Goodbye Jesus

I think I may be a theist or a deist now

bluewizard

I was just an atheist out of rebellion against Christianity, I didn't look at the other religions, but Judaism makes the most sense to me and I believe in it and in God, but I am not following the rules of Judaism, I may convert, but I'm a free person, I'm going to practice Judaism and LaVeyan Satanism, I believe God gave the Torah to humans but I don't give a shit and he can kiss my ass. I'm living life the way I want to, do I sound like a deist or a theist?

If you believe in the OT god and practice Satanism, then I would have to define you as a Satanist. The fact is, the Bible, OT and NT, are simply collections of ancient myths and legends. The Torah is NOT the word of god, any god, but should be considered historical fiction. Ex Christian minister Darrell W Conder goes into great detail on his website.

Darrell W Conder

Guest JP1283
I was just an atheist out of rebellion against Christianity, I didn't look at the other religions, but Judaism makes the most sense to me and I believe in it and in God, but I am not following the rules of Judaism, I may convert, but I'm a free person, I'm going to practice Judaism and LaVeyan Satanism, I believe God gave the Torah to humans but I don't give a shit and he can kiss my ass.  I'm living life the way I want to, do I sound like a deist or a theist?

You sound like a theist to me. Deists believe in a higher power that ceated everything and then basically backed off to let things play out. If you believe in the OT God, you're definitely theist.

If you believe in the OT god and practice Satanism, then I would have to define you as a Satanist.  The fact is, the Bible, OT and NT, are simply collections of ancient myths and legends.  The Torah is NOT the word of god, any god, but should be considered historical fiction.  Ex Christian minister Darrell W Conder goes into great detail on his website.

Darrell W Conder

As always Man fucks up God's religon. :lmao: Just playing around.

You sound like a theist to me.  Deists believe in a higher power that ceated everything and then basically backed off to let things play out.  If you believe in the OT God, you're definitely theist.

I was talking to some people, Jews and Pagans, and they said my views didn't sound like a theist cause I have a theory that intertwines evolution and creationism together, God created Adam, but he was a monkey then he evolved inot a human. :grin: Some say I sound like a deist. :shrug:

Guest JP1283
I was talking to some people, Jews and Pagans, and they said my views didn't sound like a theist cause I have a theory that intertwines evolution and creationism together, God created Adam, but he was a monkey then he evolved inot a human. :grin:   Some say I sound like a deist. :shrug:

You're not deist because you're still following a religion, albeit you're twisting it to fit your own idea.

Aren't deists theists?

Aren't deists theists?

I would say that there are areas of overlap, but they aren't the same thing. Kinda like agnostics & atheists.

Question. And I am not trying to belittle you, I have posted and have tried to help in your other posts. This is for you to think on.

Why does labels mean so much to you? Does it matter what label is put on you? Or what label you put on yourself? You are finding your own path, as I am. Do labels really matter? I have learned in the last few days, that calling myself a witch is putting a label on myself. Why bother?

I think the more important questions are:

Am I happy with my path? Does my path make me content? Does it feel right to you?

For some, no path is the right path. Only YOU can answer these questions for yourself. Do what is right for you and don't worry so much on the labels.

I believe God gave the Torah to humans ... do I sound like a deist or a theist?

Sounds like theism to me. But does it really matter?

Sounds like theism to me.  But does it really matter?

No, there's always the chance all religions are lies anyways, so :shrug:

Sounds like theism to me.  But does it really matter?

Doesn't matter to me. I think in the end, it won't matter that much either.