Goodbye Jesus

I am a Roman citizen, watching the Christian

scotter

I am a Roman citizen. I am in the midst of the shouts and laughter of my fellow Romans in the Arena. I saw our Emperor Nero in his purple cloak, tasting his grapes, and the Senates and all the important people. I saw Roman citizens of all classes gathering together enjoying the fest. This is one of the rare occasions that we Romans could shred down the classes and participate the event together. Everybody is eagerly expecting, I see the excitements in their faces. Today is gently windy. Bits of sand and dust are blown off thus whirling over the clean sandy yellow grounds.

Sigh….I know I am different from my fellow Romans, I have sympathy for the ‘Christians’…..they are followers of a Jew from a town Galilee in Judea called Jesus Christus, who taught them love and peace, and messages of Kingdom of Heaven of their Jewish God Jehovah. He was nailed dead by crucifixion. And that they believe he is the Messiah, who would soon come back to deliver them to Heaven. I heard that they started the Great Fire that burned down most of Roma.

…..Now I see the Christians are slowly being led by the soldiers to the arena. Chained in their hands, they come in lines. They are supposed to be the feed of the lions. Oh…..This is horrible. When I am just contemplating this…..I hear someone singing, amidst the exhilarating shouts, amidst the roars of the lions.

The songs come from the voices of the Christians. I hear some words like Jesus, Love, Messiah, Glory and Heaven…They appear to be peaceful people. If this man Jesus had taught them messages of love and peace, how could they be the ones who started the fire?

The lions are roaring, they are so fiercely hungry. I heard that the slaves were instructed not to feed the lions for several days. They are jumping up-and-down behind the gates.

I hear the trumpets, the gates are lifted by the keepers. Now I hear people roaring like lions the moment the gates are opened. The lines formed by the standing Christians begin to break down. Some are running for their lives, but the lions catch up on them; some are just standing there waiting for the lions’ bites. I see the lions with their claws tearing them apart. I see the nobles, the grass-roots, all are laughing. They are genuinely laughing. The arena is a sea of trembling ecstasy, a sea of raising fists.

O Jupiter, God of the Universe, the Christians they don’t deserve this. I implore You…..

I no longer hear the songs. The songs stopped.

----------

I am a Roman citizen. I do not know one thousand years later, the Christians that I feel pity for, have become another Empire, persecuting others in the name of Inquisition, torturing people to death with unimaginable means, burning people alive on the stakes, massacring Cathars, Jews and Muslims, in the name of Crusade.

The general picture I wrote is the Roman Empire was persecuting the Christians. Nero-Christian-Great Fire of Rome was not necessarily historically accurate.

Sometimes I want to talk to Christians imagine if there was a Roman citizen watching the Christians being persecuted, and had pity for them, he would not have known just one thousand years later (and after that too), ‘Christians’ were doing the same thing.

So I was thinking why not write a piece like the first person watching the persecution to express my thoughts.

Nice, Scotter.

You have a real talent for writing.

And a good perception for the truth.

Pretty good. I like it.

The general picture I wrote is the Roman Empire was persecuting the Christians. Nero-Christian-Great Fire of Rome was not necessarily historically accurate.   

Sometimes I want to talk to Christians imagine if there was a Roman citizen watching the Christians being persecuted, and had pity for them, he would not have known just one thousand years later (and after that too), ‘Christians’ were doing the same thing.

So I was thinking why not write a piece like the first person watching the persecution to express my thoughts.

Scotter, that is quite creative!

So, are you saying it is ok to feed the present Christians to the hungry lions today, for a great entertainment event? :eek:

The only thing I'd like to reference, is that Jesus' main emphasis was vehemently against the religous rights' condemning attitude then, and I'm sure he thinks the same way towards their condemning attitude today too. It certainly seems to make them look bad.

Thank you again.

Amanda: No, it is not that, but thank you for sharing your thoughts also.

Good story Scotter, only you should have set in the reign of Decius in the third century CE or Diocletian in the fourth century CE. It is possible that Valerian, in the third century, did the same, in milder terms. The rest is fancy or local Pagan riots against Christ Cultist sacrilege. Nero especially would not have known about Christ Cultists, Romans of that period would have considered them just another Jewish sect. - Heimdall :wicked:

Scotter,

Great! You should consider expanding this into (at least ) a short story.

I don't think Jack Chick would make a comic of it, but I'm sure someone would!

:wicked:

This is pretty good. You should consider posting it in creative works and writing a short story.

very creative

I loved the use of words which really helped the picture of the story come alive

very well done