trail, a Giant Freeway that runs through town, often confused for a a race strip). Maybe now these Christian idiots will think twice about their ugly SUVS full of ugly ugly children. all 50 of them, that they have to now feed with food prices that skyrocket. And soon, their morgages that they take out for their giant beautiful blessed house, can't even be sold. The Cama mega church, the Catholic Parish will never be paid off! ah ha ha hahahahahahahahah revenge! REVENGE!!!!!!! That's what this city, these people, get for rejecting me.

They made their bed! now they must sleep in it!