Goodbye Jesus

The God, "i Am"

Malcolm Hutton

Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you

The word Hepre (plural Heprew) in Egyptian has various meanings. The initial 'H' is aspirated and so is sometimes transliterated as 'H', 'CH', 'KH', or as per Wallis Budge, 'X'.

Usually it is a noun meaning 'Manifestation', 'Creation', or 'a Being'. As a verb it is often translated as 'To Come into Existence', but its main function is the all important verb 'TO BE'.

HEPRE IS ALSO THE NAME OF AN EGYPTIAN GOD - Budge: "Xepera the god to whom the property of creating men and things belonged."

These examples from Budge's book 'Egyptian Hieroglypics' show some examples of how Hepre - The Scarab glyph - is used in Egyptian:

post-2335-1230352462_thumb.jpg

Now just look at how Budge translates 'Xepera' - 'I AM he who came into being'.

• 3 weeks later...

HUH?

HUH?

This is just one of many thousands of examples which show that much of the Bible content can be found in Egyptian theology. Almost all of the New Testament is plagiarised from the old religion and worked into a new story, but so often the scribe has got it wrong. For example the Miracles of Walking on Water and turning Water into Wine were not miracles at all in the Egyptian religion, but were instead part of the rituals as shown in The Book of Coming Forth By Day (Book of the Dead).

The Bible Gods Amen and YahWeh were both Egyptian - Allah too comes from the Egyptian moon God IAH - 'Al Yah' - Allah. Muslims still worship this moon god - note the moon crescent on top of all mosques.

The Bible God El is a Semite name and since there was no letter 'L' in Egyptian we do not find it in Egyptian texts. However it appears to correlate with Twt (Thoth or Tuth) which in Hebrew is Dwd or David. Consequently Ymn Twt Ankh - King Twt - became Ymn El Ankh to the Semites and we find this name in the Kebra Nagast as Ymn El Ek - Menelek.

The Biblical 'ADHONAI' comes from the Egyptian ATEN - means the same - Lord.

HUH?

This is just one of many thousands of examples which show that much of the Bible content can be found in Egyptian theology. Almost all of the New Testament is plagiarised from the old religion and worked into a new story, but so often the scribe has got it wrong. For example the Miracles of Walking on Water and turning Water into Wine were not miracles at all in the Egyptian religion, but were instead part of the rituals as shown in The Book of Coming Forth By Day (Book of the Dead).

The Bible Gods Amen and YahWeh were both Egyptian - Allah too comes from the Egyptian moon God IAH - 'Al Yah' - Allah. Muslims still worship this moon god - note the moon crescent on top of all mosques.

The Bible God El is a Semite name and since there was no letter 'L' in Egyptian we do not find it in Egyptian texts. However it appears to correlate with Twt (Thoth or Tuth) which in Hebrew is Dwd or David. Consequently Ymn Twt Ankh - King Twt - became Ymn El Ankh to the Semites and we find this name in the Kebra Nagast as Ymn El Ek - Menelek.

Using outdated, and not well regarded scholars to boot, such as Budge to cite parallels to the Bible is not the best approach. Regarding Budge here's what one reader review offered on Amazon:

The works of E.A. Wallis Budge were out of date before they were even published. His sole gift to Egyptology was the popularisation of the field, leading at the least to extended availability of funding. While interesting as a piece of scholarly history, no beginner should work from this book alone; Budge's understanding of the language is fallible to a degree that would forever mar the education of the casual student in the Egyptian language. My suggestion would be James Allen's new "Middle Egyptian", if not Gardiner.

They even used Budge's name in the movie Stargate in the scene where Daniel Jackson cited Budge to give evidence to his far-out ideas about 10 thousand year old pyramids and space aliens, to which when the crowd of Egyptologists he was talking to upon hearing Budge's name all rolled their eyes, a response in real life they based that scene on. :rolleyes:

Another person that people like to cite like this is Gerald Massey. Although one can find the influences of other cultures in the Biblical stories, to be sure, they are not really straight out hijackings and strict copycats as those like Massey like to speculate based on loose parallels and not so good scholarship. These "insights" are not earth-shattering by any means. There are far better approaches towards Biblical criticism that show the evolution of these beliefs than those created by these populist scholars from 100 years ago.

Using outdated, and not well regarded scholars to boot, such as Budge to cite parallels to the Bible is not the best approach. Regarding Budge here's what one reader review offered on Amazon:

I have read all this Christian rubbish before. If you cannot deal with a point honestly then you go running off to an apologetic site to see what they have for you.

The so called scholars that you quote that have attacked Budge and Massey and so many others that have revealed explosive truths for Christianity are and were all funded by religion.

Read Laird Scranton's "Sacred Symbols of the Dogon" and you will find that it is the critics who are now proved to be completely wrong and Budge correct. There is no way you can deny what Massey has found. I learned Egyptian to make sure that he was telling the truth and not trying to deceive. There is plenty of evidence to prove that religious Egyptologists have been serving out sheer lies and their translation of the name of the Egyptian King who was called Jacob is a good example. When you can read the hieroglyphs it is so easy to see that they have deliberately translated the name incorrectly.

