Goodbye Jesus

General News Sites

Amethyst

Why must there ALWAYS be at least one morontheist posting in every single thread on these sites and specifically bringing their god into it, even if the article in question has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with religion? It's as if these people think that by typing "God" into everything, that everyone will automagically believe what they are typing. Yeah, if that's the case, I have some pristine swampland in Florida to sell them for the magically low price of $99.99 a month! Oh, and angels live there, and you can write to them for $9.99 each letter! /sarcasm

:vent:

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

I think it is a twofold reason. They speak this way around their "brethren" so that they fit in, almost like computers use authentication to verify that someone belongs on the system. So they get used to speaking this way and it bleeds over and becomes their "testimony" to outsiders (who usually react like you just did).

I can remember playing Xian music loudly when an electrician came to my house to do a repair. I could see that it annoyed him something fierce, but at the time I hoped I was planting seeds. I wish now that I could apologize to him.

And most are taught from a young age to "spread the good news" and are praised for doing so. It's also taught to adults that spreading the "word of god" is wonderful, and most actually think they're doing something good by being as annoying as hell.

I notice this a lot too, but with me the annoyance primarily comes from the sharp contrast between the US and Australian cultures. Down in Oz we rarely hear a thing from organised religion unless it involves giving those nasty homo-sexuals rights, considering that maybe a woman has the right to determine what to do with her own body, or some lesser yet apparently equal social abomination like ceasing to recite the Lord's Prayer at the start of Parliamentary sessions :rolleyes: . These things, though, don't come around too often.

However, as I understand it, the US is much heavier on the Xtianisation front, and given that it has a population far exceeding that of Australia, the UK or any other developed country - and most of those people have access to a computer - entering the internet is like entering US territory.

So here I am - ignorant, godless Australian - waltzing innocently onto a forum, blog, or news site expecting some kind of semi-reasonable discussion in the comments section, and half the time a significant portion of the comments turn out to be from imperialistic, Xian Americans proselytising and demanding attention... :rolleyes:

Why must there ALWAYS be at least one morontheist posting in every single thread on these sites and specifically bringing their god into it, even if the article in question has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with religion? It's as if these people think that by typing "God" into everything, that everyone will automagically believe what they are typing.

Well that is exactly what the book'o'bullshit says will happen. Approach anyone,preach the bullshit gospel, and of course immediately they see the light and burn the brains out of their skulls :lmao:

Never forget that you aren't dealing with people like you and me in those cases. Consider them preprogrammed bots doing the one thing that their program demands - shove gawd and hell and jebus et cetera ad nauseam into everything, usually by just reacting to keywords in a truly braindead way.

Well that is exactly what the book'o'bullshit says will happen. Approach anyone,preach the bullshit gospel, and of course immediately they see the light and burn the brains out of their skulls :lmao:

Never forget that you aren't dealing with people like you and me in those cases. Consider them preprogrammed bots doing the one thing that their program demands - shove gawd and hell and jebus et cetera ad nauseam into everything, usually by just reacting to keywords in a truly braindead way.

True. :ugh: Stupid brainwashing.