Goodbye Jesus

Couple Faces Prison After

Fweethawt

Dave posted this on the main page of the site.

I put it here to make sure more people see it. :mellow:

Couple Faces Prison After Shunning Medical Care For Baby

POSTED: 10:52 am EDT July 25, 2005

FRANKLIN, Ind. -- A couple convicted of reckless homicide for relying on prayer instead of medical care for their seriously ill newborn say they would do so again if a similar situation arose.

Dewayne and Maleta Schmidt's daughter, Rhianna, died from an infection typically treated with antibiotics less than two days after she was born at the couple's rural Indiana home.

The Schmidts, who were convicted in May, will be sentenced Aug. 12 on reckless homicide charges in Rhianna's August 2003 death. They both face two to eight years in prison.

The couple has two other children.

"I thought we lived in a country where I had freedom of religion," Maleta Schmidt said. (NICE TRY MURDERER :vent: )

The church to which the Schmidts belong -- the General Assembly and Church of the Firstborn in Morgantown, Ind. -- advocates prayer and faith healing over medical intervention but does not require members to shun medical care.

FROM HERE

• 1 month later...

Uhh...cause they are brainwashed Christians?

:Doh: God supposedly fed the Jews while they wandered the desert with Moses too. But if there were a Stop&Shop you bet your ass Moses n crew would've been buying manna with a coupon!

All of the xians I know still use medical services over prayer. Granted they claim they 'prayed' to find the right doctor LOL but still!

Well I guess this is another reason showing how straight christian couples are the best choice for raising children. :vent:

PR

When I was a young'n, I lived two doors down from a couple who were extreme Pentecostals. They wouldn't innoculate their kids or deal with doctors. The had to move becuase the county was hassling them about getting their girls immunized for school. Crazy people.

Why do crazy young christian moms, put their babies into Microwaves and then cook their own babies? or do other crazy stuff? Why are they so fucking crazy?

I highlighted the explanation for you. Any more questions? :banghead: <-- reaction to the article

FREEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

:wicked:

I'll gladly explain to every fundie that we still have some dues to pay back, and that we didn't exactly get finished with that at Lindisfarne and many other places after that... :pureevil:

(Aaaah, to dream of having been at Lindisfarne...

...to quote Alcuin of York:

"Lo, it is nearly 350 years that we and our fathers

have inhabited this lovely land, and never before

has such terror appeared in Britain as this we now

suffered from a pagan race...

They stepped on holy places with uncleaned feet

Dug up the altars and plundered all the treasures in the holy curch...

What should be expected for other places

When the divine judgement has not spared this holy place?"

What should be expected indeed?

Fundies of the world, I urgently advise you to memorize the words of old, cried out by your ilk when my brothers in faith were closing in...:

"A furore Normannorum libera nos domine!"

("Deliver us, oh lawd, from the fury of the Northmen!")

(Did they ever tell you that da lawd replied "Fuck off you cowards - scream for your gawd!"? :fdevil: )

God supposedly fed the Jews while they wandered the desert with Moses too. But if there were a Stop&Shop you bet your ass Moses n crew would've been buying manna with a coupon!

Amen, Brother! Glory to GAWD!! Only, I would hope the store would be named Stop&Shout!. Sounds a whole lot more exciting! :woohoo: Glory! :grin: