Goodbye Jesus

An Atheist Prays

quicksand

Dear God,

Why am I talking to myself?

:phew: pppffhhhhhhwwaaahahahhahahahahha!!!!!!!! :grin::lol:

Dear quicksand:

Because it's the only way you can be assured of intelligent conversation.

Love,

God

;)

:lmao:

:lmao: thats a great one :)

As an agnostic, I'd much rather talk to myself than pray. Talking to myself is just as effective as praying to God; because the exact same thing happens afterwards:

Not a damn thing.

Wait, actually people tend to look at me weird. But hey, I don't feel nearly as stupid as Christians should, because I know someone is listening.

As an agnostic, I'd much rather talk to myself than pray. Talking to myself is just as effective as praying to God; because the exact same thing happens afterwards:

Not a damn thing.

Wait, actually people tend to look at me weird. But hey, I don't feel nearly as stupid as Christians should, because I know someone is listening.

To me, livin' in a world chock full of superstitionists is flustrating and lonely. How can humans be so silly still? Belief in a personal god is an error that is so unnecessary.

Dear God,

How appropriate. I did just such a thing last night. It had been a beautiful day and I had a wonderful, relaxing evening and was about to fall asleep with a perfect breeze coming through the window. I started to thank god for all that happiness, and realized there was no one to talk to. How confusing, even a year after my deconversion. I really felt weird for a few minutes.

Dear God,

:lmao::funny::lmao:

She told me I "introspect" too much.  She said I needed to stop introspecting.  That was really hard, because basically she was telling me I think about things too much and mentally "dialogue" over them.  So after a week, I told her I couldn't stop introspecting and was very frustrated.  She said every time I start "introspecting" I needed to stop and pray.  :shrug:   So instead of introspecting to myself, I was now introspecting to myself as god.  :Doh:

Sounds like the same advice typically given out regarding masturbation. Well, that's what it made me think of any way.... :shrug:

If you liked that one, youll love this one...

The other day I was at the bar with my brother. Jake I says, "I became a Christian yesterday." My brother drops his jaw and almost breathlessly whispers, "You got to be kidding me?!?" I retorted... "No I did." Jake's jaw hit the bar as I said "Yeah, I changed my first name to Christian."

:68:

...I started to thank god for all that happiness, and realized there was no one to talk to.  How confusing, even a year after my deconversion.  I really felt weird for a few minutes.

Just the other day after driving for 14 hours, I started to thank god for the beautiful drive and for getting me home safely. It's only been a couple of months since I left superstition. It feels weird still wanting to pray about things (mostly thanksgiving stuff).

:Hmm:

Dear God,

God's answer: "Because you're a schizo, I made you after my image you know! Shut up! No I won't! I told you to stop! What? I'm so confused..." :HaHa:

Just the other day after driving for 14 hours, I started to thank god for the beautiful drive and for getting me home safely. It's only been a couple of months since I left superstition. It feels weird still wanting to pray about things (mostly thanksgiving stuff).

Weird, yes. I have found that there's no one to go to with my gratitude and it feels a little bit strange just holding it in to myself but there seems to be no avenue of expression for me that is rational. :shrug:

Weird, yes. I have found that there's no one to go to with my gratitude and it feels a little bit strange just holding it in to myself but there seems to be no avenue of expression for me that is rational.  :shrug:

Leftover Christian brainwashing makes us think we have to be grateful when things are going our way-- leftover from feeling that we don't deserve goodness and happiness because we are not worthy.

I'm glad no one's watching to see if I am worthy-- makes me feel like I'm getting away with something. :grin:

When I was a kid learning all this religion, in school (I went to Lutheran schools til 3rd grade, sunday school etc...) I was told God speaks to your 'heart" and you will hear him in your head. Now, I know my own voice. So I waited. Waited. Waited. Not a whisper. I heard my own voice plenty of times, but nothing different and no booming voice from Heaven.

Practical experience was enough for me to conclude that what my folks and teachers told me about God speaking to me was ridiculous. That was already a big strike against the religion when I was pressured into Confirmation class.

My skepticism had been piqued by that time.

I'm glad no one's watching to see if I am worthy-- makes me feel like I'm getting away  with something.  :grin:

hehe. I like that. Haven't thought about it that way, I think I'll try that :)