Goodbye Jesus

Has Anyone Been Visited By The Hag? Or Another Incubus?

PiracyOfTheHead

I can imagine your frustration. Unfortunately I can't exact or completely understand what you go through, since those experiences are so foreign to me. I have talked to a few members on this website in the past who also had similar experiences they couldn't explain. And in a sense it feels unfair, whichever way you look at it. Because either, the supernatural does exist, but someone like me never got a chance for unknown reasons to experience it. Or the supernatural does not exist, and someone like you have to live in a constant question how it can't be real when it feels so real to you.

Well said Hans!

It would be too simple for those of us who haven't had these experiences to dismiss it out of hand. But are the people who attest to this any less sane or rational than those who haven't had it happen? I would have a harder time explaining away something like that if I had seen it.

Or as it says in Hamlet "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in our philosophy".

"In one sense Florduh may be correct, I lean a bit towards belief in the supernatural but I also seek the TRUTH, perhaps I am a little biased by my experiences but that is impossible to change, how could I not be??"

That's what I was saying. You WANT to believe in the supernatural.

I also have had "experiences" with ghosts and UFOs. I investigated, I wanted to believe, but the scientific explanations were the most likely, so I ACCEPTED THEM.

Yeah but come on, you know you were laying it on a bit thick right??

When I say I lean, I dont think its the same as how you imagine me, I think you truly got the wrong impression from that bloody Dawkins/Chopra thread....I also WANT the truth, if its plain old mundane then I will accept it, so Im not completely spooky.

I've always liked your input, I've always enjoyed your to the point style, EXCEPT when you began labeling me as you did during the Dawkins/Chopra thread, thats when it got a bit personal and you started forming this impression of me that has a bit of a basis but is not the way you make it seem. Theres some grains of truth in what you say about me but I think it has ballooned too much out of proportion to the way I really am, I guess thats what irked me so much this time.

I guess we've misunderstood eachother, I dont want to be on your bad side or have any hard feelings.

All in all, you lean one way I lean another, but were both pretty close to the fence, I think the misunderstanding is that I push the envelope, I try to see all angles, maybe it comes off as "wanting to believe"more than it really is "wanting to be open-minded", can we agree to disagree??

There's a lot I want to learn from you, based on things you have said and your knowledge in so many areas, i have a lot of questions for you and I'd like to remain on good terms.

It would be too simple for those of us who haven't had these experiences to dismiss it out of hand. But are the people who attest to this any less sane or rational than those who haven't had it happen? I would have a harder time explaining away something like that if I had seen it.

I've had the experience. When I was living in a house full of xians eating, drinking and sleeping xianity, I woke one night to two large green eyes in the dark room and a chill that enveloped my body. I couldn't move. I couldn't speak. It was sleep paralysis mixed with a healthy dose of supernatural obsession.

Interesting how these occur only when someone is drifting off to sleep or waking up.

• Super Moderator

POTH, I think one can be too open minded.

Once a rational explanation has been presented for something, it should be accepted over the irrational interpretations that involve fairies, demons, gods, leprechauns and magic dust.

Is it POSSIBLE that incubi and abducting aliens exist? Well, in the sense that ANYTHING is possible, yes. However, it's not very fuckin' likely given the physiological evidence of sleep paralysis discovered through experimentation and observation.

If seeking the truth means entertaining the possibility of spooky phenomena existing even when science, observation and good sense say there is a natural explanation, then the answers will always elude you.

Maybe it's Nancy Pelosi with another "stimulus package"... ;)

My sister used to have a friend who seemed to be suffering from Sleep paralysis, among other problems. She claimed to see demons and hear voices. And she thought she was going to be some prophet for god or something.

Unfortunately her parents were Christians so they encouraged this stuff instead of getting treatment for her.

Piracy, you talk about needing to "will" these things away. That right there says to me that the things are most likely the result of things going on in the ol' noggin.

If it were something supernatural then that would suggest that it is a real existing entity separate from yourself, in which case merely willing it to leave should have no effect on it.

