Goodbye Jesus

I talked to a guy who said the Biblical Elijah

bluewizard

I talked to this guy, he said Elijah visited him and told him the settlers who push for the rebuilding of the temple will have blood on their head. :lmao: I think he did some drugs. What are the chnaces of this actually being true?

I talked to this guy, he said Elijah visited him and told him the settlers who push for the rebuilding of the temple will have blood on their head. :lmao:   I think he did some drugs. What are the chnaces of this actually being true?

What being true? Him doing drugs? then I'd say thats likely, if your asking if Elijah visited him, I'd say the chance is somewhere between zero and less than zero :grin:

Sure he didn't get him mixed up with Solomon? :lmao: They all look the same ya know. :grin:

Which Elijah? Elijah Wood?

How would you even know if it was the biblical Elijah? Driver's license?

Which Elijah?  Elijah Wood?

How would you even know if it was the biblical Elijah?  Driver's license?

:lmao: He's gonna convert to Orthodox Judaism, he said Elijah visited him in a dream then in real life, I told him he shoulda took a pic. He said he knew somehow it was Elijah, remmeber in the OT, Elijah and Enoch are the only humans who have never died.

I say there is absolutely no possibility. Whether he really believes he saw him or not is a different story. :shrug:

I would say the chances of him having done some serious drugs are, oh, say, about 1: ...1.

The odds of him actually seeing and speaking to Elijah for real, on the other hand, are probably the same as the odds of being asked to burp the greatest hits of barry manilow at carnegie hall, and having NBC buy the story rights and turn it into a docudrama.

Or the same odds that I didn't steal the above from a Dilbert cartoon, which I did. ;)

• 2 months later...

This is what I thought:

Which Elijah?  Elijah Wood?

:lmao::woohoo::17:

Well, as the song goes, these are the days of Elijah! :HaHa:

Sounds like either drugs or psychosis to me...

I had a relative who had some kind of episode that apparently involved thinking he had a message from God and my mom or something like that... think he actually did? :Wendywhatever: We didn't, and what exactly are the criteria for determining whether one of these visions/experiences is worthy of one's belief, anyway? I don't know, but I can't see putting much stock in them

I talked to this guy, he said Elijah visited him and told him the settlers who push for the rebuilding of the temple will have blood on their head.  I think he did some drugs. What are the chnaces of this actually being true?

Um, zero? Of course, some family of fundies could've named their son Elijah in modern times. So that would raise the probability, but he needs to prove it's that Elijah and not the other one who we know can't possibly exist now, even if he did at one time.

As long as he is not violent or rabid, let him destroy his own life. As to the chances of it being a biblical figure of any sort... well, the odds of that are about as good as the christian god striking all exchristians dead at noon today.

-Jake

Hey, it's funny - I did see Elijah Wood in the security line at Seatac airport on my way to Vegas a month ago...

...but he didn't talk to me. ;)

Hey, it's funny - I did see Elijah Wood in the security line at Seatac airport on my way to Vegas a month ago...

...but he didn't talk to me. ;)

Heh.. I told him he should have talked to you if he saw you!

Is this the same Elijah who has a gazillion cups of wine, in each time zone, two nights in a row, once a year around April?

When did he talk to him? Maybe he was still drunk? LOL

I talked to this guy, he said Elijah visited him and told him the settlers who push for the rebuilding of the temple will have blood on their head. :lmao:   I think he did some drugs. What are the chnaces of this actually being true?

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Well, since Elijah never really existed, I say there's no chance at all. :shrug:

First off, why would some supernatural entity deliver a message to some provencial American who's probably never set foot in Israel warning Jewish settlers about rebuilding a temple? Would it have made more sense to talk to, say, Aaron Sharon? Secondly, did Elijah deliver his message in Hebrew or English?

Thirdly, I would like to know what this dude was on......because apparantly, it's some good stuff. :grin:

The chances of actually speaking with Elijah are the same as the chances of actually speaking with Spok. Both are fictional characters after all.

Guest Iconoclastic1

The operative question is not what the chances of it being true are, it's how much anti-psychotic medication is necessary to make them go away.