Goodbye Jesus

Faking possession

benjaburns

Every now and then I get so annoyed by some fundamentalists' utter refusal to listen to logic that I feel like I just wanna do something that would shock the crap out of them. Not that I ever would, mind you, but I've wanted to. Recently I wondered what would happen if someone faked demonic possession just to show that exorcism doesn't work. Like, if someone went to a really fundimentalist church and just started acting all possessed in the middle of service. You know, cursing, throwing stuff, breaking stuff, blaspheming Jesus and God, the works. Of course, after everyone gave up trying to exocise the demon the person would have to keep acting possessed whenever he was around those people since if they knew he was faking they'd have a good excuse as to why it didn't work. Maybe I'm just in an evil mood, but has anyone else ever wondered what the outcome of trying something akin to this would be?

One of our other members that goes by the name, Shadfox, mentioned something similar to this a while back. A couple of us joined in and offered suggestions on how to go about doing this in a convincing manner, but he never did get around to doing it. :shrug:

I think we ended up leaving it at fake demonic contact lenses, a lighter-fluid soaked bible that would be engulfed in flames with a little spark, and a hidden canister of freon that would be secretly inhaled so as to make his voice much deeper than normal. :Duivel7:

The bad thing is, after we thought about it, we figured that after pulling something like that off, the people would panic and probably kill him before they would try to get the demon out of him. :lmao:

One of our other members that goes by the name, Shadfox, mentioned something similar to this a while back. A couple of us joined in and offered suggestions on how to go about doing this in a convincing manner, but he never did get around to doing it.  :shrug:

I think we ended up leaving it at fake demonic contact lenses, a lighter-fluid soaked bible that would be engulfed in flames with a little spark, and a hidden canister of freon that would be secretly inhaled so as to make his voice much deeper than normal.  :Duivel7:

The bad thing is, after we thought about it, we figured that after pulling something like that off, the people would panic and probably kill him before they would try to get the demon out of him.  :lmao:

Oh, THAT I must SEE

Oh, THAT I must SEE

Why?!?!

Shadfox is pretty cool!

Why would you want to see him get killed?

Urineass! :mellow:

:HaHa:

One of our other members that goes by the name, Shadfox, mentioned something similar to this a while back. A couple of us joined in and offered suggestions on how to go about doing this in a convincing manner, but he never did get around to doing it. 

I think we ended up leaving it at fake demonic contact lenses, a lighter-fluid soaked bible that would be engulfed in flames with a little spark, and a hidden canister of freon that would be secretly inhaled so as to make his voice much deeper than normal. 

The bad thing is, after we thought about it, we figured that after pulling something like that off, the people would panic and probably kill him before they would try to get the demon out of him.

Oh, THAT I must SEE

Yes, I agree. That would be funny as hell (no pun intended :-P).

Faked possession...thought that was how it was normally done. Goes with the fake exorcism, fake healing, fake prayers answered, fake miracles....fake god.

Faked possession...thought that was how it was normally done.  Goes with the fake exorcism, fake healing, fake prayers answered, fake miracles....fake god.

good point there Vixentrox.

I have just been reflecting tonight on my time in the church.... can you think of anything more artificial?

The funny thing is, I get a kick out of movies about that sort of thing. Exorcist is one of my all-time favorite movies. For some it's Godzilla movies. For me it's demon possession and vampire themes that I love.

I've always wanted to fake an illness and have some doofus pentacostal preacher get the entire congregation layin' on of hands and "POOF," the miracle cure of disease! HA! And watch all the folks testify of how they felt the rush of the holy spirit and all that crap.

But I'm a lousy actor. Maybe another lifetime... :wicked:

Urineass! :mellow:

Hey Fwee!!!

:lmao:

Ya Piss mop!