Since it leaves when you will it too then that is a good indication that it's existence is closely connected with something going on in your mind, which you interrupt by a force of will.

I mentioned in another thread that I used to experience similar things. Once again, the answer is to be found in Anomalistic Psychology, which has studied this subject for decades at least. It is very common throughout history. That's where the term "nightmare" originated. I found three books which helped me alot. This is an excerpt from one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/sitbv3/reader?asi...YqdVT6QFvBBptk=

I think it is menopause.

WOW...I appreciate the feedback but I would like to get things flowing the way I intended in the first place.

A) I KNOW THE SP THEORY, I DONT NEED IT EXPLAINED TO ME AGAIN.

B ) I WANTED TO HEAR EXPERIENCES OF THOS EWHO HAVE HAD THIS HAPPEN AND THEIR TAKE ON IT.

I am confused as to why I keep being given info to explain the SP theory when I made it clear I knew about it and was more interested in hearing people that experienced it and their take on it since I know the SP side of the story...

This wasnt meant to be a debate, this was meant to be a thread where those that expereienced the phenomenon told their story and summarized their opinion of what had happened. Not everything is a debate, this is more of investigative journalism, simply hearing accounts and looking at them as a collective whole.

Agnosticator, I havent checked your link yet, I think you said it was more in depth info on it, so I will read that tonight, thanks.

Kuroikaze,

You misunderstood the WILL part, I was willing myself to stay awake, I never believed I willed the entity away.

It seemed as if it wanted you to sleep so it could do whatever and by willing yourself awake repeatedly it finally gives up, frustrated, to return again another night.

I may not have made that clear, sorry about that.

So back to the matter...

Those who have expereienced this, please continue to tell your tale and what you think may have happened. If you believe it was SP, fine, but I know the theory and explanation, it's fine you believe it but I dont need it explained again.

BTW, I really feel torn on this one, both sides seem plausible to me, I am really trying to find an answer but until I get more info about the experiences I am stuck.

I'm not denying the SP theory, I believe that if not supernatural, SP will be the key to this phenomenon.

Thanks in advance.

:unsure: I have experienced it, I was told it was attack by demons and to say nothing but the blood of Jesus when it happened. I'd naturally try to fight against it and it terrified me as a child/teenager/young adult. It wasn't until I mentioned it to the doctor while I was pregnant with my first, as it seemed to be happening a lot and was scaring me that it was explained to me. I did some research and there is nothing to "believe" either way, it's a sleep disorder, simple as that. It's also one less thing I had to fret and stress out about. Each thing that happened to me that was explained rationally put to rest the brainwashing I was given of a demon around every corner fear I was fed on a daily basis. Once I was told what it was, I was much relieved and I could better cope with the matter. YES it still happens but I just tell myself to fall back asleep when it does. I don't fight it, there's nothing to fear it's a natural phenomenon with the human body, there is no mystery of outside forces.

I'm sorry you're upset at my explanation, I wasn't giving it to debate but more so to calm fears of a very scary thing that happens to a lot of people. Good luck with getting the answers you seek to the issue. :thanks:

POTH, I think one can be too open minded.

Once a rational explanation has been presented for something, it should be accepted over the irrational interpretations that involve fairies, demons, gods, leprechauns and magic dust.

Is it POSSIBLE that incubi and abducting aliens exist? Well, in the sense that ANYTHING is possible, yes. However, it's not very fuckin' likely given the physiological evidence of sleep paralysis discovered through experimentation and observation.

If seeking the truth means entertaining the possibility of spooky phenomena existing even when science, observation and good sense say there is a natural explanation, then the answers will always elude you.

Exactly. Reason dictates that we should veer towards the side of the less complicated explanation.

Invoking the supernatural yields two things:

1) Emotional reasoning. One can pick apart the scientific concepts as not specific to every individual, or not completely explaining the phenomenon, or not quite evidenced. It boils down to what one wants to believe or what one fears is true. There's absolutely no reason to think that these issues stem from supernatural phenomenon beyond fear and desire. The science may not be complete but due to the consistent methodology applied within science it is a damned sight better than oogly-booglies.

