Goodbye Jesus

Throwing Down The Gauntlet

Tabula Rasa

Forgive the big letters, but I'm making it plain to any who read this how serious I am. I just said the words and now I make it official.

I DENY THE DIVINITY AND EXISTENCE OF YAHWEH!

I DENY THE DIVINITY AND EXISTENCE OF JESUS CHRIST!

AND MOST OF ALL I DENY THE DIVINITY AND EXISTENCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT!

Done. If I'm damned, I'm damned.

If there is a God who will damn his children forever, I would rather go to hell than to go to heaven and keep the society of such an infamous tyrant. I make my choice now. I despise that doctrine. It has covered the cheeks of this world with tears. It has polluted the hearts of children, and poisoned the imaginations of men.... What right have you, sir, Mr. clergyman, you, minister of the gospel to stand at the portals of the tomb, at the vestibule of eternity, and fill the future with horror and with fear? I do not believe this doctrine, neither do you. If you did, you could not sleep one moment. Any man who believes it, and has within his breast a decent, throbbing heart, will go insane. A man who believes that doctrine and does not go insane has the heart of a snake and the conscience of a hyena.

-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "The Liberty Of All" (1877)

Good. After all, everyone knows nowadays that His real name is Brian of Nazareth :lmao:

:whs:

(Why isn't that movie required viewing?)

mwc

I do not believe this doctrine, neither do you. If you did, you could not sleep one moment. Any man who believes it, and has within his breast a decent, throbbing heart, will go insane.

I did believe in the holey bibly. The holy spirit told me how to live. Unfortunately he gave me mentally and emotionally destructive information. And I didn't sleep for months. Not to forget, I did go insane. That was the only way I could believe in it. It amazes me that millions of people believe this junk. I had a reason. What reason do they have?

See Pat Condell deny the holy spirit:

Fucking excellent post. That is pure, unadulterated anger right there. Awesome job, Tabula Rasa.

Excellent post.

(Why isn't that movie required viewing?)

In my student days it was, unofficially. Whenever we were through with the year's curriculum already but still had some time to kill before term's end, especially in religion classes, the students were sure to suggest watching... a certain movie... and go figure, more than a few religion teachers went along with it and laughed just as loud as we did :lmao:

That said, the reason why that reply above occured to me is that, after a loooong time of looking for it, I finally was able to secure it for me on DVD! Glory to da lard! :fdevil:

(Well I never personally checked out Amazon or similar, but friends and colleagues had and were unable to find it anywhere...)

I need to watch it in English sometime soon, just to see whether Pilatus has similarly funny speech impediments in there :)

That said, the reason why that reply above occured to me is that, after a loooong time of looking for it, I finally was able to secure it for me on DVD! Glory to da lard! :fdevil:

I saw this movie on a pirate Betamax back in the early 80's. There was no other way to see it...at all. Oddly enough the irony didn't really sink in until much later (laughed my ass off though) and I showed the movie to my wife (she didn't get any of the humor and barely cracked a smile during the whole thing...she liked when they sang on the crosses which is quite catchy) while I nearly wet myself.

I need to watch it in English sometime soon, just to see whether Pilatus has similarly funny speech impediments in there :)

He does (a lisp as I recall). What that is in German I don't know.

mwc

Just a lisp? That's pathetic! :fdevil:

In the German version he does several things that combined make his appearances pretty much the funniest parts of the whole movie. Well, the same goes for his good old friend "Schwanzus Longus" (Dickus Longus? What's his name in English?)

To state the perhaps best example: He once commands his centurio to "Chleudere den Purschen zu Poten!" When the correct spelling would be "Schleudere den Burschen zu Boden!". Of course written words can't really come close to how it sounds, but you get an impression. Suffice it to say he sounds like he's an idiot and totally stoned :lmao:

Just a lisp? That's pathetic! :fdevil:

In the German version he does several things that combined make his appearances pretty much the funniest parts of the whole movie. Well, the same goes for his good old friend "Schwanzus Longus" (Dickus Longus? What's his name in English?)

To state the perhaps best example: He once commands his centurio to "Chleudere den Purschen zu Poten!" When the correct spelling would be "Schleudere den Burschen zu Boden!". Of course written words can't really come close to how it sounds, but you get an impression. Suffice it to say he sounds like he's an idiot and totally stoned :lmao:

Lisp really wasn't the best word to describe it either. You do have to just watch. Here's the English clip on YouTube.

mwc

Lisp really wasn't the best word to describe it either. You do have to just watch.

Have watched the beginning of it. I was too disappointed to continue through to the next scene. This movie is one of the rare cases where the German dub is much more impressive than the original :lmao:

His english name is "Biggus Dickus"

..he has a wife you know... :grin:

...you know how they call her?

*tries desperately to not break out into hysterical laughter on a Sun's day morning on 9:30 am...* :)