Goodbye Jesus

Laundry

Amethyst

Ok, now for a perfectly tame rant of the mundane variety. Hopefully, this won't descend into a flame war. I can't see how it could, but you never know.

I hate doing laundry! I also having to stick in two quarters whenever I have to do a load. I mean, honestly -- $3 to do 3 loads is a lot of quarters. I'm sick of having to get change from fives and tens at work just so I have quarters to do laundry. I'm also sick and tired of the price of laundry detergent and fabric softener sheets. Why can't it be cheaper?

Also, I'm really tired of living in an apartment building and other people taking my stuff out of the washer when I obviously have two loads in the dryers. The washers take half an hour and the dryers take an hour, and there's no really good place to put my clothes. I don't want my laundry basket getting all wet and my clothes getting wrinkled. Why should I have to take my clothes out? Why can't they just wait half an hour? Why???

:ugh:

Ok, now for a perfectly tame rant of the mundane variety.  Hopefully, this won't descend into a flame war.  I can't see how it could, but you never know.

Easily! All someone has to do is blame the "Jewish Conspiracy" that controls the laundromat consortium, and off we go! :lmao:

(I couldn't resist.)

I just hate having to take my damned clothes down there in the first place. Argh! I do need to wash a couple of leads this weekend. Ugh!

:Doh:

Libertus

I finally got some change to do laundry today. It's $1.50 a load where I'm staying. Plus $0.25 per 15 minutes of drying. :ugh:

$1.50? American?

Amethyst:

Do you go back to your unit for other chores and come back down to the laundry room, when the washer/dryer are rolling your clothes?

Hate it but you have to be there watching, I used to bring a book to read.

If I have not missed anything, you are already fortunate enough that people just take your clothes out, but not having stolen some of them.

$$$: Buy the laundry powder big bucket from the store, scoop the portion into your emptied pickle jar and there you go.

What can I suggest? I hope you are already feeling better after you vented out your feelings.

Do I suggest you to self-hynotize “I love doing laundry…”….LOL!

Amethyst, there must be some odd things you want to do but you never get a chance sitting down to do……

If you have to sit down in the laundry room to watch your clothes going through the complete washing-drying circle….do some planning on the weekly.monthly.seasonal events….drafting some letters, wordings in cards you have wanted to write…planning the plot and characters, not necessarily detailed writing, of your conceiving novel.

(I remember you want to be a professional writer)….

Take care.

Do you go back to your unit for other chores and come back down to the laundry room, when the washer/dryer are rolling your clothes?

Yes.

Hate it but you have to be there watching, I used to bring a book to read.

Why? That's stupid! Not the book, the part that you have to be there.

If I have not missed anything, you are already fortunate enough that people just take your clothes out, but not having stolen some of them.

Oh.

I don't go to public laundromats, I have one in my apartment building.

$$$: Buy the laundry powder big bucket from the store, scoop the portion into your emptied pickle jar and there you go.

I would but I have sensitive skin. That stuff drives me up the wall. I use coupons for Tide and stuff when I can.

Amethyst, there must be some odd things you want to do but you never get a chance sitting down to do……

You mean like work on my writing? I don't usually get time to do that until the weekend.

I have to go to a laundry mat, to do my laundry. And I would have to drive miles to get to any of them.

Washer Loads are $1.50 and some other Laundry Mats can be #2.00. Dryers are .25 for 15 minutes. Because it takes longer to dry, then to wash.

I have trouble to managing this errand, because of the time being at a laundry mat and desiring the morning hours when they Open, rather than the Afternoon Hours, where it's too hot and too many people using the Laundry Mats, for which some washers and dryers aren't available.

Sorry, but unattended laundry in a machine that has finished its cycle is one of my pet peeves.

I can’t count the number of times I have taken “still wet” clothes out of a dryer because some dolt had decided the dryer is now his/her private machine.

I give unattended clothes in a machine that has finished its cycle FIVE minutes. And I think I am being generous.

Guest Priapus

Gonna have to go with I Broke Free on this one. When you use public access machines you enter into an unspoken Social Contract wherein you must take responsibility for your shit and not monopolize. Your "Laundry Time" does not encapsulate the laundry area in a Magic Bubble of Peace, Serenity, and Justice, that your dainties might go untouched by strangers who also need to use the limited facilities.

I own my own home now and do my own laundry. Sometimes I'll put a single wet towel in the dryer and set it to run for an hour when I know the towel will be dry in 15 minutes. Sometimes I'll leave the wet laundry in the washer overnight!

I can do that. It's my laundry room.

I can’t count the number of times I have taken “still wet” clothes out of a dryer because some dolt had decided the dryer is now his/her private machine.

I always watch the clock when I do the laundry. I'm not talking about leaving for hours on end, I'm just talking about leaving them in there while the dryer is still going because there is really no place to put them. I don't think this makes me a "dolt."

I always watch the clock when I do the laundry.  I'm not talking about leaving for hours on end, I'm just talking about leaving them in there while the dryer is still going because there is really no place to put them.  I don't think this makes me a "dolt."

Whether or not a dryer is available for one’s wet clothes is irrelevant. If the washer you are using has finished, then you should take the clothes out, put them in a basket and place the basket next to the dryer. This leaves the washer available for the next “paying” customer.

1) I may have a dryer at home and I just want to use the washer.

2) I may not want to risk losing my space in line by coming back later.

Well, I also usually do my laundry on off-days (like weeknights) and not the busiest days like Saturday. If I do them on the weekend at all, it's on Sunday morning.

Amethyst:

I just wanted to tell you that I was being a little bratty when I used the word “dolt” in my response to the laundry thread. I want to apologize now before you think I wanted you take that quip personally. I am sorry that it came across that way: I would have felt the same way you did. There are a couple of members on the forum where we banter back and forth and really don’t mean what we say. I think I just got carried away.

We all have pet peeves that annoy us, but the laundry one is way down on my list. I am friends with and love people who do far more annoying things than leave their wash in the machine. I have leaned over the years that quite often people have even better reasons for doing what they do than I give them credit for. Your reason for leaving the wash in the machine may be one of them. :scratch:

IBF-Dennis :grin:

I just wanted to tell you that I was being a little bratty when I used the word “dolt” in my response to the laundry thread. I want to apologize now before you think I wanted you take that quip personally. I am sorry that it came across that way: I would have felt the same way you did. There are a couple of members on the forum where we banter back and forth and really don’t mean what we say. I think I just got carried away.

That's okay.

I'm hoping that someday I'll have a townhome of my own, and not have to worry about it. ;)