Goodbye Jesus

Drugs, Religion And The Bible

PandaPirate

I don't know where else to put this topic!

I've read about the Sacred Mushroom and have come across sites like Gnositc Media www.gnosticmedia.com that talk about entheogens and religion.

This is pretty bizarre stuff!!!

Anyway, this website (if you can call it that) has some ideas that stretch OUT THERE. You've got to read this!

http://www.hiddenmeanings.com/Sermon621110907.htm

• Super Moderator

That is truly a bizarre site. Thanks for posting it.

Psychedelics (and other drugs) have a venerated history in religion. The suppositions made by the author make as much sense as any other theory I've read.

Moses was a stoner. Explains a lot.

That is truly a bizarre site. Thanks for posting it.

Psychedelics (and other drugs) have a venerated history in religion. The suppositions made by the author make as much sense as any other theory I've read.

Moses was a stoner. Explains a lot.

There is actually a website called Gnostic Media that tears down the Jesus Myth very well. It also purports that Moses was trippin' when he saw the Burning Bush. They wrote a book about Entheogens and Shamanism. Pretty wild stuff.

I think the link is gnosticmedia.com if I'm not mistaken.

SIBERIA

In eastern Siberia, the shaman would consume the mushrooms, and others would drink his urine. This urine, still containing active hallucinogens may actually be more potent than the A. muscaria mushrooms with fewer negative effects, such as sweating and twitching, suggesting that the initial user may act as a screening filter for other components in the mushroom. Among the Koryak, one report held the poor would consume the urine of the wealthy, who could afford to buy the mushrooms. If a fly agaric is eaten, it is usually not fresh, but in its dried or cooked form, where ibotenic acid is converted to the more stable and far less poisonous muscimol.

SHAMANS

A. muscaria was widely used as a hallucinogenic drug by many of the indigenous peoples of Siberia. Its use was known among almost all of the Uralic-speaking peoples of western Siberia and the Paleosiberian-speaking peoples of eastern Siberia. However, there are only isolated reports of A. muscaria use among the Tungusic and Turkic peoples of central Siberia, and it is believed that hallucinogenic use of A. muscaria was largely not a practice of these peoples. In western Siberia, the use of A. muscaria was restricted to shamans, who used it as an alternate method of achieving a trance state. (Normally, Siberian shamans achieve a trance state by prolonged drumming and dancing.) In eastern Siberia, A. muscaria was used by both shamans and laypeople alike, and was used recreationally as well as religiously.

CHRISTIANITY

John Marco Allegro argues in The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross that the Christian religion is derived from a sex and psychedelic mushroom cult, although his theory has found little support by scholars outside the field of ethnomycology. In Magic Mushrooms in Religion and Alchemy (formerly called Strange Fruit) Clark Heinrich interprets A. muscaria usage by Adam and Eve, Moses, Elijah and Elisha, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Jonah, Jesus, and his disciples, and John of Patmos[Heinrich, Clark. Magic Mushrooms in Religion and Alchemy. Park Street Press, pp 64 - 134. ISBN 089281997-9]. In the book Apples of Apollo the mushroom is identified in a wide range of mythological tales such as those involving Perseus, Prometheus, Heracles, Jason and the Argonauts, Jesus, and the Holy Grail.

http://wisdomquarterly.blogspot.com/2008/07/blog-post.html