Goodbye Jesus

Is He A True Christian, Yes Or No?

Robbobrob

Judas. Was he a True Christian ?

If he was, than how did he fall and become a traitor?

If not, than how can even the most dedicated christians even think they are true christians and saved, if even one of the Elite 12 was not one?

And with God's all knowing aspect, does it mean he used Judas and screwed the poor boy over, much in the same way he let Satan screw over Job?

Goodbye Jesus

Judas is the only true saint in the Bible, and he was not a Christian. Unlike the poor dolts today who must have faith, Judas was witness to all the events of Jesus. The only reason he would turn Jesus in (didn’t he get compensated for it?) is because he knew it was all sham and he had nothing to fear.

Trick question :Hmm:

There were no Christians before Jesus died, resurrected, and ascended to sit upon the right had of God.*

*Note: I have no idea why God couldn't make Jesus a chair, so that his right hand wouldn't be encumbered with somebody else.

I think Judas was a true Christian. Lying, stealing, deceitful, and backstabbing like the rest of them. He was only brave enough to do what the others didn't dare.

Judas is the only true saint in the Bible, and he was not a Christian. Unlike the poor dolts today who must have faith, Judas was witness to all the events of Jesus. The only reason he would turn Jesus in (didn’t he get compensated for it?) is because he knew it was all sham and he had nothing to fear.
To be fair, Judas didn't have a choice in the matter because Jesus had predestined everything from the start and knew ahead of time this would happen but didn't do anything to prevent it. Given how it was all predestined, if Judas defied Jesus and didn't betray him, then he would be sinning against Yahweh and would go to hell. But since Judas murdered Jesus, then he still sinned anyway and was never forgiven for it, so it was a lose-lose situation for Judas. Given that Judas had no choice in the matter and sacrificed his own salvation to betray Jesus for our souls' sake, doesn't that mean Judas' sacrifice was greater than Jesus' sacrifice? There should be a Church Of Judas somewhere.

Judas is the embodiment of every modern day Christian struggling with every part of their own nature.

It is difficult to explain Judas when his character may not have existed at all. If Jesus did not exist or his story were not true, then how can Judas be held in contempt for an action that may have not happened at all?

Judas is the embodiment of every modern day Christian struggling with every part of their own nature.

It is difficult to explain Judas when his character may not have existed at all. If Jesus did not exist or his story were not true, then how can Judas be held in contempt for an action that may have not happened at all?

Exactly. Even Jesus told him to go and do what he had to do. He probably could have stopped Judas if he wanted to and talked him out of it, but he didn't.

If he was, than how did he fall and become a traitor?

He was weak. Much like the other desciples. Peter denied Jesus, Thomas doubted him, Judas betrayed him. Does that really make him worse than the others? Probably not. Jesus was determined he was going to die a matyr and if it wasn't for Judas, it probably just would have been delayed by a few days. Judas has been unfairly villainised.

If not, than how can even the most dedicated christians even think they are true christians and saved, if even one of the Elite 12 was not one?

The thing is, none of them can. I'm sure most of the Christians on this site, like me, were convinced they were true Christians. And as far as I'm concerned they were. There are definitely no gaurantees, that's for sure.

And with God's all knowing aspect, does it mean he used Judas and screwed the poor boy over, much in the same way he let Satan screw over Job?

Well yeah, I think he did give Judas a raw deal on Earth. But I daresay, if God is real and Jesus is his son, Judas will be in Heaven right now for doing God's will.

Judas. Was he a True Christian ™?

The term lacks a foolproof definition of course, but I'd say no. No one is a "True Christian™". You can twist and turn and fold and rip da wholly babble and the rest of the cult's dogma such that everyone's "true"/"false" depending on your personal agenda.

I voted no because technically there were no Christians at that time. He was a true disciple.

Guest Zenobia
I think Judas was a true Christian. Lying, stealing, deceitful, and backstabbing like the rest of them. He was only brave enough to do what the others didn't dare.

:whs: I agree!

Silly Rabbit, Trix are for Jesus.

Nobody can be a True Christian.

Jesus & Daddy want to keep all the goodies for themselves. They're just sitting alone in their crystal palace in the sky laughing at all us mortals thinking that we'll get into their sexy mansion. Fact is, Lucifer is the XFO of their conglomerate and holds all the afterlife's offices down under. Less overhead, easier to control the manpower. Though the heating bills are a bit outrageous.

Why else do you think Jesus let's the rich corporate entities of the world get away with so much? Their the most like the G.O.D.

I voted no because technically there were no Christians at that time. He was a true disciple.
The really fun question to ask Christians is was Jesus a true Christian?