Goodbye Jesus

Happy Belated Beltane

Guest Zenobia

Guest Zenobia

We are going to a gathering this weekend. There will be around 30 or so pagans there. We will have a maypole and lots of fun for kids, plus of course the bonfire :) What are your Beltane plans?

I had planned (well, we had planned - my Celtically-inclined wife and me) to attend the annual great Beltane heathen party at the Externsteine not too far away (an ancient holy site of the pre-christian Germanic tribes - several times per year every kind of heathen gathers there to have a really wild night :fdevil: ).

Then came the annoying thing at work "Thur, you're the only one instructed on how to do the daily tasks with that server in Mexico - I know you're officially on vacation, but if you could keep doing that half-hour of work per day I'll owe you a big one!"

"Sure", I said, because I knew he was right - I was (and still am) the only one who knows what to do with that server. Unfortunately, of course, that means I need to be close to a PC (with a Citrix client installed) around the time of the daily tasks... which in the German timezone start at midnight. So much for partying at that time.

Of course, very shortly before that time I heard that contrary to my former information May 1st would be enough of a holiday in Mexico for the folks there to not need that work on that night, but it was too late to change plans already. :Hmm:

(And boy will that be a big favor my superior will owe me... :wicked: )

Guest Zenobia

Dude, that SUX.

Reminds me of that scene from Office Space where the poor guy tries to hide from his boss so he won't have to work on Saturday but the boss catches him with, "What's happening? Yeah... um... I'm gonna go ahead and need ya to come in tomorrow... hmm-kay?" (exact moment at 1:30)

LOl dunno if you've seen that movie, it's a must for anyone who works in an office.

Anyway, I guess it's good to be "needed"... but kinda sux at the same time.

Well happy Beltaine anyway - maybe you could build a small Beltaine fire on your desk? :ukliam2:

edited to include funny scene from office space :)

LOl dunno if you've seen that movie, it's a must for anyone who works in an office.

Haven't seen it so far. May do so sometime in the future... just have no idea where to stuff it in in the looooong list of movies I missed so far :)

Well happy Beltaine anyway - maybe you could build a small Beltaine fire on your desk? :ukliam2:

I prefer to have my Beltane fire with a few morontheists in it, that won't fit on a desk ;)

Yup...

...after all, "we heathens" have a reputation to live up to in the eyes of them morontheists, no? :lmao: