Goodbye Jesus

Coming Out

Wendybabe

Here in southern California I use to be a minister with the Plymouth Brethren Church. About three years ago I converted to Unitarianism. Well once in a while I will run into someone from my past, someone who was very familiar with my Christian testimony etc... Last Tuesday I ran into a Mr. B. Mr. B is a Romanian man from my old Plymouth Brethren Church. This man immigrated from Romania during the communist regime of Chouchesku (Spelling?) He and his family 11 children + wife took refuge in the U.S. Embassy and demanded to be allowed to leave the country and come to the U.S.A under religious persecution status. A letter campaign was started in this country and remarkably he and his family were allowed to come to the U.S. I met this man 11 years ago. (This is where the story gets interesting.) From my first meeting He struck me as a very ambitious character. One who would even deceive people (Christians) in order to get what he wanted from them. (He tried to pretend he couldn't speek english the first time I met him. This was used to get me to do him a favor.) I won't go into all the details but I will tell you this about his ambition. His 11 children have all gone through the highest institutions of education in the u.S. They hold masters and PhD's!!! Partly because they took their opportunities and partly because they played their cards right! The kids used every opportunity to "Serve the Lord!" They would raise money for this endevor and that outreach when all the while I could see they were making a nice future for themselves! This because of his pushing coniving politicing etc.... This man is one of the reason's why I have become so disillusioned with christianity. It is "all about me!" "What can I get out of it?!!!" It is not about truth and justice, its about who can screw who in the best light possible! So anyway I talk to Mr. B and I tell him "I am a Unitarian!" I might as well as said, "I have sex with animals!" He can't just except me as a logical reasonable person. he starts in on me with verses of scripture! How pathetic!!!!! Will I ever be able to communicate with people like this???

Will I ever be able to communicate with people like this???

Umm, don't hold your breath about that. Whenever I tell others that I don't believe in their god, I often get the same bible claptrap. I've tried to reason with these people, but they just shut their brains off.

Some people will understand, others never will. <_<

Guest Anathema

If a christian doesn't like the fact that I find their religion a waste of my time, they can bite my ass. I am through caring about what they think. If they get on to quoting scripture and arguing, I exit the entire conversation. Life is too short to give a fuck what the brainwashed and close-minded have to say about anything.

post-457-1122154028_thumb.jpg

post-457-1122154056.jpg

You'll probably never be able to talk to them about it unless they are questioning their faith and are truly curious.

I have honestly found it more and more difficult to talk with people about religion just because the fact that I am seen as an evil Atheist who is gonna sacrfice his children or some bull shit like that....

as it has been stated before people have lost the power to use their brians and it is sad there is little you can do about it. :shrug:

Boondock Saints is one of the coolest movies ever made.  It fucking rocks!!

bsaints.jpg

Absolutly :)

BDS_Quote1.jpg