Another example is King David - in Egyptian the glyphs spell out the letters DJ (as in French 'Dieu') H W T - pronounced something like Djayhut. There is the usual 'MS' at the end of the name meaning 'Born of' or 'Drawn from' and the adjectival suffix letter 'Y' which means "He who Is". Instead of translating the name as it reads - "He who is born of DJ H W T", the religious liars tell us that it reads THOTH or TUTH. Can you honestly show how they get this corruption out of David's name?

I have read all this Christian rubbish before. If you cannot deal with a point honestly then you go running off to an apologetic site to see what they have for you.

Me go to an apologist site? :lmao: It not a matter of not being able to deal with a point honestly, quite the contrary. I'm skeptical across the board. These are not religious ideologies I'm defending. It may help you to realize that I call myself an atheist and an Ex Christian. I just can smell questionable scholarship or arguments a mile away. There are far more reputable and solid scholars to make a case against the Bible being some divine miracle book, or Judism or Christianity as unique in all the world. I did say this in my response, but you instead lept straight from my raising an eyebrow at the scholars you cited, to assuming my issue against them is because I don't want to believe it.

Do you know how exactly like the Christian that sounds? Don't they say the reason you don't believe the Bible is because you refuse to see it? Silly. Not at all. I'm just saying you would be better served to explore more modern scholars. A lot changes in scholarship over 100 years, you know? And the reader review I sited criticized him as an Egyptologist on that basis alone, not because he argued against Christianity! :) Say, isn't this what the Creationist says about scientists who accept evolution? That's its all one big atheist conspiracy? You see my point? Your responding to me like a Christian, only in reverse and assuming I'm an unbeliever in your new faith. Get the facts straight.

Again, there is better, more reputable scholarship available with which to make your case. I'd just avoid these guys since it puts you in a position to be easily dismissed. That was my point.

The so called scholars that you quote that have attacked Budge and Massey and so many others that have revealed explosive truths for Christianity are and were all funded by religion.

Like those well funded atheist scientists who say evolution is real? Like them? You know, there are a great many Biblical scholars who accept that the Jews and Christianity are not some divine miracle, but a product of their cultures incorporating religious ideas from Egypt and other areas? Surely, funding doesn't mean you conclude according to the funding group always. You really need to expand your understanding a bit here.

Read Laird Scranton's "Sacred Symbols of the Dogon" and you will find that it is the critics who are now proved to be completely wrong and Budge correct. There is no way you can deny what Massey has found. I learned Egyptian to make sure that he was telling the truth and not trying to deceive.

Goodness, just because there can be seen some parralles on the surface, does not validate all of Massey's assumptions. No one scholar has all the answers, and Massey didn't have everything at his disposal we do today. Again, yes... there are influences, however it is not just straight out copy catting, as is liked to be portrayed by citing Massey. It's limited information. Just because something are right, doesn't make it all right. With that logic we could say because the Bible cites actually cities and actually people who are known to exist, that there rest is therefore true, it's authority has been established. Would you say that? Aren't you saying that about Massey? Again, with the Christian approach to knowledge here...

And you honestly think learning Egyptian qualifies you to confirm the creditably of someone scholarship?

There is plenty of evidence to prove that religious Egyptologists have been serving out sheer lies and their translation of the name of the Egyptian King who was called Jacob is a good example.

Just like those evolutionists who are out to disprove God. Right?

All I'm saying is to be careful about just accepting what sounds good to you. There's far more powerful knowledge available to you. I've spent the last 4500 some posts on this site debating Christians, and I think my arguments are pretty darned effective without my ever once making the mistake of citing someone like Massey. I like to win, and Massey would make me too vulnerable for my comfort in a debate. ;)

I've heard a lot of this before. Not just the argument in the thread so far ( ;) ) but the whole thing with the names and all that (at least having something to do with David though what I read was more compelling than the brief statement here). Seems like a couple or three years back maybe but I can't be sure (it wasn't on this site).

I enjoy Budge's works simply because they are just so chock full of stuff. Things you don't see elsewhere. But I'd say you'd be better off starting with more recent info and working back. I do applaud the effort to learn hieroglyphs. I made a poor attempt but my poor brain couldn't hold the info (I was just adjusting to my migraine meds at the time though so maybe I'd stand a better chance now? Oh, knowing that means this must have been 2006 or maybe early 2007 when I read the above :) ).

mwc

I am just wondering how your mind works.

What Bible god AMEN are you talking about?

YahWeh, which comes directly from JAH or YAH from Mesopotamia along with El, how do you get that from Egyptian? EL or EX comes from TWT????

Lastly, how does a purely Hebrew word meaning Lord, Adonai, comes from ATEN? Is that like saying the Enlish word DOG comes from the French word CHIEN because they both mean the same thing???