Goodbye Jesus

Different Perspective

Guest end3

The Italians have a saying that translates as "God is a pig." Traditionally, it's something you say only if something immensely fucked up has happened. Such as you come home one day only to find that your house has burned down with your family inside it. So you fall to your knees and scream "God is a pig!!!"

I can acknowledge an adventure of the mind, but don't know if it has gained me much other than a newly hightened hate for the people I disliked before, only now I can justify it.

How do you justify it in humanist terms exactly? This claim kinda confuses me.

As I think I am able to evaluate my moral status relative to time, I feel, not measured, but feel, my moral development is in decline over the last year or so....i.e. cussing a bit more, more immoral speech among those that don't need to hear such, etc.... I also find it easier to justify my interests and feelings rather than those of the whole. I can acknowledge an adventure of the mind, but don't know if it has gained me much other than a newly hightened hate for the people I disliked before, only now I can justify it. So, do you feel more loving toward society as a whole after deconversion? I am not leaning towards deconversion being something desirable......what I am trying to say is I am personally experiencing no moral gains worthy of making me a better human with a more humanist perspective.

well what the fuck man? :P(kidding around)

my experience after my deconversion is i fell more moral than i have for years.

i have always cussed. when i was a Christian, i went through stages where i'd cuss and when i wouldn't. now, i just accept the fact that i'm a sailor in language form. my father is the same way, and i don't believe using foul language is a matter of moral problems. it may show how i'm frustrated, angry with life, and in some ways i am. got a lot of family problems going on right now, and there are things i'm just fed up with but oh hell its just sometimes fun to cuss like a sailor, especially when it comes naturally for me.

but on the more serious topics of morality, i do believe after my deconversion i've become more moral to myself and others. i'm more honest than i've ever been. this is probably why i can come across as harsh or brazen when i talk about certain topics. there's no more of that lieing love of God/empathy in me. if i find something ridiculous that someone says/believes in, i usually call them out on it now or leave them alone. should ask one of my friends, which now she rarely ever talks to me. i'm too honest for my own good i suppose which i wasn't when i was a Christian, because "love of Christ" conflicted with the idea of being honest with how i feel about something, or someone. my moral actions have changed for the better. when i believed i could justify many immoral actions. the biggest one was getting with a married woman while she was going through a divorce. highlight of my Christian moral conscience because since adultery happened in her marriage, it made oh so much perfect sense to get with her, and be a man of god for her. stupid bullshit because the relationship ended up only being about physical bullshit, and me almost becoming homeless, not to mention giving my virginity some woman just because i felt things for her, which she lived about oh 5-6 hours away from me while flying, and i've always considered it to be immoral to just give it to a woman for emotions...that to me isn't a Christian thing, i just find myself more than a animal and i'm proud of that, and in this case, the more i remembered about supposed "sexual purity in the eyes of God" and to be faithful to my obligations to her, it just gave more justifable reason for us to fuck the shit out of each other which was the reason was there already because i was attracted to her physically like mad, and her to me like mad, but of course we needed that divine guidance, and we got it. back as a believer i was a drunk because i didn't know how to deal with things in any kind of right manner.

so now i'm an atheist, becoming loud mouth about it as well. i haven't had sex in over a year, because i'm too worried that emotions are going to fuck everything up and i'm more concerned with two people, meaning me and a woman really knowing what we're doing when getting involved because it messes with emotions and hearts, and minds and lives too damn much and no matter what, i can't turn off my mind and heart to it all but now i'm not going to mess around with any of it, till the proverbial "time" comes, meaning that proverbial time you know the both of you really love each other, and who knows how long that will take. i'm a more honest than i've ever been. i control my drinking now because of what i knew that it did to the way i dealt with things emotionally.

a lot of this stuff could have been found without atheism as one could argue, but i don't know why it took me to lose my faith to gain this. but it did, and i'm not looking back. i'm lovin this and i plan on progressing this all the time. i do feel a little bit more of humantairism towards the world. i felt this while i was a Christian, but now, its different, and i like this better. try to give people the sense to wakeup and start living instead of wallowing away in their confusion, sadness and pain. we all have that, that doesn't mean we live in it all the damn time. and in those cases, i'm not leaveing it in the hands of a makeup messiah to offer something to them, its, me offering something to them, only hoping that they can use it to better themselves. its two human beings caring for each other, not with the addition of a super human god idea, for me that makes it non-real when that 3rd part added to it.

but i have a theory for myself. when you believe in something for selfish reasons, it eventually becomes a reason that is immoral for believeing, and when you live in that, you'll never be a fully moral person to what you could be, because your foundation is completely self-serving. but when you give it up completely and start over, you do start to see some ironic things happen that lead you to a more consistant moral living. but that's just me. :)

3) Vigile, there are no words to describe your inadaquecies. Good luck in hell.

End, god is love an all that crap right?

OK, so either you were making a funny or you just stated you believe in hell.

Let me axe you something? If you got caught shoplifting, you did it cause you were hungry, depressed and desperate. You get caught by the police. Your SENTENCE is life in prison doing hard labor without the possibility of parole. You get to share a cell with a well endowed man named bubba who thinks you have a nice fanny....

Does the punishment fit the crime? EVEN the above example is "mild" compared to the whole "burn in hell" concept. If eternity is endless, then burning in hell for all eterinty it kinda like the passage of just .001 second in a 100 year time frame, and even this example grossly underestimates eternity. To really understand the massive degree of sadistic injustice involved in hell doctrines, is to understand it cannot be true whatsoever.

If you believe in your god, and think him/her capable of such a heinous unjust act as sending his own creations to a place of eternal torture, believing this makes you blasphemous. You embrace the possibility that your god is a monster. *IF* he exisited I am sure he would be offended by all the people that believe in hell for this very reason.

3) Vigile, there are no words to describe your inadaquecies. Good luck in hell.

End, god is love an all that crap right?

OK, so either you were making a funny or you just stated you believe in hell.

Let me axe you something? If you got caught shoplifting, you did it cause you were hungry, depressed and desperate. You get caught by the police. Your SENTENCE is life in prison doing hard labor without the possibility of parole. You get to share a cell with a well endowed man named bubba who thinks you have a nice fanny....

Does the punishment fit the crime? EVEN the above example is "mild" compared to the whole "burn in hell" concept. If eternity is endless, then burning in hell for all eterinty it kinda like the passage of just .001 second in a 100 year time frame, and even this example grossly underestimates eternity. To really understand the massive degree of sadistic injustice involved in hell doctrines, is to understand it cannot be true whatsoever.

If you believe in your god, and think him/her capable of such a heinous unjust act as sending his own creations to a place of eternal torture, believing this makes you blasphemous. You embrace the possibility that your god is a monster. *IF* he exisited I am sure he would be offended by all the people that believe in hell for this very reason.

Good point SWIM.... One, Vigile is a elitist pig and he lacks grace....his statement was directed towards me in a left-handed, or sinister manner. I stand by my statement. Two, I think eternity would be a bit much myself, but I interpret hell as being a lasting age, and that all men will come around but by different means. But you are right, eternity in hell would suck.

End3,

Here's a very personal question, and it's your choice if you want to answer it: do you feel you have changed attitude and opinion by being on this website now for over a year and debated plenty of stuff? Or do you feel you have the exact same beliefs, same ideas, and so on, as before?

End3,

Here's a very personal question, and it's your choice if you want to answer it: do you feel you have changed attitude and opinion by being on this website now for over a year and debated plenty of stuff? Or do you feel you have the exact same beliefs, same ideas, and so on, as before?

More verifying than anything...please read the new thread.