Goodbye Jesus

killing in the name of.....

BLACKGRAVITY

i'm not new here...the inactivity cased my membership to exspire i gess... but anyhow here's my qestion..

in history... how's done more killing in the name of their god/non religion? (religion,or non religion wars)

i was just wondering beacse i've been going at this sbject on another board about the case and effect of forced religion/convert or die type of ideas... some say more people have been killed by "atheist" type mined people then people that have a religion... what's your take on this... any help is appreciated. thanx

-BG

I would say all wars has been about power, control and ownership rather then faith or no-faith.

But in the western wold history, most all emperiums have been religious. You could argue that China, Soviet etc are/where atheist, but that is only the last 100 years we're talking about. Before that every nation had some religion driving their actions. There hasn't been any non-religious states before 1900-century.

All the wars in Europe before 1900-century were between nations with different religious agenda. It's scary that people refuse to read a little history and see that countries are religious, but the reason behind wars mostly are disputes beyond their religion, and they use the religion to unite the country and use it as a powertool to make the people willingly give up their lives.

It's hard to claim religion is the reason to war, but it's definitely not atheism, since it's such a modern concept. You were killed in the old days for it. So how can you be atheist and kill a lot of people when you are dead?

I would say all wars has been about power, control and ownership rather then faith or no-faith.

But in the western wold history, most all emperiums have been religious. You could argue that China, Soviet etc are/where atheist, but that is only the last 100 years we're talking about. Before that every nation had some religion driving their actions. There hasn't been any non-religious states before 1900-century.

All the wars in Europe before 1900-century were between nations with different religious agenda. It's scary that people refuse to read a little history and see that countries are religious, but the reason behind wars mostly are disputes beyond their religion, and they use the religion to unite the country and use it as a powertool to make the people willingly give up their lives.

It's hard to claim religion is the reason to war, but it's definitely not atheism, since it's such a modern concept. You were killed in the old days for it. So how can you be atheist and kill a lot of people when you are dead?

I'd say that it's Ideologies that are to blame...

Which is quite interesting, since one thing that Atheism most certainly isn't, is an Ideology.

I'd say that it's Ideologies that are to blame...

Which is quite interesting, since one thing that Atheism most certainly isn't, is an Ideology.

... You're right, didn't think of that...

Communism is an ideology, even though it used atheism in the concept.

But it was the communism that was hurting people.

I believe in religious freedom, but like all freedoms, it's under our responsibility not to corrupt it.

As to your membership, we changed forums several times so you had to re-register evrytime.

As to your membership, we changed forums several times so you had to re-register evrytime.

hope this is the last stop for the forms... i love this place