Goodbye Jesus

Beautiful Clip About Bast

Guest Zenobia

Guest Zenobia

I forget the name of the movie this came from, but it's lovely. More proof that the Cat Goddess is superior to the silly human god :P

• 4 weeks later...

I forget the name of the movie this came from, but it's lovely. More proof that the Cat Goddess is superior to the silly human god :P

Zenobia, that was awesome! I've had a fondness for cats since I was a kid, and have always felt a certain affinity for them.

Guest Zenobia

I found out what the movie is called from a poster on Youtube : Three Lives of Thomasina... 1964.

Watching it again - I had a flashback from childhood.

We saw this movie at a drive-in when I was little and I remember my parents told me to turn around and close my eyes during this scene, so that I wouldn't see the "pagan" gods... I think I must have peeked because I remember parts of this scene. Now I'm pissed that they made me close my eyes during the most beautiful part of the movie!

That's such a cool scene!

Bast is a cool goddess. Cats are such beautiful creatures.

Guest Zenobia

Yeah... I don't mind "worshipping" them. They deserve it more than the sky daddy IMHO... cats do much more for me than he ever did. They're furry and they cuddle. Much nicer then big ole' bossy jehovah. Heck, I can't help myself, I'm putty in their paws. Heh...

Glad you liked the clip :)

Yeah... I don't mind "worshipping" them. They deserve it more than the sky daddy IMHO... cats do much more for me than he ever did. They're furry and they cuddle. Much nicer then big ole' bossy jehovah. Heck, I can't help myself, I'm putty in their paws. Heh...

Glad you liked the clip :)

I suddenly remembered that Card Captor Sakura, my adopted representation of the Benevolent Divine is helped by a winged lion named Kereberos when he's in his true form.(Otherwise he looks like a little stuffed winged dog.) If Bast has angelic servants, I suspect they might look like him.

kero.jpg

Nice drawing :) Are those anime characters? I haven't seen them before.

Yes, Kereberos is from the anime Card Captor Sakura, which is about a little girl who has to recapture magical cards that she's accidentally scattered. Here's the first episode:Cardcaptor Sakura -Sakura and the Mysterious Magic Book

Here's some fanart I did:CardMageSakura.jpg

Who narrated the film? Sounds like a familiar voice....

Guest Zenobia
Who narrated the film? Sounds like a familiar voice....

I don't know... it's a really old film. I agree it does sound familiar but I assumed it was just the "dejavu" of watching it again after so many years.