Goodbye Jesus

Appealing decisions on christianforums.com

Poonis

Currently,

I have 4 appeals pending at http://www.christianforums.com/f410-staff-appeals.html for posts and threads that I have been involved in.

Has anyone else successfully appealed a moderator's decision here?

I soon feel I will be swamped in some quasi-weird cyber-legal appeals process and will have no time to post anything anymore in this webforum.

Should I just give up posting there, or wait for appeals to go through?

If a website's moderators don't allow all sides to post in a debate, it's not really worth posting there, IMHO.

If a website's moderators don't allow all sides to post in a debate, it's not really worth posting there, IMHO.

I agree with Amethyst on this one... Its just not worth it, let them stay in the buble of lies and miscomceptions when they relized how empty their belief is they will come around. there is really not point in it (maybe I am just a little jaded)

anyhoo that's my $0.02

--Jester

Currently,

I have 4 appeals pending at http://www.christianforums.com/f410-staff-appeals.html for posts and threads that I have been involved in.

Has anyone else successfully appealed a moderator's decision here?

I soon feel I will be swamped in some quasi-weird cyber-legal appeals process and will have no time to post anything anymore in this webforum.

Should I just give up posting there, or wait for appeals to go through?

I've appealed successfully and unsuccessfuly.

I'm currently at my last warning though... :)

I've got two warnings left. The irony is the owner of the site recently spanked the moderators for being heavy handed.

I've got two warnings left.  The irony is the owner of the site recently spanked the moderators for being heavy handed.

yea...they were a buncha assholes. Now they sometimes ask me to edit my own posts.

Wow. You guys are either very tolerant, or very masochistic! I can't even lurk on that forum without getting ill. I can't imagine POSTING there, AND debating, AND dealing with appeals for my posts?

<<<<shudder!!!>>>>

Dealing with the few Xians on THIS forum is more than I can take.

More power to you!!! :grin:

(Or should I say, "May the farce be with you"?)

Seems I got another warning tonight. Some time ago I told a xtian that his assertion that xianity alone teaches grace was a lie. The moderator said that "calling a christian a liar is flaming". Now I didn't call him a "liar", I said "that is a lie" to his assertion. Big difference, but in the fundy mindset, if a person commits a sin, then that sin describes his character. If a fundy tells a lie, then he is a liar. Likewise, for me to say a fundy is telling a lie, in their mind, its the same as calling him a liar.

I made the appeal, but I don't hold out hope. I've pissed off key fundies there, and there is a price on me.

Shit... I'd probably last around 30 secs over there...

It'd take me longer to register. :Wendywhatever:

I've received a couple of "unofficial" warnings over there, both of which I tried to appeal/expunge from my record, to no avail. Since they are "unofficial" they are not "technically" on your record, even though mods can see how many unofficials you've received, which will sway them in issuing warnings. And since they are "unofficial" you are unable to official appeal them.

:Wendywhatever:

The site owner does not handle the day to day moderation, but caught wind of the heavy-handed moderation and is working through a reform right now. I've had the opportunity to chat with him on occassion and am currently coordinating his Armory Section. He's actually a pretty cool guy and I believe, rather tolerant despite all the rules and regulations over there.

My appeal was denied. Only took them a day; I'm sure they really thought over my case.

He's actually a pretty cool guy and I believe, rather tolerant despite all the rules and regulations over there.

Comparing his site to pretty much all the other christian sites I know, I say you're right. ;)

Well that does it. I am now officially permanently banned from christianforums.com

I had filed 5 appeals, one for each of their complaints with what I have written.

I cannot even view the main page now; banned by IP and not just member name.

All my appeals have been deleted.

What was I banned for? My member name 'Poonis'. As I am told, it means 'poontang' and 'penis' and is therefore a grave sin.

[anger-management]

Fuck em. Fuck all those cocksuckers willfully choking to death on God's big scaly pecker. I hope they drink that black worm jizzum till it comes out their eyes, ears, and nose.

[/anger-management]

Well that does it. I am now officially permanently banned from christianforums.com

I had filed 5 appeals, one for each of their complaints with what I have written.

I cannot even view the main page now; banned by IP and not just member name.

All my appeals have been deleted.

What was I banned for? My member name 'Poonis'. As I am told, it means 'poontang' and 'penis' and is therefore a grave sin.

[anger-management]

Fuck em. Fuck all those cocksuckers willfully choking to death on God's big scaly pecker. I hope they drink that black worm jizzum till it comes out their eyes, ears, and nose.

[/anger-management]

So what does your name mean? :)

So what does your name mean?  :)

I wanted something different, and it just sounded neat at the time. For 3-4 years now it has stuck. Doesn't mean anything, as far as I know.

Geez. Sounds like they are paranoid. What, do they only allow you to post there if you have a user name like ILUVJESUS or something?

:ugh:

Geez.  Sounds like they are paranoid.  What, do they only allow you to post there if you have a user name like ILUVJESUS or something?

:ugh:

Amazingly enough there is a mod there called that.

If you want insight into the feelings about christianforums.com there is a thread that has been going on for what seems like years on the iidb forums with comments from Moderators, Christians and Atheists who frequent there. You'll find it in the 'elsewhere' forums if you're interested.

Actually, I just recently go a post deleted. What was it? A purely factual anatomical/pysiological description. Someone mentioned that young boys get "random" erections based purely on the time of the day. I corrected this by expanding it to make it factually correct. It was deleted for being "explicit and adult orientated." The fact that there was nothing at all erotic was besides the point.

One of the reasons given for the deletion was that there were pre-teen and young teen members who post. Well... hello?! At least half of them already know this from personal experience and I would venture to say at least some of the girl members who had experience working with babies would not be shocked by this. Talk about having your head in the sand.

So, if it's anything at all which might possibly relate to sex (*gasp* I can't believe I said that word)... yeah they're going to delete it.

Amazingly enough there is a mod there called that.

Why am I not surprised?

Actually, I just recently go a post deleted. What was it? A purely factual anatomical/pysiological description. Someone mentioned that young boys get "random" erections based purely on the time of the day. I corrected this by expanding it to make it factually correct. It was deleted for being "explicit and adult orientated." The fact that there was nothing at all erotic was besides the point.

This also does not surprise me. Most Christians don't want to hear anything remotely related to er...sexual anatomy. Whether or not it is factually correct doesn't seem to make a difference.