Goodbye Jesus

Do You Still Belive In Prayer?

LastKing

• Super Moderator

Of course not.

God never answered prayers when I thought he was real.

Guest Freepagan

I do not believe in prayer.

My brother decided to buy a car for me as a Christmas present. People at work decided to give me furniture from their house when they discovered that I was moving into my first apartment. Did I pray for these things? No.

My mom broke her leg some years ago. She underwent surgery and occupational therapy. She is now walking again because of the actions of the medical professionals, not because of prayer.

I could go on and on, but you get the point.

Nope.

It didn't work when I was a believer, and it won't work now. I'll still run things over in my mind when I'm on a long walk, but I'm not asking some sky daddy to intervene. Instead, I'm just trying to brainstorm and think through an issue.

No. Prayer to who? or what? There is no point to it. It is a waste of breath, thought and time.

Absolutely I believe in the power of prayer! I spend at least an hour a day in prayer with the Lard, praying in the understanding and in the Spook. I pray for our leaders, for the pastor of my church - the Church of Kryasst - and I pray for the unslaved around me who are in the grips of spiritual deception because of the diabolical actions of the Talking Snake. I call the things that are not as though they were, and I engage the Enemy in glorious battle, fighting for the inner spooks of men, as the Lard wills it. I put on the Whole Armor of Gawd so that I can stand against the wiles of the Enemy, standing Victorious with Kryasst! He is LARD, and with Him nothing is impossible! Glory!

Seriously, no, I don't pray and don't believe in prayer. The only benefit I see in prayer is that it makes the person praying feel good and it makes them feel like they are doing something, even if the reality is that they are doing nothing.

Believe in prayer? No. At least not in the sense of praying to a supreme being or such. But I do think it has a psychological effect on people who exercise it. They make themselves feel a bit better about things, so I do believe it can have an effect on people in that sense.