Goodbye Jesus

Woman guilty of beheading children

TexasFreethinker

More parents killing their children because they thought they were possessed. Just how common is this?

Woman guilty of beheading children

After entering plea, she faces three life sentences, deportation

08:14 PM CDT on Thursday, June 30, 2005

Associated Press

BROWNSVILLE, Texas – A woman pleaded guilty to murder Thursday in the beheadings of her three young children and was spared the death penalty in a deal with prosecutors.

Angela Camacho, 25, will receive three concurrent life prison sentences and will be eligible for parole in 40 years.

She and her common-law husband, 24-year-old John Allen Rubio, were accused of strangling and decapitating Julissa Quezada, 3; John Esthefan Rubio, 1; and Mary Jane Rubio, 2 months, in 2003. They said they thought the children were possessed.

Mr. Rubio was convicted in 2003 and sentenced to death after he requested that sentence. He has since decided to fight it, and in February he was found competent to choose his attorney for the appeal.

According to evidence during Mr. Rubio's trial, he had inhaled so much spray paint that he had damaged his brain and might have been psychotic.

Alberto Pullen, one of Ms. Camacho's attorneys, said she would face deportation after she serves her sentence. She is a Mexican citizen.

From the Dallas Morning News

Well Xtians that belive in posession....I suppose you think this is ok? Maybe this was god helping them cast out the demons and securing thier children's place in heaven?

Guest ElGuapo

This actually happened not far from where I live. I think the important element to this story is the drug abuse rather than the religion. From what I've learned from the local media these two adults were heavy abusers. Anyone familar with junkies knows how delusional they can become.

Without the influence of religion, maybe they would not hallucinate demons?

Guest ElGuapo
Without the influence of religion, maybe they would not hallucinate demons?

The point is they hallucinated. They probably would have done the same thing if they had hallucinated werewoves.

Point.

A shame that other Xtian's did not pray for this couple's troubles. Or...maybe they did and we got the usual result of prayer...that is, no result.

Why is consideration of a persons religious views ("thought they were posessed") in any way relevant to the case? If they understood what they were doing and did it - that should be the only consideration.

To consider their religious views is breaching the wall of separation of church and state IMHO.

Guest Priapus

About a week ago here in Washington DC we had a 6 year old boy found bound hands and feet and drowned in a bathtub. Seemed he had some demon issues which prompted his mother to respond with this treatment.

As a parent and former Christian, I want her to die, is what I want. But I'm sure someone will cry political/economic/ethnic/psychological disenfranchisement and get her out of jail and let her regain custody of her 18-month old daughter.

More parents killing their children because they thought they were possessed.  Just how common is this?

From the Dallas Morning News

What? It could be true. You guys don't know all the facts. The kids could have been possessed. :shrug:

Hey, killing them sends them to heaven didn't you know (only certain sects need apply).

Yes and no. I really can't stand kids.

That doesn't change the fact that that is an extremely disgusting, heartless comment.

I dislike children. With a passion. Do not expect me to voluntarily remain anywhere near them for more than half an hour unless I'm being paid to keep an eye on them. I will never go through the trauma of having any of my own.

But do I say "fuck it" and act like a total bitch when I hear about an innocent, defenseless child being butchered by a parent, or even a stranger? NO. It still breaks my heart when I hear things like that. It hurts me. Because, while I dislike children, I would never, never, even at my lowest, my cruelest, wish harm upon a child!

And it made you look like a cruel, heartless, inhuman bastard when you posted that ignorant comment.

Guest ElGuapo
That doesn't change the fact that that is an extremely disgusting, heartless comment.

I dislike children. With a passion. Do not expect me to voluntarily remain anywhere near them for more than half an hour unless I'm being paid to keep an eye on them. I will never go through the trauma of having any of my own.

But do I say "fuck it" and act like a total bitch when I hear about an innocent, defenseless child being butchered by a parent, or even a stranger? NO. It still breaks my heart when I hear things like that. It hurts me. Because, while I dislike children, I would never, never, even at my lowest, my cruelest, wish harm upon a child!

And it made you look like a cruel, heartless, inhuman bastard when you posted that ignorant comment.

Well, I'll plead guilty to being a heartless bastard. While I would never harm a child, I'm not going to get all worked up over the ill forune of someone I've never met. It's too bad, but it doesn't affect me any more than the thousands of other tragedies that happened on planet Earth today.

Well, I'll plead guilty to being a heartless bastard. While I would never harm a child, I'm not going to get all worked up over the ill forune of someone I've never met. It's too bad, but it doesn't affect me any more than the thousands of other tragedies that happened on planet Earth today.

There's a difference between saying, "I'm a heartless bastard, and I can't be bothered to get upset over a stranger's tragedy", and saying "Fuck kids. The less of them, the better", which is pretty much what you said. There is a difference between being a touch callous, and being inhuman.

Honestly, get over yourself. It's people like you that perpetuate the stereotype that most of us non-Christians labor under, as well as man, many others.

Guest ElGuapo
Honestly, get over yourself. It's people like you that perpetuate the stereotype that most of us non-Christians labor under, as well as man, many others.

Well I wouldn't want to inconvience you.

you wrote:

What? It could be true. You guys don't know all the facts. The kids could have been possessed.

hahaha I laughed at that... its true what if it was like in The Ring or Frailty

why would you bring up your children in a religion that can play on someone's mind and cause them to hurt young babies this way? this just boggles my mind.