2) Begging the question - If it isn't incubii visiting me, then what is it?

We must consider that even though we do know a lot about how our brains work, we still don't have it all down to pat yet. We're still discovering new phenomenon about the brain and how it reacts under adverse conditions and lowered states of consciousness. We can replicate some of these things with drugs, so I have no doubt that such visitations can be replicated at some point in the future.

When I was 16, I began waking up with cold, "sickly" shivers running through my body, often times I would begin to feel the shivers in my dreams and would wake up from them, either way when I would wake up I would be frozen still, it would take all my mental (psychic?) energy to release myself from this hold, often I would have to fight 4,5,6, or even 10 times until finally it was gone and that sickly, cold feeling would remain. The strange part was that it wasnt physical strength that would cause me to break free from this "hold" it was a determination to do so, focused and intent, it seemed as if this power was seducing me to sleep, it was as if sleeping and giving up the battle of the will was so enticing, oftentimes I would play around with letting go and at the least second jump back into the game and will my way out of it, it seemed like something REAL BAD would happen if I gave in to sleep, I wasnt told so, it was just a gut feling.

The HAG is actually my ex-wife, don't know why shes breaking into your house at night, but the best way to defeat her is to ask her to do some housework. It's like garlic to vampires, she will run and never return...

• Super Moderator

"The HAG is actually my ex-wife, don't know why shes breaking into your house at night, but the best way to defeat her is to ask her to do some housework. It's like garlic to vampires, she will run and never return..."

Bwaahhhhaaaaaa! SWIM be da man!

For what it's worth, I have found over the years that if I sleep hot (with lots of blankets) then I tend to have bad dreams. Conversely, if I use minimal covers and leave my bare feet outside the covers, then I tend to sleep much more peacefully.

(Oh, and apparently an incubus is a male spirit and a succubus is a female spirit. According to Wikipedia: The word incubus is derived from the Latin preposition in, which in this case means on top of, and cubo, which is Latin for "I lie". The word incubo translates into "I lie on top". Succubus is derived from Late Latin succuba "strumpet", used to describe the supernatural being as well. From succubare "to lie under", from sub- "under" and cubare "to lie".)

This one experience I had was a bit different than others I had previously, but it caused me to search for answers in books. Other people were present while it happened. I interviewed them all afterwards, but they claimed it never happened and they were not there! The event was frightening, and it involved a disembodied fist. As a child, I had a fear of disembodied hands, probably due to all those horror flicks I watched(the crawling hand,etc.). To me, it was real. But since it was so weird, and since I could not recall events before or after my experience, I can only conclude it was hypnogogic/hypnopompic imagery. The story is boring up until we all saw the floating hand, so I won't go into detail.

Piracy, this is a forum in which people have freedom of speech. They have the right to debate and argue all they want to here. Being skeptical of supernatural events is one thing most here can agree on.

I would suggest taking your concerns to a professional therapist if you are really that concerned about them.

Piracy, this is a forum in which people have freedom of speech. They have the right to debate and argue all they want to here. Being skeptical of supernatural events is one thing most here can agree on.

I would suggest taking your concerns to a professional therapist if you are really that concerned about them.

Amethyst, I have the right to ask that my thread be guided in a certain way, right??

All I am saying is that I KNOW the SP theory and I dont need to hear it again, I want to hear from expereiencers and not people on the outside who claim to have the answers, this is MY freedom of spech.

Its my thread, I can ask what I will, now we all know it will not be obeyed and most will say what they want to say, I cant stop people from posting so your post to me is obligatory, I dont understand why you would take offense at me asking for a certain collective audience to reply rather than others????

And the bit about seeing a therapist, come on now, that smacks a bit at condascension, doesnt it?

A few months ago I encountered what I call the "Dirty Old Man", but as I was half asleep and sexually frustrated ( as this happened a day after having some sexual relations with my guy) I know it was just a figment of my imagination. My grandmother said something about my step grandpa's ghost visiting us, but he was not five feet tall with long white hair and beard like an elderly kung fu master.

