Goodbye Jesus

My father

Lunar Shadow

I just spent an hour arguing again with my father on weather intelligent design should be thought in public school or not. Some how the conversation took a turn and he started professing over and over again first on how Atheism is a religion and then changes and says there is no such thing as a true Atheist. The mother fucker is so blinded by his faith he can only look at Atheism from an Xtian view point where "…it has to be a religion.” :ugh:

Ivy can back me up on this she was there :)

thanks for letting me vent :thanks:

Hey! I brought up the topic due to Bush's comments (I hate bush, that's why I shave mine). So Jester's dad started to say how even the ideas of Evolution-ism (according to him is what is being taught in school) is a religion. :ugh: He went off on different rabbit trails trying to ignore the initial topic I brought up.

It is impossible to hold an intelligent conversation with him. I asked him this morning for what he would do if he was a 23 year old female, not married, has an okay job, but has room-mates because she cannot afford living on her own.. and just found out that she was prego. He said he would have the baby (one of my friend's is dealing with this right now, she asked me what I would do and I told her, but I was wanting other opinions on this). Jester's father started to say he would have the baby and as I was detailing her live to him I then asked what he thought about RU-486 and he said that would be better then a real abortion and then stopped the conversation and said he would talk to me later about it. He likes to stop in the middle of a conversation to sit at his computer and play SNOOD.

Ggrrrrr.... I'm sure we will finish that conversation in about a month or so.

Hey!  I brought up the topic due to Bush's comments (I hate bush, that's why I shave mine).  So Jester's dad started to say how even the ideas of Evolution-ism (according to him is what is being taught in school) is a religion.  :ugh:   He went off on different rabbit trails trying to ignore the initial topic I brought up. 

It is impossible to hold an intelligent conversation with him.  I asked him this morning for what he would do if he was a 23 year old female, not married, has an okay job, but has room-mates because she cannot afford living on her own.. and just found out that she was prego.  He said he would have the baby (one of my friend's is dealing with this right now, she asked me what I would do and I told her, but I was wanting other opinions on this).  Jester's father started to say he would have the baby and as I was detailing her live to him I then asked what he thought about RU-486 and he said that would be better then a real abortion and then stopped the conversation and said he would talk to me later about it.  He likes to stop in the middle of a conversation to sit at his computer and play SNOOD.

Ggrrrrr....  I'm sure we will finish that conversation in about a month or so.

yup thats my dad ( I don't like to claim him all that much as you can understand why) :Doh:

Here we go again... always the same nonsense... :banghead:

Referring to fundie dad that is.

Hi Ivy and Jester,

I take it you guys are still living w/ Jester's folks (from an earlier thread). It'll certainly be a welcome change when you get out of their house. I've put almost 1000 miles between myself and my fundy family. It helps alot. Much less frustrating.

I feel for you both. Hang tough!

Is it possible to avoid these rather prickly topics (religion, abortion, etc.)? They are real flash points it seems (unless you like a good argument).

Hi Ivy and Jester,

I take it you guys are still living w/ Jester's folks (from an earlier thread).  It'll certainly be a welcome change when you get out of their house.  I've put almost 1000 miles between myself and my fundy family.  It helps alot.  Much less frustrating.

I feel for you both.  Hang tough! 

Is it possible to avoid these rather prickly topics (religion, abortion, etc.)?  They are real flash points it seems (unless you like a good argument).

thats the thing curt I do like a GOOD argument not the ones my father is putting up claiming that anything that goes against his world view is "junk science" thats not a good argument. But yes I am waiting for the day where we can get in to our own place.

thanx for the kind words

--Jester

thats the thing curt I do like a GOOD argument not the ones my father is putting up claiming that anything that goes against his world view is "junk science" thats not a good argument. But yes I am waiting for the day where we can get in to our own place.

thanx for the kind words

--Jester

Sounds like the rub is you like a rational exchange of ideas and not a chance to listen to the soapbox that your dad likes to jump onto. Groan.

Sometimes there is no rational discussion - just words flying. Most depressing with those we love. Take it easy, both of you. If I were still a believer, I'd pray, but we both know how much that does. :) -