Goodbye Jesus

Jesus the Jew

Guest aexapo

Guest aexapo

The "Stupid Christian of the Year" award goes to a former co-worker of mine who, when several of us were chatting about the mysteries of the universe, decided to bomb us with not only with her ignorance, but her latent anti-semitism as well.

"I find it hard to believe," she started, "that Jesus was a Jew! I mean, off all the races he could have been, I can't believe he was a Jew! I mean, was that just a coincidence or something?"

Of course, most of my co-workers just sat there blank faced -- it was me, the gay atheist that had to explain it to her, that according to mythology that she still had a belief in, that Jesus was a Jew . . . on purpose!

Too bad you didn't say, "I wouldn't get too worked up over a book of fiction."

...and then just walk off.

I would've said to that ignorent-ass woman...."And can you believe the man was black too?" :lmao::loser:

The "Stupid Christian of the Year" award goes to a former co-worker of mine who, when several of us were chatting about the mysteries of the universe, decided to bomb us with not only with her ignorance, but her latent anti-semitism as well.

"I find it hard to believe," she started, "that Jesus was a Jew!  I mean, off all the races he could have been, I can't believe he was a Jew!  I mean, was that just a coincidence or something?"

Of course, most of my co-workers just sat there blank faced -- it was me, the gay atheist that had to explain it to her, that according to mythology that she still had a belief in, that Jesus was a Jew . . . on purpose!

... Is she blond by chance?

Does she know that all the apostles and Paul too were Jews?

And Moses was an Israelite? And David, and Joshua, and ...

She probably can't even spell "Bible", she surely has never read it...

Q - Have you read the Bible yet?

A - Nah. I decided to wait for the movie instead.

:lmao:

There are no words. I wonder if she realizes the Jews also share the Old Testament with her off-shoot of Judaism?

Guest aexapo

There are no words.  I wonder if she realizes the Jews also share the Old Testament with her off-shoot of Judaism?

Yeah, I had to go into all that with her: "Uh, you know the whole old testament is about the Jew-God? No Jew-God, no 'son-of-god.'" She didn't have the intellectual curiosity to remain interested.

To the other poster; actually, she was black, and I think was seeking a way to identify more closely with her Savior . . . which was a little touching, but I so wanted to say something like, "You don't really want this God! He's not as harmless and loving as they make him out to be. Make up your own!"

... Is she blond by chance?

Does she know that all the apostles and Paul too were Jews?

And Moses was an Israelite? And David, and Joshua, and ...

She probably can't even spell "Bible", she surely has never read it...

Q - Have you read the Bible yet?

A - Nah. I decided to wait for the movie instead.

Uuuhhhhh, B...I.....B.....A.....L

:HaHa:

Uuuhhhhh, B...I.....B.....A.....L

:HaHa:

Very good little Dulce, you win a little golden star that we put up here on our "score chart"...

Did anyone have that in Sunday School? We did. Good acts, remember verses from last Sunday etc, earned small Gold or Silver Stars on a big board...

Indoctrination and brainwashing techniques!

Actually, I thought it was spelled: B.A.B.B.L.E.

Very good little Dulce, you win a little golden star that we put up here on our "score chart"...

Did anyone have that in Sunday School? We did. Good acts, remember verses from last Sunday etc, earned small Gold or Silver Stars on a big board...

I remember them...

Weird how I always had the most. :scratch:

I remember them...

Weird how I always had the most. :scratch:

I bet you were one of the guys that managed to get a hold of a sheet of the stars, and in secrecy put on some extra there when the teacher didn't see... :grin:

Seriously, isn't it strange to think back to something like that, and remember that you were one of the best students. I was. Not always number one, but among the top ones.

I bet you were one of the guys that managed to get a hold of a sheet of the stars, and in secrecy put on some extra there when the teacher didn't see... :grin:

Seriously, isn't it strange to think back to something like that, and remember that you were one of the best students. I was. Not always number one, but among the top ones.

I'm the one who decided it was all a crock of shit when I was 8...

Still had to go though, so I thought I might as well show up the rest of them. (like I had anything better to do... :shrug: )

To the other poster; actually, she was black, and I think was seeking a way to identify more closely with her Savior . .

Not anymore! On behalf of all my fellow sistas, I'm hereby revoking her race card!

:nono:

I'm the one who decided it was all a crock of shit when I was 8...

Still had to go though, so I thought I might as well show up the rest of them. (like I had anything better to do... :shrug: )

Good for you. You didn't have to spend most of your life searching for an answer that didn't exist, persistantly fighting windmills.

Actually, I thought it was spelled: B.A.B.B.L.E.

Wow, I'd forgotten about the stars. I rarely spent during the week time to learn Bible verses. Instead I would go maybe 4th or 5th. I would wait for others to say the verses and I would learn them that way. It worked for me. The things I remember actually spending time on were the apostles creed and the 23rd Psalm. And then it was only because I was at my aunt's house visiting and she pretty much made me.

Guest aexapo

All you Sunday School memorizers were LUCKY!!! My church had a "church school" (like homeschool, but with all your sunday school classmates 5 days a week learning reading, writing, and speaking with the risen Christ). I had to friggin' learn entire chapters and quote them in front of the entire class at least once a month -- I think it was about 10-12 times a school year. I endured that from 5th to 12th grade -- I loved it back then, I thought I was avoiding being beheaded by the anti-Christ . . . of course, I realized a few short years later, while in college, that it was all a horrendous mistake.

All you Sunday School memorizers were LUCKY!!!  My church had a "church school" (like homeschool, but with all your sunday school classmates 5 days a week learning reading, writing, and speaking with the risen Christ).  I had to friggin' learn entire chapters and quote them in front of the entire class at least once a month -- I think it was about 10-12 times a school year.  I endured that from 5th to 12th grade -- I loved it back then, I thought I was avoiding being beheaded by the anti-Christ . . . of course, I realized a few short years later, while in college, that it was all a horrendous mistake.

They used to have that in Sweden too, all kids had to do it, my granparents (not alive anymore) had to do that, learn large pieces of the chapters. And they priests were NOT NICE! They beat the crap out of the kids if they couldn't repeat it word by word.