Of being angry.

Of arguing.

Of debating.

Of caring if I'm "right" or "wrong"

Of ranting and raving.

Of complaining.

Of whining.

Of bitching and moaning about how my former religion 'done me wrong'

Of giving a shit what sally sue christian did or didn't do last weekend.

Of giving a shit what sally sue apostate did or didn't do last weekend.

Of being paranoid about how the govt. is screwing us over and those damn evil Christians are taking over the world.

Of blameshifting.

Frankly I'm just tired. I love you guys...but it's getting unhealthy for me. I think it's time to move on. I have a hard time tearing myself away...I keep coming back...it's like an addiction. Maybe there is a support group forum for people trying to leave THIS forum. :lmao:

I'm just tired of caring...I just want to be free. To be totally free I don't think I can continue to be here. I'm still trapped by Christianity because I'm still talking about it.

I think I'm done here.

Don't be a stranger guys. Email me anytime. zoegrace_25@yahoo.com

I'm tired. ...<snip>...

I think I'm done here. 

*Sigh*

I would like to say, "I'm surprised", but then I'd be lying.

I recognize such burnout, because I went through EXACTLY the same thing just a few months back.

I had QUIT Xianity, yet I was even MORE consumed with it due to my rants against it and religion! It was unhealthy. So I "went away" for a few months.

It felt good. I realized that I needed a better "hobby" than Xian bashing.

(Haven't QUITE found that hobby yet, but just recognizing it has made a world of difference to me!)

That's when I was able to return. And so long as I avoid debating WITH Xians, I can usually remain lighthearted and on an even keel. Which is where I want to be.

So Zoe, IF you really mean "good-bye", I not only understand where you're coming from, but I encourage it. Could be one of the healthiest moves you've made.

But DON'T be a stranger! I've loved your personality, honesty and fractured take on society at large. I'll miss you while you're gone.

<<<<Kisses!>>>>

I'm just tired of caring...I just want to be free.  To be totally free I don't think I can continue to be here.  I'm still trapped by Christianity because I'm still talking about it.

I am reminded of a scene in the novel 'the fountainhead'.

Ellsworth Toohey, the villain of the piece is bought together with the 'hero' - Howard Roark, whom he has tried to ruin and destroy.

Toohey askes him 'tell me what you think of me? In any words you wish. No one will hear us."

Roark replies, "But I don't think of you"

Zoe - I feel the same as you, that sometimes going on about it - perpetuates the problem - would love to be free too - but whoops Here I am (and the dinner is buring)

Guest ElGuapo

Zoe Grace, your post reminded me of something I saw on another website:

I used to call myself an athiest, but just say agnostic now, only because I couln't care less about disproving the existance of a god. I started reading athiest literature, but it was all just anti-religious. I can't see how someone who just doesn't believe in a god puts so much energy into not believing. It's like forming a group who hates football, that meets every Sunday in the fall and talks about how much they hate football. Jeez, just do something else.

Zoe Grace, your post reminded me of something I saw on another website:

I used to call myself an athiest, but just say agnostic now, only because I couln't care less about disproving the existance of a god. I started reading athiest literature, but it was all just anti-religious. I can't see how someone who just doesn't believe in a god puts so much energy into not believing. It's like forming a group who hates football, that meets every Sunday in the fall and talks about how much they hate football. Jeez, just do something else.

:lmao::lmao:

Precisely! Some of us REALLY need a hobby besides Xian bashing!

This site is about RECOVERING, not OBSESSING!

Sorry to hear that, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I've always enjoyed your presence here. Go if you feel you must, even though I'm surely not the only one who'd like you to stay ;)

Guest Roamin' Lion

One can always discuss as opposed to bashing.

One can share without ranting.

And, if you are not upset with now things are, then you are not paying attention. I doubt you are paranoid, just more perceptive. Without Christian myths, reality creeps in, and it is not a pretty sight.

Sometimes I feel like we are only comfortable without strong emotions. We have all become like news anchors, we feel we must smile even though we are talking about massive lay offs or deaths or whatever.

Without Christian myths, reality creeps in, and it is not a pretty sight.

Sometimes I feel like we are only comfortable without strong emotions. We have all become like news anchors, we feel we must smile even though we are talking about massive lay offs or deaths or whatever.

How very true. And the more detached the news anchors, et al, become, the more outrageous those of us who feel strongly seem to be, to ourselves and others.

I'm counting me in my above statement, Zoe.

You are one of those I've liked and admired here, no matter the recent set-to. I know the level of exhaustion these exchanges can create. My hope is that it's just a break you need, and that you'll be back.

Zoe, you'll be missed, but I'm sure you'll be back.

I know the feeling of anger towards religion, and especially Christianity, and I still think it comes partly from an anger we have against ourselves. I feel like a fool that I thought the way I did, that I fought at discussions to somehow prove my faith to be valid, and even more that people should convert. I've realized most of my anger is that I see people being fooled the same way I was, and I know they really can't hear me when I speak to them, because I couldn't when I were them.

My anger is pretty much gone nowdays, because I've accepted that I'm a fool, and I can be wrong, which proves itself over and over again. We are in a learning process, and we just have to realize we are humans, and we don't have all the answers.

The benefit of this site, for me, has been that I can go in the deep ends ranting and letting out anger and frustration, and then go to more light hearted mood, and have fun and be silly. But what I think is the strongest component of this site is that people are straight shooters and most are very honest about their own faults and problems. Just like you tell us now. You see some problems with your own attitude to things, and want to change it. You will change, and you will be back a better person. (not saying you weren't a good person before ;) )

Until next time Zoe...

GODDAMMIT HANS!  How well you know me lol.  I'll really bet Reach is starting a Pool...I leave here more than most people lol.

I think I starting to see a pattern in people here.

The emotions sometimes gets to a boiling point, some members declare they're leaving, then after a short while, they're back because the drug (website) has made them addicts, and the withdrawal is so bad, it it's worse than just being on board and trying to work things out. :)

It's a strange place, this site. It's our Jerusalem, full of many kinds of people and many different relics from past times. The clashing of cultures and emotions can't be avoided, and is IMO actually necessary to work the issues out.

Besides, you know I will miss you, and you will feel so guilty and miserable not to be here and enlighten my day!

See, this is why it's important to have something else to do, so that when emotions run too high here you can go do something else. For myself, I have a long day-job of unintellectual, uninspiring, observation and measuring chemicles.

Might I suggest knitting for those who are unsure of something else to do? The world absolutely needs more striped scarves and potholders. :grin:

Might I suggest knitting for those who are unsure of something else to do?  The world absolutely needs more striped scarves and potholders.  :grin:

Yeah. We need the potholders for the black pots and kettles... :)

'Cause they seem to be pretty frequently mentioned in our threads... :grin:

goddammit...so much for a nice neat exit.  Fuck it.  I'm addicted to Ex-C...I'm just goign to try to avoid the debate section and possibly the ranty section for awhile.

Love you Zoe...whether or not you leave.

Zoe, do what you need or have to do. I should probably leave to but ahh, I have decideed that THIS SITE is not the problem. But I guess we'll have to keep an eye out for your stuff in TOT eh? :grin:

Hey, I love having you around here. Go for a bit if you want. Oh, and I am perfectly willing to be the ExC Bookie for pools on the boards here.