Amethyst, I have the right to ask that my thread be guided in a certain way, right??

All I am saying is that I KNOW the SP theory and I dont need to hear it again, I want to hear from expereiencers and not people on the outside who claim to have the answers, this is MY freedom of spech.

Its my thread, I can ask what I will, now we all know it will not be obeyed and most will say what they want to say, I cant stop people from posting so your post to me is obligatory, I dont understand why you would take offense at me asking for a certain collective audience to reply rather than others????

And the bit about seeing a therapist, come on now, that smacks a bit at condascension, doesnt it?

Not trying to be condescending at all. I suggest that to everyone who appears to need one.

And yes, you have a right to free speech, but so do others here.

Not trying to be condescending at all. I suggest that to everyone who appears to need one.

Not certain when starting a thread gave one dictatorial power over said thread.

Piracy, for your own benefit, look at your questions and accept the most likely answer as true. Scientific experiments can be picked apart if you are motivated to believe in superstition, but they still offer the only real evidence that explains a phenomenon. Uncle Franz's nightmare doesn't help at all in explaining sleep paralysis.

For your peace of mind, feel free to put me on the "ignore list" with the others you don't agree with.

Florduh, come on, you have a penchant for explaining away everything in the universe with some mathematical or medical rationale, you're so biased i dont think you're open to "truth" any longer, you are only open to NOT believing in anything and finding a scientific/medical explanation, so you can go hide away in you safe little world while the rest of us hang our balls over the cliff and see what is REALLY going on.

You dismissed the SuperNatural and gave up man, you're a cop out...plain and simple, there is so much hidden evidence and scientific PROOF for supernatural phenomena YOU HAVE TO KNOW ABOUT but you play the safe side, I think its kinda wimpy man, for a time I really respected your "in the middle stance" now I see its not in the middle its only "Florduh". Wheres your reply to my claim i have hard evidence of phenomena on record??? I noticed you conveniently ignored that post...but you jump right into anything you want to shut down.

I dont care if you and your buddy Vigile lambaste me for this post, I know you will....I have a different opinion of the world and I dont bend over and take it when I am trampled upon, sorry, I know others bow down but Im not in the mood to do so, so you can ignore this thread, wine about me or pull your head out of the sand and look the hell around, Im tired of playing nice with those who attack me, or belittle me or use backhanded slaps, youre gonna get served man, like it or not, I'm a bit crippled up but I WAS a Navy SEAL trainee and I have a brain...I know you're not used to that type on here so get the hell used to it...Ive made my peace and you 4 wont have it because I dont buy your shit, thats the plain truth isnt it, I wont believe you or acquiesce, so you're upset....sorry.

I have the right to dissent from your opinions, I have the right to not like your petty comments to belittle me, I have the right to challenge you, I have the right to think you're an old man who gave up....I wanted to be friendly but you shit on that and plus I am an arrogant prick with a chip on my shoulder like VIGILE said, Im an asshole, like VIGILE said, I AM A DICK LIKE VIGILE SAID. So there you go, you got your rise out of me, happy now??

Okay. All of you guys, calm down, no more personal comments or attacks, or I'll close this topic.

Not certain when starting a thread gave one dictatorial power over said thread.

Use your head man...when someone explains what they want out of a convo, its not dictatorial, its intelligent.

I cant say that I know one theory and want to hear others?? Why do you care...where were you on my other 12 threads???

You pop up when its convenient...I am not stupid, as much as you want to think so, and others arent either, they actually hold back because youve been here so long...but you are known by your fruits man, have you ever offered anything positive to my threads?>? Or is it conveniently negative to your advantage, boy it wasnt 2 minutes into me and Florduh getting into it and i looked down and saw you lurking in the thread....you are a troublemaker sir, you know it, I know it, a lot of others know it.

I come off bad sometimes I know but I just hate it when people like you screw with me, it brings out the worst.

I had enough. No more personal attacks. This topic is now closed.