Goodbye Jesus

Stem Cells Mend Spinal Cords

Biggles7268

Genetically engineered stem cells can help rats’ severed spinal cords grow back together, according to a study published Tuesday.

Rats given the treatment, using stem cells taken from rat embryos, could move their legs again after their spines were severed in the lab, said the researchers’ report in the Journal of Neuroscience.

rest of article here

Wow!

I have worked in spinal cord injury for many years, if this is true then hallelujah!

didn't the Koreans already do this like a year ago with a human?

If they got this to work on humans, it would truly be one of the greatest cures in recent times. Paralyzation is one of the more frightening injuries, in my opinion, and there are millions of paralyzed folk around the planet who would give almost anything to be able to use thier limbs again.

Of course, fundies will still bitch about it.

If they got this to work on humans, it would truly be one of the greatest cures in recent times. Paralyzation is one of the more frightening injuries, in my opinion, and there are millions of paralyzed folk around the planet who would give almost anything to be able to use thier limbs again.

Of course, fundies will still bitch about it.

It won't matter a shit to the fundies if stem cells cured cancer; to get them, you have to OMG KILL FETUSES. Even though scientists are working around that problem, they'll still be convinced it's evil somehow, and will merrily deny the sick and disabled their cure because it's the morally right thing to do. Because they're proud hypocrites.

Ya, I know I'm a wacko, but I can't help feeling sorry for that rat.