Goodbye Jesus

Weird dreams about xtianity

spidermonkey

So I occasionally have the wacky dream that results in me tossing and turning like a dying fish....

Last night I had this dream that it was October and my mom and I were in the airport, ready to leave on our vacation. We got separated in this HUGE airport (I don't like airports to begin with, btw) and I got scared, so I got down on my knees, prayed, and spoke in tongues to calm myself down.

Um....WHAT? Last time I did anything remotely resembling public prayer and tongue-babbling, Bill Clinton was the president. So yeah, it's been a while. I'd love for this shit to get out of my head once and for all!

On a more serious note, I've been going to therapy for the past couple of months for random assorted issues (unresolved church ones included). Guess what tends to come up in conversation more often than I anticipated? Three guesses and the first two don't count. Is a five-year-old faith skeleton in the closet supposed to cause this much grief? Geez.

On a more serious note, I've been going to therapy for the past couple of months for random assorted issues (unresolved church ones included). Guess what tends to come up in conversation more often than I anticipated? Three guesses and the first two don't count.  Is a five-year-old faith skeleton in the closet supposed to cause this much grief? Geez.

Sorry to hear you're still battling the phantom. My lingering issues with faith are not about faith, but about how others are dealing with my apostasy. It drives me nuts to hear the relentless Jebus babble crap.

At least you're doing the right thing by talking it out not only here, but face to face with others as well. As long as you don't think about it too much, Christianity (and other religions) offers nice sounding easy answers to the hard questions. It's tough to go from thinking you have all the answers to realizing that not only did you not have them, but no-one else does either.

Hang in there!

It's tough to go from thinking you have all the answers to realizing that not only did you not have them, but no-one else does either.

That's called "growing up" into adulthood! :grin:

I heard someone say this once, "I wouldn't have been in such a hurry to become an adult, if I had known the whole thing was 'ad-libbed'."

Sorry for the short post,

I read the headline too fast. I thought you said “Wet Dreams” about Christianity.

Never mind.

IBF

So I occasionally have the wacky dream that results in me tossing and turning like a dying fish....

Last night I had this dream that it was October and my mom and I were in the airport, ready to leave on our vacation.  We got separated in this HUGE airport (I don't like airports to begin with, btw) and I got scared, so I got down on my knees, prayed, and spoke in tongues to calm myself down.

Um....WHAT? Last time I did anything remotely resembling public prayer and tongue-babbling, Bill Clinton was the president.  So yeah, it's been a while. I'd love for this shit to get out of my head once and for all!

On a more serious note, I've been going to therapy for the past couple of months for random assorted issues (unresolved church ones included). Guess what tends to come up in conversation more often than I anticipated? Three guesses and the first two don't count.  Is a five-year-old faith skeleton in the closet supposed to cause this much grief? Geez.

You're being called back to the faith..its a message from the Great Beyond! Repent, in the name of the lord!!

Sorry..that just came out. As I read your dream, an image of the Left Behind movie popped into my head..the airport scene, of course..

It eventually lessens and goes away. I've found things like this come up at more stressful times.

As a Christian, one believed that even in stressful times that god had it all under control, we didn't have to worry about it or even really "do" much about it.

Without that crutch..we do have to face and fix whatever comes up..on our own. That can be scary and even more stressful than whatever the issue was to begin with.

I've only had one Jesus dream in two years..and it was two years ago. I don't remember the whole thing, but in the dream, I told a couple of friends "Fuck Jesus."

Hang in there..deprogramming takes a while.. :kiss:

You're getting rid of beliefs you've held for years so detoxing is going to be a long process. Be patient with yourself and don't expect to dump all that religious sewage out your brain at once.

Yep...some Christians love the Lord a little too much...

Yeah. If they want THAT kind of relationship with their deity, they should try Zeus instead. Of course, then they have to deal with all sorts of bizarre kinks. (Bestiality, golden showers....)

Last night I had this dream that it was October and my mom and I were in the airport, ready to leave on our vacation.  We got separated in this HUGE airport (I don't like airports to begin with, btw) and I got scared, so I got down on my knees, prayed, and spoke in tongues to calm myself down.

Um....WHAT? Last time I did anything remotely resembling public prayer and tongue-babbling, Bill Clinton was the president.  So yeah, it's been a while. I'd love for this shit to get out of my head once and for all!

It is about a year ago, that I started to think about myself as an ex-christian, and two times I have had "Christian" dreams.

First time I thought it was the big asshole above calling me to come back. It was really weired, I do not remember the exact dream, but I went to bed thinking that I probably was an atheist, and then I woke up next morning convinced that God still was right by my side. It delayed my deconversion.

Second time was about a month ago. In this dream I sang a praise song together with some of my family, and then I again had the feeling that God was right by my side.

If there is some kind of a god, it is certainly not the Christian one. He is an asshole manipulating and destroying people. So I still need some deprogramming.