Goodbye Jesus

Do we need the Bible and God to be Moral?

Ouroboros

I see you down there TJR666. A penny for your thoughts?

That's a high price to pay for what you'd get...

Do we need the Bible and God to be Moral?
Like a fish needs a bicycle.

No, no, no. It's supposed to read, "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle." :lmao:

Isn't morality just a man made concept anyway? In nature lions kill wildebeasts as part of the cycle of life. We do the same thing with farm animals. Everything else is in place so that societal structures can exist. African tribes used to make those who broke the rules leave the tribe for a period of time. We shun, shame, lock up, or otherwise punish behavior that disrupts societal structure. The difference between logical morality and religious morality is that they try and moralize natural human nature, creating sin where there really isn't any. No harm, no foul I say.

Isn't morality just a man made concept anyway?  In nature lions kill wildebeasts as part of the cycle of life.  We do the same thing with farm animals.  Everything else is in place so that societal structures can exist.  African tribes used to make those who broke the rules leave the tribe for a period of time.  We shun, shame, lock up, or otherwise punish behavior that disrupts societal structure.  The difference between logical morality and religious morality is that they try and moralize natural human nature, creating sin where there really isn't any.  No harm, no foul I say.

I think we must reason on what is harm instead of knowing already what is harm and that will take empathy on our part. A never ending process.

No, no, no.  It's supposed to read, "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle."  :lmao:
I know... I know... but it's such a funny saying that I kind of swiped it when making a funny about religion.

Guest gamer4halo

The bible dosn't even say we need god to know right and wrong. Remember if everything went right then we never would have eaten the forbidden fruit. So biblically speaking we need Lucifer to know right from wrong/good from evil. :grin:

Hey Board,

From my perspective, I don't think you need God to be ethical. Some of my closest friends are very moral non-Christians.

Peace!

BtR

Hey Board,

From my perspective, I don't think you need God to be ethical. Some of my closest friends are very moral non-Christians.

Peace!

BtR

Such a pity that they'll burn in the same fire as the evil ones. :wicked:

Such a pity that they'll burn in the same fire as the evil ones. :wicked:

Or worse, burn with all the other decent people that don't belive in the Xtian god while mass murders, rapists, pedophile get a ticket to heaven becuase they repented at the last minute.

I think that most christian would answer like BTR just did. Their bible even tells them that people can live by the law without the word in Romans 2. Some would even argue it was programmed into us by god.

So, it really doesn't make a difference what is argued because the christian will always fall back on assumption number 1...god exists.